RD
RICK D.
Ram 1500 Classic
11/07/2020
Customer service is awesome!!!
New to area. Have had my wife's Subaru in for excellent service on several occasions. Brought my truck in for inspection sticker after having transferred registration from Maine. I asked for and was told that the tire pressures would be checked. When I closed out and paid, I was told that the pressures had been checked. The next day (it did not get colder outside), truck computer told me that all tire pressures were low. I brought my truck to the dealer and they inflated all four tires to the proper pressure.
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 11/11/2020

Hi Rick,

I did some research on the reasons for your 3 star review from the end of last week. The tire pressure was checked and deemed OK during your visit. That said, situations arise which can alter pressures, sometimes inexplicably. My first thought would be a slow leak, but that would be one tire vs. all 4. All I can say is we can check your system thoroughly on your next visit to ensure this does not happen again. We appreciate your positive customer service comment, thank you! We look forward to seeing you again, and apologize for the inconvenience of a trip to the dealer.

Mark Mackinnon 508.746.0330
MARK@CAPEAUTOREPAIRS.COM

WM
WILLIAM M.
10/09/2020
Had a problem with the suspension on my son’s car. Cape Auto took care of the problem and car is back to new. I’m very happy with their work . Thank you.
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 10/13/2020

Dear William,

Looking at your review posted 10/09/2020 on SureCritic regarding your recent experience here with your son's vehicle, it appears you were quite happy. Is there anything I should know about to improve your experience?

A review of 3 out of 5 stars is considered low for us, and I would want to attempt to rectify any misgivings you may have. We take the review process very seriously and would like to protect our current 4.94 out of 5 star rating, if not improve upon it. If this was an error, can we respectfully request a rescore? Please & thank you.

3 out of 5 stars -- Would Recommend? Yes
Business ID: 1002501 -- Order #: 187903

VL
VIRGINIA L.
Toyota Prius Prime
08/27/2020
Wrong Customer
Got appoint mentioned for 1pm Wednesday for oil change and inspection. Dropped car off at 10:30 on Wednesday. Service not complete until 4:30 pm. I provided a contact phone number when appt. made. Your system only had my wifes' info. We had this issue before. Virginia. I am R.Jay. This survey also sent to my wife via text...not me...very frustrating. Do you have this problem with multiple vehicle households?
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 08/27/2020

We apologize for the delay in returning your vehicle. Due to COVID-19 & the new “normal” both turnaround times and staffing have become more of a challenge these days. We attempt to accommodate all customers with the quickest service we can offer. Wednesday ended up being very busy. Thank you for alerting us to the database telephone preference. We have updated your information so your cell is now primary contact for text updates (your wife’s was listed first on account). Most families prefer to have one account. We can also discuss two separate accounts if that would be more convenient for you. Thank you, we take our review process very seriously, and hope you may consider a rescore. Your feedback as always is appreciated.

KD
KATHERINE D.
08/23/2020
Staff is very nice
Staff was very nice. Was there for 4 new tires, front end alignment and inspection. Mid day got a call indicating my tire sensor light was broken would I like it fixed? I said yes, fee was $80. Tire sensor is not fixed and remains on all the time. Not satisfied with this . Thank you.

JENNIFER T.
08/11/2020
Appointment not taken on time
I had a 9am appointment and was there prior. The inside rep did come out right away for my keys and registration.
Because I was waiting I was able to see that a tech did not take my car into the shop until 9:22.
I get that sometimes things are delayed but this seemed a bit ridiculous when I was required to have an appointment set up

06/25/2020
Ok
Since I got there very early, it was fast. And no contact. But not everyone who was in our car wore masks, so despite them wiping parts of the interior, we still have to disinfect the interior in case someone breathed some virus particles. This is important because my wife and I are in the high risk group.
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 06/30/2020

Dear Terrence,

I noticed you left a 3 Star review on SureCritic late last week. I was off so am not responding until now, sorry. We attempt to take the utmost precautions with all our customer experiences in the new normal caused by COVID-19 concerns. Contactless repair options with curbside drop & pick up, or secure key drop. All of our staff is trained on protocol regarding their health symptoms regarding attending work, staying home and testing if necessary. They are provided PPE Masks & Gloves. They practice social distancing. They are trained to disinfect themselves, all vehicle touch points and utilize plastic protectants for vehicles. This is a new normal for all of us. If you experienced a glitch in our system, I sincerely apologize.

We are striving to adapt, and keep our team & all of our customers safe as best we can. I hope you & your wife stay safe.

Sincerly Mark

Carver, MA
Kia Optima
05/07/2020
Slow service
I like the folks at Cape Auto and everyone was taking the covid 19 virus seriously. My only complaint is that every time that I bring my car in for service I don't get it back until closing time, even when bringing it in at 8 in the morning and it 's a minor repair. I find it very frustrating that even when making an appointment, dropping my car off early that it takes all day to get it back. Also every time I go I am told someone will call me in an hour and no one calls. So after 4 hours of not hearing from anyone I end up calling and am told that it has been looked at yet.
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 05/11/2020

i spoke with the customer and explained the policy we have implemented during this pandemic.  Informed the customer of our diagnostic procedures.

Middleboro, MA
01/10/2020
Fine
Was fine. Just what I expected, no more no less than average. Nothing wrong, nothing special

Subaru Impreza Sedan
01/07/2020
It was recommended that I take my car to a dealership so the problem wasn’t entirely solved. However, advice seemed honest and all involved were very helpful, professional and much appreciated during a stressful time.

PS
PETER S.
Chevrolet Cruze
05/23/2019
Oil Change and Tire Rotation
Service was great and efficient, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed in the cost. We have have brought my daughter's car to NTB several times for an oil change and tire rotation, and it usually costs $60(ish). Paying over $120 for the same service seems crazy. We will probably not be bringing our cars back there for this standard service...not for this price difference.

Thanks!
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 05/24/2019

Hello Peter,

I am sorry for your disappointment in the cost of your recent service. However I do not believe you are comparing like items. We make it a practice to both rotate AND balance the wheels as a package. We have found this limits the issues that can result in a bumpy ride when just performing the tire rotation. This practice has worked well for our customers and we continue to do so as protocol to ensure smooth rides and satisfaction. I hope you can see the value of this service, and will give us another try in the near future; I am mailing a $10 coupon for future use.  Thank you.

Mark

JOHN S.
Dodge Journey
02/09/2019
Job
Good work and good customer service but they are overpriced.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 02/13/2019

First and foremost, we make it a practice to submit an estimate for approval before the work is done. That being said, if the customer did not like the price, why did they have us do the work? Secondly, price can be a very subjective thing, like comparing apples and oranges, there are many grades of parts, including good, better and best. We use the best NAPA auto parts available for several reasons: We warranty our work, 2 years/24,000 miles parts and labor. Brakes are a safety item, therefore for liability concerns we see no reason to skimp with subpar parts. Lastly, we don’t want comebacks if it can be avoided, no one is happy when we have to tie up a vehicle twice. Also, we biannually do a competitive analysis of our direct competitors and we know what everyone else charges, and we are not the least, or the most expensive.  I am pleased that the customer liked our customer service and our competent work, but as I said, price is subjective.