GR
GUSTAVO R.
Carlsbad, CA
11/18/2020
Employees could wear face masks
Both employees at the front desk noy wearing masks....

FT
FRANK T.
Carlsbad, CA
08/09/2020
Fast friendly service. Easy to schedule maintenance.
Asked for an oil change and tire rotation. However the tires were not roared.

Rachael M.
06/30/2020 Category: Service
Rachael said she went to this business for an oil change and to get her tires rotated , during the oil change the fluids were supposed to be topped off. She also wanted them to do a diagnostic for a sensor .When she got her vehicle back, she is assuming he got the oil change but her tires were not rotated and they did a quick reset of the sensor and it came on the next day. She had to move and was unable to go back and since they did not do half the work they were supposed to do she probably would not go back there any ways.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 07/01/2020

This Lady came in for her 2nd Oil Change Service [1st Service we noted weak sensor batteries] and requested checking Tire Pressure Sensors and System while vehicle was in the shop. Oil and Filter were changed, Tires were rotated, Fluids were topped off, and sensors were checked and batteries still showed weak yet signal was making contact with module.
We reset the sensors for proper placement on vehicle and recommended she may want to think about replacing 4 sensors. We also stated that the weakest sensor may trigger again and turn the light back on.
$95 Out The Door!!!! I mean REALLY???? And we didn't even push the sale due to your expenses with moving.
A $75 Full-Synthetic Oil-Change with Filter and Free Tire Rotation and a $20 Diag and Reset Fee seems pretty fair to me.
*Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just thought I would layout the facts from our end as to not mis-lead our true and future customers.

MT

CHRISTIAN R.
Vista, CA
08/29/2019
Too much of a wait time
I went ahead with Chapman automotive because there was a deal from Groupon. When I arrived they were very polite. I don't like that it took over an hour for an oil change. It took by surprise when I was told that there was going to be an extra charge, that I was not aware of. I need to be told before hand if there is going to be an extra charge for anything. I was very upset about sneaky charges. To make matters worse I didn't have my wallet and the service representative was refusing to give me my keys. I had about $13 in change that I paid him and agreed to call him later to pay over the phone. I didn't like my experience with Chapman and would not be returning again.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 08/29/2019

I have a hard time understanding your complaint other than the fact that you stated your boyfriend sent you to get his oil changed with no money.
1.) You signed and were given a copy of the repair order which clearly stated the additional charges above the Groupon Purchase.
[Tax, Extra Oil, Disposal, Haz Fee's are listed in Groupon Ad]

2.) You were given an estimated wait time of 45 min to 1hr, in which you stated we completed the vehicle.
3.) You were not refused your keys, because you needed them to get you Debit Card out of your vehicle, which was parked right out front.

We do our best to give each customer the best possible experience as unanimously expressed by the majority of our customers. I am sorry that your experience wasn't what you expected.

Robert H.
Encinitas, CA
04/11/2019
Use the correct coupon
I wanted to check out Chapman's for a synthetic oil change, so made an appointment to use a flyer 49.99 coupon. Turns out, it was plus disposal and tax of about $11.50. Their online website coupon is for $50 including those extra fees. Coming from Encinitas, probably cost me $5 or $6 to get there, so very little actual savings. Service was fine, but the flyer coupon was a scam.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 04/11/2019

I believe this gentleman must be confused. We do honor other competitors coupons as they are stated and include what ever additional charges that apply. Please go to our website at chapmansauto.net or contact the store for details.

RT
Rosie T.
Nissan cube
11/10/2018 Category: Service
Rosie said it was hard for her to get her vehicle in. The appointments were two weeks out and all she wanted was an oil change. On top of that, they didn't honor her online coupon.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 11/13/2018

Rosie,
  Thank you for your response. Our records show only one call to make an appointment and your groupon being redeemed for the purchase price. I find it hard to appologize for being busy, we are very blessed and appreciate ALL of our Patrons Support. We hope you will come and see us again.

Regards, John Chapman

Dylan L.
California
Scion xB
10/23/2018 Category: Service
Dylan said the owner contacted him, explained what went wrong, and agreed to fix it.

09/29/2018 Category: Service
Dylan said the business was overpriced. He stated they were overpriced by $100.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 10/05/2018

Thank you Dylan for your patronage.

