RD
RICARDO D.
Chevrolet Corvette
09/26/2019
Received calls Immediately from the service department and mail from the owner.
Shortly after having posted my review I received a call from Mark in the Service Department to let me know that there is a second inspection bay in the back of the building. My car was taken there to expedite the inspection as the front inspection bay's computer and the registry connection was not working properly. I was told that the computer connection in the back inspection bay ended up not being any better so they brought the car to the front inspection bay where things started working and the inspection was done. I was invited to return and they would show me the second inspection bay where the car was and that the bay was not visible from where I had followed the car as the inspection bay was in back of the building and not the side of the building where I went to look for the car.
I also got a response from the owner of Cape Auto Repair on the SureCritic site. He was a bit insulted at my implications and I replied to his response and explained the circumstances and asked him what his thoughts would be if he had been in my position.
We agreed that the circumstances and communications on where the car had disappeared to - were not the best, or the proper way to handle the situation with the customer. He invited me to come there again and he would show me the inspection bay.
I'll take him at his word and thus I am Re Scoring the review.
Hopefully they learned to communicate better with the customer and if it happens to me again I will not let it go and complain immediately so I get an explanation and am able to see where the car went and not get aggravated if there is a good explanation.

09/26/2019
HAVEN'T BEEN THIS MAD IN A LONG TIME !
I brought my car in for an inspection [and have many times before] and it goes from where I parked it to the inspection bay and back to a parking spot on the lot.
This time, to my surprise, the person at the inspection bay gets in my car and goes out through the back lot. I saw it and went out there to see where the car was and what was being looked at or checked and IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND - inside the lot or in the back building. About 15 minutes later the car appears through the the same place it went out and then it goes in the inspection bay for its inspection.
JUST BECASUE I OWN A RED CORVETTE DOES NOT MEAN THAT I WANT THE KID [AND EVERYONE to me is a kid - cause I am freaking old] TAKING MY FREAKING CAR ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY OUT ON THE STREET AND GOD KNOWS DOING WHAT WITH IT OR TO IT. THE CAR WAS ALREADY WARMED UP SO I DON'T SEE ANY REASON FOR IT. AND IT SINCE THAT IS WHERE I GET MY CARS AND TRUCK INSPECTED IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.
I also stayed until the next car went in the inspection bay and it went from the parked lot and in the inspection bay. NO FREAKING TEST DRIVE.
I WANT SOME ANSWERS !
I AM DEBATING WHETHER TO EVER COME BACK THERE FOR ANYTHING.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 09/26/2019

Naturally as a business owner, I reviewed this negative post. I take it serriously, and actaully reread this post a few times. As Mark discussed with you on the phone, we have 2 inspection bays. One in the front of our Service Center, and one in the basement around back. We have 2 bays for MA State inspections for the convenience of customers to speed the process, which most appreciate. Most repair facilities only have one bay dedicated for Inspections. This vehicle in question was taken to the rear basement bay for an Inspection. As Mark relayed to you on the phone, there was an issue with the State supplied inspection computer not communicating. We then brought the vehicle to the front bay when it became availble to complete the Inspection. We do not take vehicles on road tests as a component of the inspection process. I can assure you that this vehicle did not leave the premises. We have been in business since 1952, and stand by our honesty & reputation. As evidence, review our SureCritic rating. Thank you.

David Gallerani, President

03/14/2019
Wait time was double what I was told when arrived.
Was told it would be 45 minutes for an inspection sticker, and it took 1 hour 30 minutes. My car wasn’t taken in for the inspection until I asked about it, after already waiting for an hour. Never offered a water or anything while waiting. One positive, employees in waiting area were friendly.

CR
CATHY R.
02/28/2019
Trumped up prices
Wanted to charge my daughter 82.00 for I one inch round reflector. Ridiculous, I’ll never go back again. Went there for years but this is wrong.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 03/04/2019

We must adhere to the state of Massachusetts Department of Motor Vehicles guidelines for Inspections on safety related items. This particular vehicle involves excess labor to access lens replacement in question due to vehicle design. The Registry views a cracked lens as a safety issue and therefore cause for inspection failure. The estimate furnished to the client was accurate. Unfortunately, when people fail inspection, they can tend to leave a low review. We stand by our quote, our work, and have done so for over 67 years.

