CL
CHERYL L.
Westfield, MA
Nissan Pathfinder
01/08/2020
Mark has the best personality
Cape auto is the best. Mark is so nice .

RD
RICARDO D.
Chevrolet Corvette
09/26/2019
Received calls Immediately from the service department and mail from the owner.
Shortly after having posted my review I received a call from Mark in the Service Department to let me know that there is a second inspection bay in the back of the building. My car was taken there to expedite the inspection as the front inspection bay's computer and the registry connection was not working properly. I was told that the computer connection in the back inspection bay ended up not being any better so they brought the car to the front inspection bay where things started working and the inspection was done. I was invited to return and they would show me the second inspection bay where the car was and that the bay was not visible from where I had followed the car as the inspection bay was in back of the building and not the side of the building where I went to look for the car.
I also got a response from the owner of Cape Auto Repair on the SureCritic site. He was a bit insulted at my implications and I replied to his response and explained the circumstances and asked him what his thoughts would be if he had been in my position.
We agreed that the circumstances and communications on where the car had disappeared to - were not the best, or the proper way to handle the situation with the customer. He invited me to come there again and he would show me the inspection bay.
I'll take him at his word and thus I am Re Scoring the review.
Hopefully they learned to communicate better with the customer and if it happens to me again I will not let it go and complain immediately so I get an explanation and am able to see where the car went and not get aggravated if there is a good explanation.

09/26/2019
HAVEN'T BEEN THIS MAD IN A LONG TIME !
I brought my car in for an inspection [and have many times before] and it goes from where I parked it to the inspection bay and back to a parking spot on the lot.
This time, to my surprise, the person at the inspection bay gets in my car and goes out through the back lot. I saw it and went out there to see where the car was and what was being looked at or checked and IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND - inside the lot or in the back building. About 15 minutes later the car appears through the the same place it went out and then it goes in the inspection bay for its inspection.
JUST BECASUE I OWN A RED CORVETTE DOES NOT MEAN THAT I WANT THE KID [AND EVERYONE to me is a kid - cause I am freaking old] TAKING MY FREAKING CAR ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY OUT ON THE STREET AND GOD KNOWS DOING WHAT WITH IT OR TO IT. THE CAR WAS ALREADY WARMED UP SO I DON'T SEE ANY REASON FOR IT. AND IT SINCE THAT IS WHERE I GET MY CARS AND TRUCK INSPECTED IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.
I also stayed until the next car went in the inspection bay and it went from the parked lot and in the inspection bay. NO FREAKING TEST DRIVE.
I WANT SOME ANSWERS !
I AM DEBATING WHETHER TO EVER COME BACK THERE FOR ANYTHING.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 09/26/2019

Naturally as a business owner, I reviewed this negative post. I take it serriously, and actaully reread this post a few times. As Mark discussed with you on the phone, we have 2 inspection bays. One in the front of our Service Center, and one in the basement around back. We have 2 bays for MA State inspections for the convenience of customers to speed the process, which most appreciate. Most repair facilities only have one bay dedicated for Inspections. This vehicle in question was taken to the rear basement bay for an Inspection. As Mark relayed to you on the phone, there was an issue with the State supplied inspection computer not communicating. We then brought the vehicle to the front bay when it became availble to complete the Inspection. We do not take vehicles on road tests as a component of the inspection process. I can assure you that this vehicle did not leave the premises. We have been in business since 1952, and stand by our honesty & reputation. As evidence, review our SureCritic rating. Thank you.

David Gallerani, President

PB
PAMELA B.
Carver, MA
09/05/2019
Superb service
Cape Auto Repair delivers great service. There're always prompt and courteous.

Subaru Legacy
08/15/2019
Issues
Told me problems with my car (that were fixable for free in 2 minutes) would take 100$ to look at let alone fix. Of everything they told me only one was a real problem. Nice people inside great owner not a fan of what happened with the mechanics.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 08/16/2019

We are governed by the state of Massachusetts Department of Motor Vehicles guidelines for Inspections on safety related items. This particular vehicle failed due to an emergency brake malfunction, a faulty tie rod & defective mirror. The estimate furnished to the client was accurate. Failed Inspections naturally make people unhappy, and the result can be a low review. Written estimates are submitted to customers for approval before any work is begun. Most customers seem to appreciate this process. We stand behind our work, and have done so since 1952.

