Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Toyota Avalon
11/17/2019
Excessive Charging
I have been a customer for several years . Recently had my oil changed, gave the girl a $4 coupon for regular oil, they installed synthetic oil which I did not ask for and instead of paying something in the $20 range I ended up paying almost $60. They have lost me as a customer. Community tire is now under new management.
Jeff M. from Community Tire responded on 11/20/2019

I am sorry Ken. If customers have been to us in the past we look up in history to see what kind of oil we used, we haven't seen you since 2016 with this vehicle and the last few invoice's was with synthetic oil. we have every customer sign there estimate before we do the work just in case there any changes from the pass invoice's. Please give us a call and we will give you the diffence back for your oil change. Sorry again for any misunderstanding.

11/12/2019
Brakes still not right
Brakes still not right. Not driving car. Afraid to bring it back to u. Trying to decide where to take it. Very disappointed. I've given u enough of my money time & chances.

BRAD H.
Manistee, MI
04/07/2019
Poor Service
Went for an oil change. The technician did not top off my low coolant and did not put air in my low spare tire, even after asking him to. The low pressure light remained on for days until I had to finally put air in it. The light went off immediately. Was very disappointed especially because I was from out of state. Would not recommend this facility for an oil change.
Jeff M. from Community Tire responded on 04/08/2019

I would like to appoligize for anything the tech did not do on your vehicle. We always top off fluid with every oil change and if you asked the tech to do something he should have done it. I will be speaking with him today about it to make sure it never happens again to you or anyone elses car he works on. Thanks for letting me know what happened.

GR
GLENN and DEBRA R.
02/23/2019
Oil change and tire rotation
The new owner, Jeff, forgot to give me a $5 discount on the synthetic oil change even though I mentioned it 3x’s. After adjusting the bill he added $2.10 for shop supplies on the bill...when asked why, jeff said it was for the oil filter. All my past receipts never had a charge for that. Small, almost trivial things like this incident and an exchange Jeff had selling tires to a client who only wanted one tire, can damage one’s trust in that business.

JOHN C.
10/22/2018
Not the same withuot Doug
Will be looking for a new garage after poor experience. Doug built a great business and hopefully Krystal and crew can right the ship before new owner destroys all they built.

Joe L.
07/11/2018
Horrible!!!
Horrible!! I went on-line and ordered 2 “in stock” tires for my car. I then scheduled an appointment for the next day at 0900 with their scheduling system. I get a confirmation email stating they got my request and would be contacting me. Very well so far... next morning comes and no call. Mind you they open at 0700 and my appointment is at 0900. So as time is getting closer to my appointment I go to the tire center. Get there at 0850 and say I have an appointment at 9. NOPE. I was not only told they didn’t confirm my appointment but they didn’t have the “in stock” tires. I was told they had me on the schedule to call but haven’t yet... I asked when that was going to happen since it’s 0850. He had no answer. He said what I got was a confirmation that they received my appointment request. Ok. But when were you going to call and tell me you didn’t have the tires?? The appointment was for 9?? No answer. Then I get asked if I want them to order the tires.. hell no. I took work off to get this done and will have to take more work off to get new tires elsewhere. This not only is going to cost me for 2 tires but a day off of work with no pay. Thanks folks at Community Tires and Auto Service in Sabastian Florida, I not only didn’t get tires but have to take more time off work to get them somewhere else. Because it’s obvious these folks don’t need my business or money.

And I’m sure you will have some excuse why. I read all your reviews and see you never take responsibility. It will be my fault somehow.
Doug R. from Community Tire responded on 07/11/2018

Joe,
I am sorry things did not go well for you. You never had an appointment with us. You had a request on line.I am sorry I did not follow up in a timley matter.

SG
STAN G.
Chrysler Pacifica
01/01/2017
Unhappy Camper
You installed 2 tires and when I arrived home "1 mile" from your store, I thought the right front one looked a little low. I checked them all and her are the readings: LF 16; RT 24; RR 36 and LR 30. Needless to say I wasn't pleased.
Doug R. from Community Tire responded on 01/02/2017

Stan,Thanks for the feedback. I apologize for your last visit.

I will address this issue with my crew.