West Yarmouth, MA
01/15/2019
Pushing unnecessary sale for registration sticker
First time going to this place and it's for sure is my last. Figured I'd stop in for a quick registration sticker and they ended up giving me a rejection because of a "chip" on one of my rims and a "tie rod" that needed replacing. I was quickly skeptical due to the fact that I just so happend to recently have replaced my tie rod so instantly I felt played. Instantly offered me an estimate for the work to be done, of course I declined and went elsewhere. All in all just felt taken advantage of.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 01/21/2019

Cape Auto always strives to give high quality service, We in no way ever sell services not needed. That being said, if you look at the majority of our reviews, you will see we get glowing testimonials, especially for stickers from most customers. We have been in business for over 60 years, that doesn't happen by selling unneeded services. We are bound by the state to do the sticker properly and follow the Mass. Registry's guidelines for failure. Sometimes, when a person's vehicle fails, they can take it out on us.

North Dartmouth, MA
Acura TL
08/07/2020
Just the facts.
655.00 for a new alternator and belt. Got the call that the car was ready, I live an hour away. Drove up and car was not ready lol. Gave me loaner car, cool..however had empty vodka nips in the center console. No shit lmfao.
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 08/10/2020

Cape Auto does its best every day to satisfy our customers. That being said,  nothing is 100% perfect. We did the job, and roadtested it, however when we brought the car up to the customer, we realized that it was not ready to leave and we needed to make some adjustment, definitely our fault. The only thing we could do was get the customer into substitute transportation and make sure it would be done correctly. I have to say, that in my 40 years here, I’ve never run across nips left in one of our loaner cars, and I’m horrified that one of my customers would do that. Live and learn, so I guess we now need to look in the console for left behinds? Sad commentary. We are sorry for the inconvienience.

David Gallerani

RI
ROBIN,LARRY I.
03/19/2020
Review of review
We've been taking our vehicles to cape auto since we moved to plymouth 7 years ago. About 4 months ago I went to cape auto to have some work done on my truck and after the work was completed I did a review about my experience at cape auto. I was very happy as usual. Then I received a coupon in the mail from cape auto for 25.00 off my " next visit" there is no other disclaimers on the coupon or expiration date. Well today I went to use the 25.00 off coupon on my inspection. When I showed the service adviser he told me I couldn't use it on inspections.. Ummm? No restrictions are written on the coupon.. I couldn't help coming away from there felling douped. I gave such a glowing review the last time I was there and felt like I was being rewarded for my loyalty. The service guy made me feel like I was trying to scam him.. Again the coupon was mailed to me for a previous review as a gift. And it says "PRESENT THIS CARD AND RECEIVE $25.00 OFF YOUR NEXT VISIT (NEXT VISIT)TO OUR SERVICE CENTER". PERIOD .. If you weren't going to honor this card then you shouldn't have sent it. Or at least printed the restrictions on the card and then no mistakes or assumptions would have be made. Again the service advisor made me feel like I was scamming them..

Subaru Legacy
08/15/2019
Issues
Told me problems with my car (that were fixable for free in 2 minutes) would take 100$ to look at let alone fix. Of everything they told me only one was a real problem. Nice people inside great owner not a fan of what happened with the mechanics.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 08/16/2019

We are governed by the state of Massachusetts Department of Motor Vehicles guidelines for Inspections on safety related items. This particular vehicle failed due to an emergency brake malfunction, a faulty tie rod & defective mirror. The estimate furnished to the client was accurate. Failed Inspections naturally make people unhappy, and the result can be a low review. Written estimates are submitted to customers for approval before any work is begun. Most customers seem to appreciate this process. We stand behind our work, and have done so since 1952.

06/03/2019
Mixed review
I went to Cape Auto for an inspection. The facility is nice and customer service was good dropping it off. Since there were customers in line ahead of me I left my car there and asked them to call when it was done. I never received a call and ended up going back on my own to find that it was done. The girl at the desk began processing payment and I read on the paperwork that my inspection failed (because of a faded license plate). I have never received a rejection sticker so I had to ask about how long I had to come back, payment, etc. Not the biggest deal but since I went there for that service, it would have been nice for someone to tell me that it failed and what the process was. Instead the girl at the desk just asked for payment.

RD
RICK D.
Ram 1500 Classic
11/07/2020
Customer service is awesome!!!
New to area. Have had my wife's Subaru in for excellent service on several occasions. Brought my truck in for inspection sticker after having transferred registration from Maine. I asked for and was told that the tire pressures would be checked. When I closed out and paid, I was told that the pressures had been checked. The next day (it did not get colder outside), truck computer told me that all tire pressures were low. I brought my truck to the dealer and they inflated all four tires to the proper pressure.
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 11/11/2020

Hi Rick,

I did some research on the reasons for your 3 star review from the end of last week. The tire pressure was checked and deemed OK during your visit. That said, situations arise which can alter pressures, sometimes inexplicably. My first thought would be a slow leak, but that would be one tire vs. all 4. All I can say is we can check your system thoroughly on your next visit to ensure this does not happen again. We appreciate your positive customer service comment, thank you! We look forward to seeing you again, and apologize for the inconvenience of a trip to the dealer.

