GR
GUSTAVO R.
Carlsbad, CA
11/18/2020
Employees could wear face masks
Both employees at the front desk noy wearing masks....

CR
CHRISTIAN R.
Vista, CA
08/29/2019
Too much of a wait time
I went ahead with Chapman automotive because there was a deal from Groupon. When I arrived they were very polite. I don't like that it took over an hour for an oil change. It took by surprise when I was told that there was going to be an extra charge, that I was not aware of. I need to be told before hand if there is going to be an extra charge for anything. I was very upset about sneaky charges. To make matters worse I didn't have my wallet and the service representative was refusing to give me my keys. I had about $13 in change that I paid him and agreed to call him later to pay over the phone. I didn't like my experience with Chapman and would not be returning again.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 08/29/2019

I have a hard time understanding your complaint other than the fact that you stated your boyfriend sent you to get his oil changed with no money.
1.) You signed and were given a copy of the repair order which clearly stated the additional charges above the Groupon Purchase.
[Tax, Extra Oil, Disposal, Haz Fee's are listed in Groupon Ad]

2.) You were given an estimated wait time of 45 min to 1hr, in which you stated we completed the vehicle.
3.) You were not refused your keys, because you needed them to get you Debit Card out of your vehicle, which was parked right out front.

We do our best to give each customer the best possible experience as unanimously expressed by the majority of our customers. I am sorry that your experience wasn't what you expected.

John Chapman

AU
Audrey U.
Tomales, CA
Dodge Spirit
04/25/2017 Category: Service
Audrey said she took her vehicle to the business to have them look at a noise her vehicle was making. Her vehicle is making the same noise now. She ended up taking it in a second time because she still did not know what was going on with her vehicle. She sat for 2 hours waiting for them to tell her what was wrong. She is already out $1,000 from the first few times she took her vehicle in. It went from it being the spark plugs to the axle and they would fix her axle for $500 because it was cracked. She is not satisfied with the service she had received from the business at all. She got ripped off and will never return to the business at all.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 04/26/2017

After numerous attempts to contact this customer I feel it only necessary to explain Chapman's Automotive side of this situation. "When the young lady arrived on 4/3/2017 with her newly aquired 1992 Dodge Spirit with only 38,029 miles on it she mentioned it had been sitting for quite some time. She was complaining of numerous suspension noises so we test drove to confirm the noises and then brought it in to begin our inspection. We found that the front struts were leaking and the rubber spring mounts were dry rotted and cracking apart, the rear shocks were leaking as well and the rear wheel bearings were loose and in need of a wash and re-pack". I showed the young lady our findings and she stated, "Being an avid Sailor and keeping up with boat preventive maintenance I understand the importance of the Shocks and Struts as well as Wheel Bearings and the effect that BAD components can have on other vital parts of the vehicle".
She authorized the repairs and pre-paid due to the fact that they were Special order items. (We Repacked the Loose Wheel-Bearings for Safety Purpose) She returned a few days later and the other suspension components were installed, the vehicle was Aligned, then test driven and all original noises were gone and vehicle was riding very smoothly.
Fast Forward 15 days and 1500 miles later our customer came back to the shop stating that the noises she originally came in with were still there and had not been fixed. Upon inspection we found that the back torsion bar in the rear axle had a cracked weld.
We gave her a couple of options:
1.) Have the axle welded.($300.-$500.)
We needed to dis-assemble to determine whether it could be done in-house or if we needed to sub it out.
2.) Replace the axle assembly. (Need to locate before a $ quote)
She said she would be in touch and we haven't heard anything until this post.
We have a No Smoke and Mirrors Policy and try our best to explain each repair process as thoroughly as possible so the customer is well informed and able to make the best decission.

We would look forward to helping our customer given the opportunity, with respect to repairing her broken rear torsion bar/axle.

Kind Regards,