Doug

SocialCRM from Community Tire responded on 01/06/2017

Stan,
Thanks for coming in on 1/5/17 & Trusting us for doing air conditioning repair on your other vehicle!

Doug

LK
LAWRENCE K.
Mercury Grand Marquis
10/07/2014
GOOD PEOPLE
I hit the wrong star the first time, sorry
5 stars all the way for Doug

10/07/2014
listen to cust. dose not ripe cust off
DOUG is very honest I lost my husband he took are car to him , so I will stay with him
Doug R. from Community Tire responded on 10/07/2014

Customer stated it should have been 5 stars

AL
ALLISON L.
Acura TL
01/25/2013
Liars!
I have been here twice for an oil change and both times was lied to. First time I was told I needed all new tires and that was a lie. The second time they told me my battery was dead and that my car wouldn't even start. My car started right up and advance auto tested it and it came up it was a good battery. I work in a local bar and have told everyone not to go here! The only reason I checked one star is because it wouldn't let me check none.
Doug R. from Community Tire responded on 01/27/2013
Allison, Your battery had to be jump started at the shop, and you declined our recommendation to replace it. You had no complaints with the service performed. We, at Community Tire, take pride in our honesty, integrity, and quality service, and when recommendations turn into allegations, it is time to part ways. Doug

BP
Bradford P.
05/08/2012
...and You didn't even buy me dinner.
How does the Final Bill get 40% Bigger then the Est.??? Today I lost, and Comm. Tire won. How does it Feel?
Doug R. from Community Tire responded on 05/09/2012
Brad- I am sorry you are unhappy. I did call you while working on your vehicle and explained the needed extra repairs and additional cost. You responded that you needed to talk to your wife and would call me back. You called me back approximately 30 minutes later and authorized the additional repairs. The cost was exactly what was quoted. You had the opportunity to decline the additional service. Doug

EN
ELLIAS N.
Mercedes-Benz S550
05/31/2019
Great place for service, but Disappointed for first time.
The service was fast as usual but I was not happy with pricing today. I have 2007 S550. I ordered 4 tires from Amazon only received 3 prior to appointment today. I was quoted $ 110. To put all tires on. When I arrived I saw $120.00 as price on service sheet. Ok no problem. I advised rep. Amazon only sent 3 tires I would come back to have Community to put other tire on upon arrival.

When I got bill. It was for $115. 00. Surprisingly I asked, what It would cost to put 4th tire on when it arrived. I was then quoted $37.00 dollars. So for some reason when that adds up to $152.00 for 4 tires mounted and balanced. I didn't think this was fair at all.
Its not that I don't have the cash, I've been a solid customer for awhile. Like I said overall service was quick, but it appears I must pay a huge surcharge for trying to save money on internet. I would've paid the total cost upfront if that was the issue, because I had to return.
Minister E. Guessing I will stick to oil change only. I usually find this business to have fast great service 5 stars . I will use them again, I just didn't agree with this particular transaction.
Jeff M. from Community Tire responded on 06/10/2019

Ellias, the price I gave was 120 but, I did not include taxes and tire disposal fee. I do appoligize for the mistake in not giving you the total price after tax and would like to mount that last tire for free for you. Please call me and set up an appointment.

KRISANDRA and STEVE B.
11/29/2018
Disappointed
Prices where higher with new owner. Charged $101.95 for fuel filter change! Cost me under $20.00 to do myself. Said it took 2 guys to do and .8 hrs. According to book. Takes me 5 minutes by myself! Very disappointed!
Jeff M. from Community Tire responded on 11/30/2018

Steve I am sorry for any misunderstanding. I have not changed the labor rate Doug had and the parts price was in the computer set up by him. You are a very good customer I see so I wanted to see what Doug charged you for the last time he changed your fuel filter. I found he charged 23.98 for the part and .8 labor/book hours same as I did. the difference was he changed it in 2008 for a total of 79.18. The part went up 6 dollars in 10 years and the labor went up 16.80 dollars in 10 years. I have not come here to make big changes to his business as I feel he has done a great job here.  I hope you can see and understand and will continue to put your trust in us in the future Steve.

