RD
RICARDO D.
Chevrolet Corvette
09/26/2019
Received calls Immediately from the service department and mail from the owner.
Shortly after having posted my review I received a call from Mark in the Service Department to let me know that there is a second inspection bay in the back of the building. My car was taken there to expedite the inspection as the front inspection bay's computer and the registry connection was not working properly. I was told that the computer connection in the back inspection bay ended up not being any better so they brought the car to the front inspection bay where things started working and the inspection was done. I was invited to return and they would show me the second inspection bay where the car was and that the bay was not visible from where I had followed the car as the inspection bay was in back of the building and not the side of the building where I went to look for the car.
I also got a response from the owner of Cape Auto Repair on the SureCritic site. He was a bit insulted at my implications and I replied to his response and explained the circumstances and asked him what his thoughts would be if he had been in my position.
We agreed that the circumstances and communications on where the car had disappeared to - were not the best, or the proper way to handle the situation with the customer. He invited me to come there again and he would show me the inspection bay.
I'll take him at his word and thus I am Re Scoring the review.
Hopefully they learned to communicate better with the customer and if it happens to me again I will not let it go and complain immediately so I get an explanation and am able to see where the car went and not get aggravated if there is a good explanation.

09/26/2019
HAVEN'T BEEN THIS MAD IN A LONG TIME !
I brought my car in for an inspection [and have many times before] and it goes from where I parked it to the inspection bay and back to a parking spot on the lot.
This time, to my surprise, the person at the inspection bay gets in my car and goes out through the back lot. I saw it and went out there to see where the car was and what was being looked at or checked and IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND - inside the lot or in the back building. About 15 minutes later the car appears through the the same place it went out and then it goes in the inspection bay for its inspection.
JUST BECASUE I OWN A RED CORVETTE DOES NOT MEAN THAT I WANT THE KID [AND EVERYONE to me is a kid - cause I am freaking old] TAKING MY FREAKING CAR ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY OUT ON THE STREET AND GOD KNOWS DOING WHAT WITH IT OR TO IT. THE CAR WAS ALREADY WARMED UP SO I DON'T SEE ANY REASON FOR IT. AND IT SINCE THAT IS WHERE I GET MY CARS AND TRUCK INSPECTED IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.
I also stayed until the next car went in the inspection bay and it went from the parked lot and in the inspection bay. NO FREAKING TEST DRIVE.
I WANT SOME ANSWERS !
I AM DEBATING WHETHER TO EVER COME BACK THERE FOR ANYTHING.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 09/26/2019

Naturally as a business owner, I reviewed this negative post. I take it serriously, and actaully reread this post a few times. As Mark discussed with you on the phone, we have 2 inspection bays. One in the front of our Service Center, and one in the basement around back. We have 2 bays for MA State inspections for the convenience of customers to speed the process, which most appreciate. Most repair facilities only have one bay dedicated for Inspections. This vehicle in question was taken to the rear basement bay for an Inspection. As Mark relayed to you on the phone, there was an issue with the State supplied inspection computer not communicating. We then brought the vehicle to the front bay when it became availble to complete the Inspection. We do not take vehicles on road tests as a component of the inspection process. I can assure you that this vehicle did not leave the premises. We have been in business since 1952, and stand by our honesty & reputation. As evidence, review our SureCritic rating. Thank you.

David Gallerani, President

PP
PAUL P.
02/18/2020
Great service, friendly staff, clean office
Great service, friendly staff

BD
BRIE D.
Nissan Rogue
02/18/2020
Always a great experience!
I’ve been going to Cape Auto for years now, I won’t go anywhere else! I love the people. My favorite is that I get reminder emails of when I should bring my car in for an oil change or inspection, life can get so busy so that is always HUGE for me!

TIM B.
Nissan Frontier
02/17/2020
Excellent customer service!
I can’t say enough about the staff at Cape Auto. They are always friendly and helpful. I appreciate their great customer service!

KRISTEN B.
E Bridgewtr, MA
02/15/2020
Reliable
I have been going to Cape Auto for several years. I know I can trust them for For all my automotive needs. The customer service is exceptional. You can rely them!

02/14/2020
a cape auto haiku
service is real good
people serving are so kind
thank you for haiku.

no, that was bad. let me try again:

cape auto repair!
is that the name of your shop?
cape auto body?

no, that won't do. I just ended up revealing how unsure about the name of the business I am, which looks especially bad since I'm writing a review.

I got it! Here goes

Cape Auto Repair,
My car drives much better now
thank you for your serv...

that's too many syllables! I give up.

NA
NICOLE A.
02/14/2020
Quick, friendly and efficient
Very happy with the service and will definitely return.

GB
GERALD B.
Buick Enclave
02/13/2020
Timely service and care in getting the work done correctly.
The work was done excellently and as scheduled.

KEITH M.
Very smooth - pain free
The guys at the desk gave me great customer service and offered advice for the future care of my car too.
Only needed an inspection for sticker renewal- prompt in getting my car in, looked in and out again.
Very professional in all aspects. Will definitely be back!

CATHERINE C.
Inspection Sticker Visit
Great visit, friendly and quick!

PC
PATRICK C.
GMC Yukon
02/13/2020
great service and easy to work with them
easy to work with

EP
ED P.
02/13/2020
I can trust your people They keep me safe
When it comes to breaks they don’t just replace parts They check to see that the whole system works and if not Why not And that gets corrected also

DOUGLAS L.
02/12/2020
Fabulous! Friendly! And detail oriented!!
Cape Auto exceeds expectations every time my van with 312,000 miles on it comes for a visit. Mark and Herb anticipate your needs and make each visit terrific!

Five stars ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PC
PRIYA C.
Jeep Compass
Always a great experience
Fantastic customer service! I was in today for an inspection sticker and it was taken care of within a hour. Cape Auto is always reliable and trustworthy.

MO
MIKE O.
Lexus ES 330
Honest and efficient
Great people and top notch equipment