RD
RICARDO D.
Chevrolet Corvette
09/26/2019
Received calls Immediately from the service department and mail from the owner.
Shortly after having posted my review I received a call from Mark in the Service Department to let me know that there is a second inspection bay in the back of the building. My car was taken there to expedite the inspection as the front inspection bay's computer and the registry connection was not working properly. I was told that the computer connection in the back inspection bay ended up not being any better so they brought the car to the front inspection bay where things started working and the inspection was done. I was invited to return and they would show me the second inspection bay where the car was and that the bay was not visible from where I had followed the car as the inspection bay was in back of the building and not the side of the building where I went to look for the car.
I also got a response from the owner of Cape Auto Repair on the SureCritic site. He was a bit insulted at my implications and I replied to his response and explained the circumstances and asked him what his thoughts would be if he had been in my position.
We agreed that the circumstances and communications on where the car had disappeared to - were not the best, or the proper way to handle the situation with the customer. He invited me to come there again and he would show me the inspection bay.
I'll take him at his word and thus I am Re Scoring the review.
Hopefully they learned to communicate better with the customer and if it happens to me again I will not let it go and complain immediately so I get an explanation and am able to see where the car went and not get aggravated if there is a good explanation.

09/26/2019
HAVEN'T BEEN THIS MAD IN A LONG TIME !
I brought my car in for an inspection [and have many times before] and it goes from where I parked it to the inspection bay and back to a parking spot on the lot.
This time, to my surprise, the person at the inspection bay gets in my car and goes out through the back lot. I saw it and went out there to see where the car was and what was being looked at or checked and IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND - inside the lot or in the back building. About 15 minutes later the car appears through the the same place it went out and then it goes in the inspection bay for its inspection.
JUST BECASUE I OWN A RED CORVETTE DOES NOT MEAN THAT I WANT THE KID [AND EVERYONE to me is a kid - cause I am freaking old] TAKING MY FREAKING CAR ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY OUT ON THE STREET AND GOD KNOWS DOING WHAT WITH IT OR TO IT. THE CAR WAS ALREADY WARMED UP SO I DON'T SEE ANY REASON FOR IT. AND IT SINCE THAT IS WHERE I GET MY CARS AND TRUCK INSPECTED IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.
I also stayed until the next car went in the inspection bay and it went from the parked lot and in the inspection bay. NO FREAKING TEST DRIVE.
I WANT SOME ANSWERS !
I AM DEBATING WHETHER TO EVER COME BACK THERE FOR ANYTHING.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 09/26/2019

Naturally as a business owner, I reviewed this negative post. I take it serriously, and actaully reread this post a few times. As Mark discussed with you on the phone, we have 2 inspection bays. One in the front of our Service Center, and one in the basement around back. We have 2 bays for MA State inspections for the convenience of customers to speed the process, which most appreciate. Most repair facilities only have one bay dedicated for Inspections. This vehicle in question was taken to the rear basement bay for an Inspection. As Mark relayed to you on the phone, there was an issue with the State supplied inspection computer not communicating. We then brought the vehicle to the front bay when it became availble to complete the Inspection. We do not take vehicles on road tests as a component of the inspection process. I can assure you that this vehicle did not leave the premises. We have been in business since 1952, and stand by our honesty & reputation. As evidence, review our SureCritic rating. Thank you.

David Gallerani, President

12/01/2020
Great people and service
Very accommodating

MARIO C.
Toyota Tacoma 2WD
12/01/2020
Prompt and friendly
People were friendly and informative. Service was completed in a timely manner.

Volkswagen Passat
11/30/2020
Friendly service ... one offer not applicable
Personnel were friendly and helpful.
I was disappointed that the ‘buy one get one free wiper’ special was not available for my vehicle.

PM
PAUL M.
11/30/2020
Just the best
I had a 10:00 am inspection sticker. They were out to get my truck within 5 minutes. The inspection took about 20 minutes
Nice job

DALMA M.
11/25/2020
The staff member Mark is very professional and knowledgeable. I have much respect for way how he conducts business. I was referred by one of my friends. I’ll definitely be a regular at Cape Auto. Thanks for your assistance. Happy customer.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

EC
ELLEN C.
11/25/2020
picking up the car was a great help to me
i was impressed with everyone i spoke to all very pleasant this is a place you can trust to treat you fairly

EB

PD
PETE D.
Acura 3.2TL
11/24/2020
Excellent service, as usual.
Thanks for the great service!! I really appreciated the e-mail dialog with Herb before my appointment. It helped me solve one of the issues and saved me some $$. I feel like I have a parter in maintaining my 4 vehicles and that trust is a rare commodity these days.

BE
BOB E.
Kingston, MA
11/24/2020
Great work as always
Cape auto has always been great about getting in and out as quickly as you can. The front desk people are always helpful

Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
11/22/2020
recent auto work
i need my vehicle for work and every time i bring it in for service, it is ready when they say and usually in a very short time. Even in this time of chaos they keep their word. Thanks and great doing business with you!

JANET M.
Ford Flex
11/20/2020
Convenient and reliable
I have been using Cape Auto for two years now and have never had a single instance where I have been dissatisfied with there services. Courteous, quick, and comprehensive in every way; I am totally happy with them.

LJ
LAUREN J.
Carver, MA
Kia Sorento
11/20/2020
Convenient and thorough
I was able to make an appointment online and service was safe, contactless, but thorough. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.

PB
PATRICIA B.
Hyundai SONATA
11/19/2020
Fast & fabulous customer service
Really excellent customer service. Very knowledgeable & friendly staff. Reasonable prices.

JOHN P.
Ford Edge
11/19/2020
Can count on professional service
I had front end work done. It was done right and for less than the original quote! Very pleased with their work.