DAVID G.
Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
03/04/2021
Vehicle inspection
Brought my truck in for an inspection and received excellent service. Very helpful and friendly staff with quick service!

03/02/2021
Brought in truck for an inspection sticker. Thorough inspection and quick turnaround.
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 03/04/2021

Hi Dave,

We monitor Cape Auto's SureCritic Reviews for them. Saw your 1 star review from March 2, but text read like a 5 star review. Hoping just a typo, but if not please tell us how we can improve.

If a typo, could you kindly go back to that review & rescore please? Much appreciated! We take our ratings very seriously! Thank you.

Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 03/04/2021

Hi Dave,

RD
RICARDO D.
Chevrolet Corvette
10/01/2019
Received calls Immediately from the service department and mail from the owner.
Shortly after having posted my review I received a call from Mark in the Service Department to let me know that there is a second inspection bay in the back of the building. My car was taken there to expedite the inspection as the front inspection bay's computer and the registry connection was not working properly. I was told that the computer connection in the back inspection bay ended up not being any better so they brought the car to the front inspection bay where things started working and the inspection was done. I was invited to return and they would show me the second inspection bay where the car was and that the bay was not visible from where I had followed the car as the inspection bay was in back of the building and not the side of the building where I went to look for the car.
I also got a response from the owner of Cape Auto Repair on the SureCritic site. He was a bit insulted at my implications and I replied to his response and explained the circumstances and asked him what his thoughts would be if he had been in my position.
We agreed that the circumstances and communications on where the car had disappeared to - were not the best, or the proper way to handle the situation with the customer. He invited me to come there again and he would show me the inspection bay.
I'll take him at his word and thus I am Re Scoring the review.
Hopefully they learned to communicate better with the customer and if it happens to me again I will not let it go and complain immediately so I get an explanation and am able to see where the car went and not get aggravated if there is a good explanation.

09/26/2019
HAVEN'T BEEN THIS MAD IN A LONG TIME !
I brought my car in for an inspection [and have many times before] and it goes from where I parked it to the inspection bay and back to a parking spot on the lot.
This time, to my surprise, the person at the inspection bay gets in my car and goes out through the back lot. I saw it and went out there to see where the car was and what was being looked at or checked and IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND - inside the lot or in the back building. About 15 minutes later the car appears through the the same place it went out and then it goes in the inspection bay for its inspection.
JUST BECASUE I OWN A RED CORVETTE DOES NOT MEAN THAT I WANT THE KID [AND EVERYONE to me is a kid - cause I am freaking old] TAKING MY FREAKING CAR ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY OUT ON THE STREET AND GOD KNOWS DOING WHAT WITH IT OR TO IT. THE CAR WAS ALREADY WARMED UP SO I DON'T SEE ANY REASON FOR IT. AND IT SINCE THAT IS WHERE I GET MY CARS AND TRUCK INSPECTED IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.
I also stayed until the next car went in the inspection bay and it went from the parked lot and in the inspection bay. NO FREAKING TEST DRIVE.
I WANT SOME ANSWERS !
I AM DEBATING WHETHER TO EVER COME BACK THERE FOR ANYTHING.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 09/26/2019

Naturally as a business owner, I reviewed this negative post. I take it serriously, and actaully reread this post a few times. As Mark discussed with you on the phone, we have 2 inspection bays. One in the front of our Service Center, and one in the basement around back. We have 2 bays for MA State inspections for the convenience of customers to speed the process, which most appreciate. Most repair facilities only have one bay dedicated for Inspections. This vehicle in question was taken to the rear basement bay for an Inspection. As Mark relayed to you on the phone, there was an issue with the State supplied inspection computer not communicating. We then brought the vehicle to the front bay when it became availble to complete the Inspection. We do not take vehicles on road tests as a component of the inspection process. I can assure you that this vehicle did not leave the premises. We have been in business since 1952, and stand by our honesty & reputation. As evidence, review our SureCritic rating. Thank you.

David Gallerani, President

JENNIFER S.
08/01/2021
Great
Unexpected car issues and handled as quickly as possible.

07/31/2021
Great service! Thank you

07/31/2021
Friendly service
Friendly, professional and quick service

DEREK M.
Honda Accord Coupe
07/30/2021
Quality Service
I got my inspection sticker and the service was completed in a timely manner.

Thank you!

JASON G.
Quincy, MA
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
Top tier great service
Quick and efficient service. Absolutely going back to get everything checked when the time comes

LD
LAURA D.
Honda Fit
Great service, clear communication
Cape Auto Repair is professional, reliable, and trustworthy. I was struck by how many customers knew the staff personally and had clearly been coming here for many years. It made me feel more comfortable working with them. They helped me figure out a good time to come so I could wait, and their estimates, both time and cost, were accurate.

CARL M.
Nissan Rogue
Professional, trustworthy, friendly.
Cape Auto Repair is very professional, trustworthy, and friendly. I always feel like they have my best interest at heart. They may be a little more expensive than others but it is clearly worth it.

SHAWN C.
07/28/2021
Always takes care of their customers!
I have been a customer of Cape Auto for years, and they have always taken such good care of us and our vehicles. They live up to their slogan and so much more!

KF
KELLY F.
Ford Edge
My experience
My break issue on my vehicle was resolved/fixed in a couple short days. Efficient and very friendly. I was very happy with the service and price

JOY H.
07/28/2021
Once again, feeling chill!!
I dropped my car off for an AC recharge and the next thing I knew my car was ready! Now I have cabin comfort which is critical during the hot summer months! You can expect super service at a reasonable cost at Cape Auto.

PS
PATTY S.
Buick Encore
07/27/2021
Honest competent customer service
Brought in to evaluate engine light, found service bulletin that indicated I should get service at dealer

GH
GEORGE H.
BMW M5
07/26/2021
Trust
By the book, no shenanigans, to the point and friendly. Except for Mark. He’s always so grumpy 🎩🤓 ❤️