Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

RD
RICARDO D.
Chevrolet Corvette
09/26/2019
Received calls Immediately from the service department and mail from the owner.
Shortly after having posted my review I received a call from Mark in the Service Department to let me know that there is a second inspection bay in the back of the building. My car was taken there to expedite the inspection as the front inspection bay's computer and the registry connection was not working properly. I was told that the computer connection in the back inspection bay ended up not being any better so they brought the car to the front inspection bay where things started working and the inspection was done. I was invited to return and they would show me the second inspection bay where the car was and that the bay was not visible from where I had followed the car as the inspection bay was in back of the building and not the side of the building where I went to look for the car.
I also got a response from the owner of Cape Auto Repair on the SureCritic site. He was a bit insulted at my implications and I replied to his response and explained the circumstances and asked him what his thoughts would be if he had been in my position.
We agreed that the circumstances and communications on where the car had disappeared to - were not the best, or the proper way to handle the situation with the customer. He invited me to come there again and he would show me the inspection bay.
I'll take him at his word and thus I am Re Scoring the review.
Hopefully they learned to communicate better with the customer and if it happens to me again I will not let it go and complain immediately so I get an explanation and am able to see where the car went and not get aggravated if there is a good explanation.

09/26/2019
HAVEN'T BEEN THIS MAD IN A LONG TIME !
I brought my car in for an inspection [and have many times before] and it goes from where I parked it to the inspection bay and back to a parking spot on the lot.
This time, to my surprise, the person at the inspection bay gets in my car and goes out through the back lot. I saw it and went out there to see where the car was and what was being looked at or checked and IT WAS NO WHERE TO BE FOUND - inside the lot or in the back building. About 15 minutes later the car appears through the the same place it went out and then it goes in the inspection bay for its inspection.
JUST BECASUE I OWN A RED CORVETTE DOES NOT MEAN THAT I WANT THE KID [AND EVERYONE to me is a kid - cause I am freaking old] TAKING MY FREAKING CAR ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY OUT ON THE STREET AND GOD KNOWS DOING WHAT WITH IT OR TO IT. THE CAR WAS ALREADY WARMED UP SO I DON'T SEE ANY REASON FOR IT. AND IT SINCE THAT IS WHERE I GET MY CARS AND TRUCK INSPECTED IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.
I also stayed until the next car went in the inspection bay and it went from the parked lot and in the inspection bay. NO FREAKING TEST DRIVE.
I WANT SOME ANSWERS !
I AM DEBATING WHETHER TO EVER COME BACK THERE FOR ANYTHING.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 09/26/2019

Naturally as a business owner, I reviewed this negative post. I take it serriously, and actaully reread this post a few times. As Mark discussed with you on the phone, we have 2 inspection bays. One in the front of our Service Center, and one in the basement around back. We have 2 bays for MA State inspections for the convenience of customers to speed the process, which most appreciate. Most repair facilities only have one bay dedicated for Inspections. This vehicle in question was taken to the rear basement bay for an Inspection. As Mark relayed to you on the phone, there was an issue with the State supplied inspection computer not communicating. We then brought the vehicle to the front bay when it became availble to complete the Inspection. We do not take vehicles on road tests as a component of the inspection process. I can assure you that this vehicle did not leave the premises. We have been in business since 1952, and stand by our honesty & reputation. As evidence, review our SureCritic rating. Thank you.

David Gallerani, President

03/14/2019
Wait time was double what I was told when arrived.
Was told it would be 45 minutes for an inspection sticker, and it took 1 hour 30 minutes. My car wasn’t taken in for the inspection until I asked about it, after already waiting for an hour. Never offered a water or anything while waiting. One positive, employees in waiting area were friendly.

CR
CATHY R.
02/28/2019
Trumped up prices
Wanted to charge my daughter 82.00 for I one inch round reflector. Ridiculous, I’ll never go back again. Went there for years but this is wrong.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 03/04/2019

We must adhere to the state of Massachusetts Department of Motor Vehicles guidelines for Inspections on safety related items. This particular vehicle involves excess labor to access lens replacement in question due to vehicle design. The Registry views a cracked lens as a safety issue and therefore cause for inspection failure. The estimate furnished to the client was accurate. Unfortunately, when people fail inspection, they can tend to leave a low review. We stand by our quote, our work, and have done so for over 67 years.

West Yarmouth, MA
01/15/2019
Pushing unnecessary sale for registration sticker
First time going to this place and it's for sure is my last. Figured I'd stop in for a quick registration sticker and they ended up giving me a rejection because of a "chip" on one of my rims and a "tie rod" that needed replacing. I was quickly skeptical due to the fact that I just so happend to recently have replaced my tie rod so instantly I felt played. Instantly offered me an estimate for the work to be done, of course I declined and went elsewhere. All in all just felt taken advantage of.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 01/21/2019

Cape Auto always strives to give high quality service, We in no way ever sell services not needed. That being said, if you look at the majority of our reviews, you will see we get glowing testimonials, especially for stickers from most customers. We have been in business for over 60 years, that doesn't happen by selling unneeded services. We are bound by the state to do the sticker properly and follow the Mass. Registry's guidelines for failure. Sometimes, when a person's vehicle fails, they can take it out on us.

Subaru Legacy
08/15/2019
Issues
Told me problems with my car (that were fixable for free in 2 minutes) would take 100$ to look at let alone fix. Of everything they told me only one was a real problem. Nice people inside great owner not a fan of what happened with the mechanics.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 08/16/2019

We are governed by the state of Massachusetts Department of Motor Vehicles guidelines for Inspections on safety related items. This particular vehicle failed due to an emergency brake malfunction, a faulty tie rod & defective mirror. The estimate furnished to the client was accurate. Failed Inspections naturally make people unhappy, and the result can be a low review. Written estimates are submitted to customers for approval before any work is begun. Most customers seem to appreciate this process. We stand behind our work, and have done so since 1952.

