Rachael M.
Escondido, CA
06/30/2020 Category: Service
Rachael said she went to this business for an oil change and to get her tires rotated , during the oil change the fluids were supposed to be topped off. She also wanted them to do a diagnostic for a sensor .When she got her vehicle back, she is assuming he got the oil change but her tires were not rotated and they did a quick reset of the sensor and it came on the next day. She had to move and was unable to go back and since they did not do half the work they were supposed to do she probably would not go back there any ways.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 07/01/2020

This Lady came in for her 2nd Oil Change Service [1st Service we noted weak sensor batteries] and requested checking Tire Pressure Sensors and System while vehicle was in the shop. Oil and Filter were changed, Tires were rotated, Fluids were topped off, and sensors were checked and batteries still showed weak yet signal was making contact with module.
We reset the sensors for proper placement on vehicle and recommended she may want to think about replacing 4 sensors. We also stated that the weakest sensor may trigger again and turn the light back on.
$95 Out The Door!!!! I mean REALLY???? And we didn't even push the sale due to your expenses with moving.
A $75 Full-Synthetic Oil-Change with Filter and Free Tire Rotation and a $20 Diag and Reset Fee seems pretty fair to me.
*Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just thought I would layout the facts from our end as to not mis-lead our true and future customers.

CT
CHARINA T.
Escondido, CA
Mercury Mariner
03/20/2019
Wait over 2 hrs for a oil change that I made an appointment for
I made an appointment for a oil change. It only took 2hrs and 15 minutes to complete. What's the point of making an appointment if it takes this long? Giving 2 stars because the price of $20 for a conventional oil change is reasonable enough.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 03/21/2019

I generally don't respond unless facts are incorrect.
This young lady had an appointment the prior day and as we were pulling her car in she received a phone call from her son's school stating he was sick and that she need to come and pick him up. She asked if she could bring it back the next day because she really needed it done. We had a very busy schedule, but we try and accommodate, and said "Sure Thing".
   The next day she arrived late, the shop was full, but I said that one of the Techs would be finishing soon and begin the work on her vehicle. [Total time was 1 hr 10min.]
  I feel we did everything possible to assist this customer.
We do appreciate all of our patrons and the relationships we are building.

Dylan L.
California
Scion xB
10/23/2018 Category: Service
Dylan said the owner contacted him, explained what went wrong, and agreed to fix it.

09/29/2018 Category: Service
Dylan said the business was overpriced. He stated they were overpriced by $100.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 10/05/2018

Thank you Dylan for your patronage.

Steve W.
San Marcos, CA
09/26/2018 Category: Service
Steve said he didn't feel that he was treated nicely. He was told that his vehicle would be ready in 1 1/2 hours. The owner came out and relentlessly argued that the work would take 3 - 4 hours. He came back out in 40 minutes and said he was done with the vehicle but he wasn't able to do all the work he wanted to do on it. Steve said he was prepared to be there for 1 1/2 hours so the owner could have worked longer. He would not recommend this business.
John C. from Chapman's Automotive responded on 09/27/2018

I don't usually respond as an owner unless false statements are made against my staff, my business, or myself.
This gentleman owns a 30ft Motor home and wanted a Quickie Oil Change that he could wait for because he was told by one of my employees that it would only take about an hour.
[That promise was never made]
The gentleman arrived at 8:00 in the morning and we had multiple customer appointments scheduled for that day. It has always been our policy that RV's are a "Drop off for the Day" only type appointment. I told him that an Oil Change and a correct safety and maintenance inspection would take approximately 2-3 hours.
(Family Safety on the road is a priority for our shop)
He insisted we do what he alleged had been promised him in the way of a waiter oil change.
So we delivered as he requested, and to accommodate him I put 3 guys on it and knocked it out in about 30min's less any type of inspection as he requested.
For those of you who have an RV of any type that you wish to have serviced with us, we recommend you plan on dropping it off and leave it with us for a minimum of half a day.

Thank you to all who support our business and give us such positive and encouraging reviews.

John Chapman

Joan D.
San Marcos, CA
Subaru B9 Tribeca
07/31/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Dan. He said this business didn't clean the oil off the bottom of the vehicle and they left a large oil stain on his driveway. They were very nice, but he wasn't happy.