06/03/2019
Mixed review
I went to Cape Auto for an inspection. The facility is nice and customer service was good dropping it off. Since there were customers in line ahead of me I left my car there and asked them to call when it was done. I never received a call and ended up going back on my own to find that it was done. The girl at the desk began processing payment and I read on the paperwork that my inspection failed (because of a faded license plate). I have never received a rejection sticker so I had to ask about how long I had to come back, payment, etc. Not the biggest deal but since I went there for that service, it would have been nice for someone to tell me that it failed and what the process was. Instead the girl at the desk just asked for payment.

03/14/2019
Wait time was double what I was told when arrived.
Was told it would be 45 minutes for an inspection sticker, and it took 1 hour 30 minutes. My car wasn’t taken in for the inspection until I asked about it, after already waiting for an hour. Never offered a water or anything while waiting. One positive, employees in waiting area were friendly.

CR
CATHY R.
02/28/2019
Trumped up prices
Wanted to charge my daughter 82.00 for I one inch round reflector. Ridiculous, I’ll never go back again. Went there for years but this is wrong.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 03/04/2019

We must adhere to the state of Massachusetts Department of Motor Vehicles guidelines for Inspections on safety related items. This particular vehicle involves excess labor to access lens replacement in question due to vehicle design. The Registry views a cracked lens as a safety issue and therefore cause for inspection failure. The estimate furnished to the client was accurate. Unfortunately, when people fail inspection, they can tend to leave a low review. We stand by our quote, our work, and have done so for over 67 years.

JOHN S.
Dodge Journey
02/09/2019
Job
Good work and good customer service but they are overpriced.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 02/13/2019

First and foremost, we make it a practice to submit an estimate for approval before the work is done. That being said, if the customer did not like the price, why did they have us do the work? Secondly, price can be a very subjective thing, like comparing apples and oranges, there are many grades of parts, including good, better and best. We use the best NAPA auto parts available for several reasons: We warranty our work, 2 years/24,000 miles parts and labor. Brakes are a safety item, therefore for liability concerns we see no reason to skimp with subpar parts. Lastly, we don’t want comebacks if it can be avoided, no one is happy when we have to tie up a vehicle twice. Also, we biannually do a competitive analysis of our direct competitors and we know what everyone else charges, and we are not the least, or the most expensive.  I am pleased that the customer liked our customer service and our competent work, but as I said, price is subjective.

West Yarmouth, MA
01/15/2019
Pushing unnecessary sale for registration sticker
First time going to this place and it's for sure is my last. Figured I'd stop in for a quick registration sticker and they ended up giving me a rejection because of a "chip" on one of my rims and a "tie rod" that needed replacing. I was quickly skeptical due to the fact that I just so happend to recently have replaced my tie rod so instantly I felt played. Instantly offered me an estimate for the work to be done, of course I declined and went elsewhere. All in all just felt taken advantage of.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 01/21/2019

Cape Auto always strives to give high quality service, We in no way ever sell services not needed. That being said, if you look at the majority of our reviews, you will see we get glowing testimonials, especially for stickers from most customers. We have been in business for over 60 years, that doesn't happen by selling unneeded services. We are bound by the state to do the sticker properly and follow the Mass. Registry's guidelines for failure. Sometimes, when a person's vehicle fails, they can take it out on us.

JEFFERY W.
11/21/2018
Great People!!
Mark and Herb were terrific to deal with!..Cape Auto went the extra mile to repair my car.
They treated me like family and
displayed true honesty and integrity ..I'll trust Cape Auto with my car anytime!!...Loyalty is very important to me and they have definitely earned mine!!....,THANKS GUYS
JEFF W.

PP
PAUL P.
02/18/2020
Great service, friendly staff, clean office
Great service, friendly staff

BD
BRIE D.
Nissan Rogue
02/18/2020
Always a great experience!
I’ve been going to Cape Auto for years now, I won’t go anywhere else! I love the people. My favorite is that I get reminder emails of when I should bring my car in for an oil change or inspection, life can get so busy so that is always HUGE for me!

TIM B.
Nissan Frontier
02/17/2020
Excellent customer service!
I can’t say enough about the staff at Cape Auto. They are always friendly and helpful. I appreciate their great customer service!

KRISTEN B.
E Bridgewtr, MA
02/15/2020
Reliable
I have been going to Cape Auto for several years. I know I can trust them for For all my automotive needs. The customer service is exceptional. You can rely them!

02/14/2020
a cape auto haiku
service is real good
people serving are so kind
thank you for haiku.

no, that was bad. let me try again:

cape auto repair!
is that the name of your shop?
cape auto body?

no, that won't do. I just ended up revealing how unsure about the name of the business I am, which looks especially bad since I'm writing a review.

I got it! Here goes

Cape Auto Repair,
My car drives much better now
thank you for your serv...

that's too many syllables! I give up.