Mark Mackinnon 508.746.0330
MARK@CAPEAUTOREPAIRS.COM

WM
WILLIAM M.
10/09/2020
Had a problem with the suspension on my son’s car. Cape Auto took care of the problem and car is back to new. I’m very happy with their work . Thank you.
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 10/13/2020

Dear William,

Looking at your review posted 10/09/2020 on SureCritic regarding your recent experience here with your son's vehicle, it appears you were quite happy. Is there anything I should know about to improve your experience?

A review of 3 out of 5 stars is considered low for us, and I would want to attempt to rectify any misgivings you may have. We take the review process very seriously and would like to protect our current 4.94 out of 5 star rating, if not improve upon it. If this was an error, can we respectfully request a rescore? Please & thank you.

3 out of 5 stars -- Would Recommend? Yes
Business ID: 1002501 -- Order #: 187903

VL
VIRGINIA L.
Toyota Prius Prime
08/27/2020
Wrong Customer
Got appoint mentioned for 1pm Wednesday for oil change and inspection. Dropped car off at 10:30 on Wednesday. Service not complete until 4:30 pm. I provided a contact phone number when appt. made. Your system only had my wifes' info. We had this issue before. Virginia. I am R.Jay. This survey also sent to my wife via text...not me...very frustrating. Do you have this problem with multiple vehicle households?
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 08/27/2020

We apologize for the delay in returning your vehicle. Due to COVID-19 & the new “normal” both turnaround times and staffing have become more of a challenge these days. We attempt to accommodate all customers with the quickest service we can offer. Wednesday ended up being very busy. Thank you for alerting us to the database telephone preference. We have updated your information so your cell is now primary contact for text updates (your wife’s was listed first on account). Most families prefer to have one account. We can also discuss two separate accounts if that would be more convenient for you. Thank you, we take our review process very seriously, and hope you may consider a rescore. Your feedback as always is appreciated.

KD
KATHERINE D.
08/23/2020
Staff is very nice
Staff was very nice. Was there for 4 new tires, front end alignment and inspection. Mid day got a call indicating my tire sensor light was broken would I like it fixed? I said yes, fee was $80. Tire sensor is not fixed and remains on all the time. Not satisfied with this . Thank you.

JENNIFER T.
08/11/2020
Appointment not taken on time
I had a 9am appointment and was there prior. The inside rep did come out right away for my keys and registration.
Because I was waiting I was able to see that a tech did not take my car into the shop until 9:22.
I get that sometimes things are delayed but this seemed a bit ridiculous when I was required to have an appointment set up

06/25/2020
Ok
Since I got there very early, it was fast. And no contact. But not everyone who was in our car wore masks, so despite them wiping parts of the interior, we still have to disinfect the interior in case someone breathed some virus particles. This is important because my wife and I are in the high risk group.
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 06/30/2020

Dear Terrence,

I noticed you left a 3 Star review on SureCritic late last week. I was off so am not responding until now, sorry. We attempt to take the utmost precautions with all our customer experiences in the new normal caused by COVID-19 concerns. Contactless repair options with curbside drop & pick up, or secure key drop. All of our staff is trained on protocol regarding their health symptoms regarding attending work, staying home and testing if necessary. They are provided PPE Masks & Gloves. They practice social distancing. They are trained to disinfect themselves, all vehicle touch points and utilize plastic protectants for vehicles. This is a new normal for all of us. If you experienced a glitch in our system, I sincerely apologize.

We are striving to adapt, and keep our team & all of our customers safe as best we can. I hope you & your wife stay safe.

Sincerly Mark

Carver, MA
Kia Optima
05/07/2020
Slow service
I like the folks at Cape Auto and everyone was taking the covid 19 virus seriously. My only complaint is that every time that I bring my car in for service I don't get it back until closing time, even when bringing it in at 8 in the morning and it 's a minor repair. I find it very frustrating that even when making an appointment, dropping my car off early that it takes all day to get it back. Also every time I go I am told someone will call me in an hour and no one calls. So after 4 hours of not hearing from anyone I end up calling and am told that it has been looked at yet.
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 05/11/2020

i spoke with the customer and explained the policy we have implemented during this pandemic.  Informed the customer of our diagnostic procedures.