North Dartmouth, MA
Acura TL
08/07/2020
Just the facts.
655.00 for a new alternator and belt. Got the call that the car was ready, I live an hour away. Drove up and car was not ready lol. Gave me loaner car, cool..however had empty vodka nips in the center console. No shit lmfao.
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 08/10/2020

Cape Auto does its best every day to satisfy our customers. That being said,  nothing is 100% perfect. We did the job, and roadtested it, however when we brought the car up to the customer, we realized that it was not ready to leave and we needed to make some adjustment, definitely our fault. The only thing we could do was get the customer into substitute transportation and make sure it would be done correctly. I have to say, that in my 40 years here, I’ve never run across nips left in one of our loaner cars, and I’m horrified that one of my customers would do that. Live and learn, so I guess we now need to look in the console for left behinds? Sad commentary. We are sorry for the inconvienience.

David Gallerani

RI
ROBIN,LARRY I.
03/19/2020
Review of review
We've been taking our vehicles to cape auto since we moved to plymouth 7 years ago. About 4 months ago I went to cape auto to have some work done on my truck and after the work was completed I did a review about my experience at cape auto. I was very happy as usual. Then I received a coupon in the mail from cape auto for 25.00 off my " next visit" there is no other disclaimers on the coupon or expiration date. Well today I went to use the 25.00 off coupon on my inspection. When I showed the service adviser he told me I couldn't use it on inspections.. Ummm? No restrictions are written on the coupon.. I couldn't help coming away from there felling douped. I gave such a glowing review the last time I was there and felt like I was being rewarded for my loyalty. The service guy made me feel like I was trying to scam him.. Again the coupon was mailed to me for a previous review as a gift. And it says "PRESENT THIS CARD AND RECEIVE $25.00 OFF YOUR NEXT VISIT (NEXT VISIT)TO OUR SERVICE CENTER". PERIOD .. If you weren't going to honor this card then you shouldn't have sent it. Or at least printed the restrictions on the card and then no mistakes or assumptions would have be made. Again the service advisor made me feel like I was scamming them..

Subaru Legacy
08/15/2019
Issues
Told me problems with my car (that were fixable for free in 2 minutes) would take 100$ to look at let alone fix. Of everything they told me only one was a real problem. Nice people inside great owner not a fan of what happened with the mechanics.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 08/16/2019

We are governed by the state of Massachusetts Department of Motor Vehicles guidelines for Inspections on safety related items. This particular vehicle failed due to an emergency brake malfunction, a faulty tie rod & defective mirror. The estimate furnished to the client was accurate. Failed Inspections naturally make people unhappy, and the result can be a low review. Written estimates are submitted to customers for approval before any work is begun. Most customers seem to appreciate this process. We stand behind our work, and have done so since 1952.

06/03/2019
Mixed review
I went to Cape Auto for an inspection. The facility is nice and customer service was good dropping it off. Since there were customers in line ahead of me I left my car there and asked them to call when it was done. I never received a call and ended up going back on my own to find that it was done. The girl at the desk began processing payment and I read on the paperwork that my inspection failed (because of a faded license plate). I have never received a rejection sticker so I had to ask about how long I had to come back, payment, etc. Not the biggest deal but since I went there for that service, it would have been nice for someone to tell me that it failed and what the process was. Instead the girl at the desk just asked for payment.