06/03/2019
Mixed review
I went to Cape Auto for an inspection. The facility is nice and customer service was good dropping it off. Since there were customers in line ahead of me I left my car there and asked them to call when it was done. I never received a call and ended up going back on my own to find that it was done. The girl at the desk began processing payment and I read on the paperwork that my inspection failed (because of a faded license plate). I have never received a rejection sticker so I had to ask about how long I had to come back, payment, etc. Not the biggest deal but since I went there for that service, it would have been nice for someone to tell me that it failed and what the process was. Instead the girl at the desk just asked for payment.

PS
PETER S.
Chevrolet Cruze
05/23/2019
Oil Change and Tire Rotation
Service was great and efficient, but I have to say I was a bit disappointed in the cost. We have have brought my daughter's car to NTB several times for an oil change and tire rotation, and it usually costs $60(ish). Paying over $120 for the same service seems crazy. We will probably not be bringing our cars back there for this standard service...not for this price difference.

Thanks!
Mark M. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 05/24/2019

Hello Peter,

I am sorry for your disappointment in the cost of your recent service. However I do not believe you are comparing like items. We make it a practice to both rotate AND balance the wheels as a package. We have found this limits the issues that can result in a bumpy ride when just performing the tire rotation. This practice has worked well for our customers and we continue to do so as protocol to ensure smooth rides and satisfaction. I hope you can see the value of this service, and will give us another try in the near future; I am mailing a $10 coupon for future use.  Thank you.

Mark

JOHN S.
Dodge Journey
02/09/2019
Job
Good work and good customer service but they are overpriced.
Dave G. from Cape Auto Repair responded on 02/13/2019

First and foremost, we make it a practice to submit an estimate for approval before the work is done. That being said, if the customer did not like the price, why did they have us do the work? Secondly, price can be a very subjective thing, like comparing apples and oranges, there are many grades of parts, including good, better and best. We use the best NAPA auto parts available for several reasons: We warranty our work, 2 years/24,000 miles parts and labor. Brakes are a safety item, therefore for liability concerns we see no reason to skimp with subpar parts. Lastly, we don’t want comebacks if it can be avoided, no one is happy when we have to tie up a vehicle twice. Also, we biannually do a competitive analysis of our direct competitors and we know what everyone else charges, and we are not the least, or the most expensive.  I am pleased that the customer liked our customer service and our competent work, but as I said, price is subjective.

JV
Quick easy service

EM
EDWARD M.
09/19/2019
I go to cape auto for all my scheduled and emergency service and repair thay do great work and very reliable would never go any where else

DANIEL C.
Volkswagen Passat Sedan
08/17/2019
Excellent Service - Problem Solved! CSR Needs Adjustment.
I have been taking my car to Cape Auto for years and have always received stellar service from the Customer Service Rep (CSR) to the Mechanics alike. Communication has always been proactive, timely and friendly. This last visit was no different, except..... The CSR (Jocelyn ?) was unfriendly, uncommunicative and appeared to be bothered that she was in a role which dealt with customers. Her attitude was abrupt and her demeanor was negative. I guess some people are cut out for Customer Service and some are not. I don't think Cape Auto's friendly reputation is being served well by this particular CSR.
Beyond that, I received the same amazing service I have come to expect at Cape Auto!

MF
MAUREEN F.
08/08/2019
Truck AC
I trust the folks at Cape Auto. I miss your receptionist though. The girl who is covering now is very unpleasant and inefficient. She never greets you or smiles. She look like she is angry all of the time. Too bad she didn’t take this job as a learning experience and to hone some life skills.

EM
EDWARD M.
08/03/2019
Very reliable
Love that while work being done on car they have loner car for you which is worth more than anything work is always done completely and with any problems I would suggest this repair shop to friends and family hands down

JN
JESSICA N.
07/30/2019
Clean friendly
It took longer than anticipated but all staff was great and checked in periodically

06/05/2019
inspection sticker
very good, courteous service

Ford Police Interceptor
03/29/2019
Vehicle Service
Cape Auto is thorough, communicates well, and does their job in a professional manner. I’d probably give them 5 stars but I was expected pay for repairs and excellent service.

ROBIN G.
03/19/2019
Good Prices and Thorough Service
Multiple problems were discovered when I brought my car in because the front wheel was making a noise. I was grateful that all of the issues were discovered before things got worse, and I am confident that I can drive safely for some time to come.

During the process, I spoke with Danielle, who carefully told me each item that would be on my bill. I was able to research average prices online, and I found out that ALL of the prices for parts were at the low average end, as was the cost for labor.

Although the repair took a lot longer than I was originally told because a part had to be ordered, I was offered a free loaner car for the entire time if I needed it, and I appreciated that. Everyone was very kind and professional, and I learned that you HAVE to set your emergency brake every day in some makes of cars in order to lubricate your rear brakes.

DAN C.
02/27/2019
2019 SUBRU
THIS WAS INSPECTION FOR 2019 SUBARU WHICH REPLACE 2014 SUBARU. ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH CAPE AUTO

DAN CASH

Kingston, MA
12/05/2018
Always reliable
Always reliable service in a timely manner

CATHERINE H.
Toyota Matrix
11/16/2018
Very Efficient great very nice customer service
A place where you can trust.