Steve W.
09/26/2018 Category: Service
Steve said he didn't feel that he was treated nicely. He was told that his vehicle would be ready in 1 1/2 hours. The owner came out and relentlessly argued that the work would take 3 - 4 hours. He came back out in 40 minutes and said he was done with the vehicle but he wasn't able to do all the work he wanted to do on it. Steve said he was prepared to be there for 1 1/2 hours so the owner could have worked longer. He would not recommend this business.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 09/27/2018

I don't usually respond as an owner unless false statements are made against my staff, my business, or myself.
This gentleman owns a 30ft Motor home and wanted a Quickie Oil Change that he could wait for because he was told by one of my employees that it would only take about an hour.
[That promise was never made]
The gentleman arrived at 8:00 in the morning and we had multiple customer appointments scheduled for that day. It has always been our policy that RV's are a "Drop off for the Day" only type appointment. I told him that an Oil Change and a correct safety and maintenance inspection would take approximately 2-3 hours.
(Family Safety on the road is a priority for our shop)
He insisted we do what he alleged had been promised him in the way of a waiter oil change.
So we delivered as he requested, and to accommodate him I put 3 guys on it and knocked it out in about 30min's less any type of inspection as he requested.
For those of you who have an RV of any type that you wish to have serviced with us, we recommend you plan on dropping it off and leave it with us for a minimum of half a day.

Thank you to all who support our business and give us such positive and encouraging reviews.

Joan D.
Subaru B9 Tribeca
07/31/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Dan. He said this business didn't clean the oil off the bottom of the vehicle and they left a large oil stain on his driveway. They were very nice, but he wasn't happy.

AU
Audrey U.
Tomales, CA
Dodge Spirit
04/25/2017 Category: Service
Audrey said she took her vehicle to the business to have them look at a noise her vehicle was making. Her vehicle is making the same noise now. She ended up taking it in a second time because she still did not know what was going on with her vehicle. She sat for 2 hours waiting for them to tell her what was wrong. She is already out $1,000 from the first few times she took her vehicle in. It went from it being the spark plugs to the axle and they would fix her axle for $500 because it was cracked. She is not satisfied with the service she had received from the business at all. She got ripped off and will never return to the business at all.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 04/26/2017

After numerous attempts to contact this customer I feel it only necessary to explain Chapman's Automotive side of this situation. "When the young lady arrived on 4/3/2017 with her newly aquired 1992 Dodge Spirit with only 38,029 miles on it she mentioned it had been sitting for quite some time. She was complaining of numerous suspension noises so we test drove to confirm the noises and then brought it in to begin our inspection. We found that the front struts were leaking and the rubber spring mounts were dry rotted and cracking apart, the rear shocks were leaking as well and the rear wheel bearings were loose and in need of a wash and re-pack". I showed the young lady our findings and she stated, "Being an avid Sailor and keeping up with boat preventive maintenance I understand the importance of the Shocks and Struts as well as Wheel Bearings and the effect that BAD components can have on other vital parts of the vehicle".
She authorized the repairs and pre-paid due to the fact that they were Special order items. (We Repacked the Loose Wheel-Bearings for Safety Purpose) She returned a few days later and the other suspension components were installed, the vehicle was Aligned, then test driven and all original noises were gone and vehicle was riding very smoothly.
Fast Forward 15 days and 1500 miles later our customer came back to the shop stating that the noises she originally came in with were still there and had not been fixed. Upon inspection we found that the back torsion bar in the rear axle had a cracked weld.
We gave her a couple of options:
1.) Have the axle welded.($300.-$500.)
We needed to dis-assemble to determine whether it could be done in-house or if we needed to sub it out.
2.) Replace the axle assembly. (Need to locate before a $ quote)
She said she would be in touch and we haven't heard anything until this post.
We have a No Smoke and Mirrors Policy and try our best to explain each repair process as thoroughly as possible so the customer is well informed and able to make the best decission.

We would look forward to helping our customer given the opportunity, with respect to repairing her broken rear torsion bar/axle.

Kind Regards,
Chapman's Automotive Repair

Lexus GS 350
04/10/2021
Brakes and Water Pump
The team did a great job!

YR
YSAVEL R.
Chevrolet Cruze
04/10/2021
Great costumer service
Great customer service quality work they check the vehicle completely and give you feedback which is so helpfulIt’s the only place I take my vehicle along with my mothers

JON P.
Valley Center, CA
Ford Edge
04/09/2021
Great service every time
John Chapman knows his stuff, and his guys are top notch. The work was done timely by professionals. I’m very happy to be one of John’s customers. My 2010 Ford Edge now has going on 308,000 miles and still runs well. Thanks John!

EP
ERIC P.
Chevrolet Cobalt
04/09/2021
Friendly staff
I went to Chapman's Auto Repair because I had a engine check light on. I told the front counter person of my problem and he told me what will be done to solve it. I waited in the lobby while my car was being serviced.