WM
WENDY M.
Daytona Beach, FL
11/02/2018
Not as usual
My hubcap was lost, and when I called and asked if it was there, I was told I would get a call back, but no one got back to me.
Not as friendly of an atmosphere this time, until Corrie came on, she is always pleasant ....

Because of my experiences over the years of going to Community Tire, I would still recommend the shop. But if this was me first experience ?
Jeff M. from Community Tire responded on 11/02/2018

Wendy sorry again for not getting back to you yesterday. I have ordered the hub cap and it will be in this afternoon. Call me and let me know when you can come in so we can get it put on for you.

BILL M.
GMC Envoy
06/08/2019
Not fixed
Typically a great place to bring your car. The last to times in through, the repair that was thought to be needed was done but it turned out not to be the issue. The first time, there reversed the wrong repair and did the right one at no additional cost. The second time is yet to be seen as it was completed on a Friday and do not reopen till Monday.

CG
CINDY G.
Buick LeSabre
03/06/2019
Tune up
No I wasn't happy at all, I'm a single lady with a limited income. I was charged for repairs that weren't needed. That was the first diagnosis. They stated a i needed a tune up and the wires replaced. 341.00 they said. Well, that didn't take care of the problem. They went ahead and fixed it again without even calling me. Almost 600 now, they took off a whole 40 dollars. I was in tears to say the least.
Jeff M. from Community Tire responded on 03/06/2019

Cindy I spoke and explained to your brother about the repairs. It was last minute and on Friday, I was trying to get your car back to you without having to keep it over the week end. However the car ran good when we finished and all the repairs done were needed on the vehicle. If the car is not running good please let me know. Everything was good when we finished it on Friday. If you could call me I would like to explain why the other part was needed and see what can be done to make you happy.

Hyundai Accent
03/01/2019
First Visit
Stopped by Community Tire for hydrogen for tires, Great customer service.

When time for an oil change & tire rotation wanted to try Community Tire. Requested oil change & tire rotation, received only an oil change. Gave 3 stars hoping oil change was completed correctly, no tire rotation - disappointed.
Jeff M. from Community Tire responded on 03/06/2019

Sorry again for the misunderstanding Debra, I did say to bring it back and I would do the rotation for free for you. Give me a call and we can schedule it for you at your conveniance.

Wabasso, FL
09/27/2018
Long time customer; new staff; increasingly disappointed
I’ve been a customer for about 10 years now, and in past I’ve always had fantastic car service and customer service. However, the past year has been a bit troublesome. I’ve noticed new faces on staff and simultaneously have noticed more and more carelessness in my cars service.

Only this past week as I checked my car’s oil, I noticed a small razor blade had been accidentally left in under a rod. The person who screwed the rod back on must not have felt like re-doing the process and dangerously left the blade half sticking out.

Further the last oil change I had, the trash from the replacement sticker was left in my car. Perhaps the service person didn’t think I would notice it? In addition the sticker was placed on my window sloppily which isn’t a major issue but is certainly a deviation in the neat service I’ve had in years past.

On another note, there have been a few repairs/replacements that I’ve had done the past year that I’ve had to come back in a second time only a few days later to have redone. However this issue I cannot say is a matter of my car itself if the repair person so I’m not judging on this matter.

Suffice it to say, I’m a little worried that the quality of service may be doing down save for Krystal who has always been amazing.

AD
ALLEN D.
04/25/2018
Had to make a return visit but they fixed it without issue.
I had exhaust noise that was remedied with some new pipes. Sounds quiet now. However my check engine light came on during my trip home from the shop. They got me in right away and repaired a sensor connector they had broken during connecting. All is well now.

KEN S.
Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
06/15/2014
1991 Olds Cruiser Wagon A/C repair
Three visits to correct A/C problem, not sure if a road test is done after repairs are made.

RK
ROGER K.
Melbourne Beach, FL
Volkswagen Touareg
05/08/2013
Not the best visit I've had
Please don't forget to order the broken air cleaner housing. Used is fine.
Doug R. from Community Tire responded on 05/09/2013
I am sorry we broke air intake box. A new box is on order from VW. We will call next week, when it arrives. Thanks, Doug