Sharon B.
Honda HR-V
10/17/2018
Not satisfied
No I am not satisfied with my visit to D & D. Brought my car in for the state inspection and it was never done. Was told service is 1st come 1st served. Fine. Was told it would be about an hour before they could do mine and inspection would take 1/2 hr. No waiting area so spent time in town. Came back 2hrs later, car not done but was told they were almost done with current car and mine was next. Spent more time in town. Came back 1hr later, car not done and mechanic had gone to lunch for about 1/2 hr. Said I couldn’t wait anymore. Woman who’d been waiting on me offered to make an appointment for another time. At same time the other woman working there starts raising her voice at me basically telling me I’m being unreasonable. Will not be making that appointment or going back.

GW
Greg W.
07/13/2017
Lost trust
Have been going to D&D for a few years now since moving to the area in 2014. Will not be going back as I have lost trust in them. I had a major repair involving electronic steering mechanism a few months ago and thought it was very expensive but trusted that I was treated fairly. Yesterday I had an oil change, annual inspection and the ballast and bulb changed in a headlight for a total bill of $1330.00 and some change. I took the last two D&D invoices to another mechanic who told me that I was being charged for the full labor cost estimate from the book. So, if the book says the job is up to 10 hours, D&D charged me 10 hours for a job that likely only took them five hours. My new Mechanic said he could have done both jobs for half of what I was being charged at D&D. Also, looked up the price for the ballast on line and found them running from $60 – 200 or so bucks. D&D charged me twice the highest price I found on line.

EG
Ed G.
03/07/2017 Category: Service
Ed said they diagnosed the problems and needed to do two repairs. The very next day he is still having the same issues and one of the problems is worse. He has an appointment to drop it off again. He's hoping they resolve the issue and that they work with him on the previous charges.

DJ
Dave J.
Knoxville, MD
Subaru Legacy
01/18/2017 Category: Service
Dave said the business charged him for the diagnoses and it was expensive.

Andrew S.
03/08/2016
Not what I hoped
My 95 Camry was suddenly running very rough. They wanted to replace the timing belt, and then while that was taken apart check out the crankshaft position sensor. A second opinion fixed the problem for much, much less -- because that sensor is external on this engine, and so the timing belt job was not needed.

The mechanic also left 2 of the 4 air filter clips loose, so who knows how much grit got into my engine before I noticed several days later.

It also looks like he lost one of the 2 screws holding the mass air flow sensor section to the air filter housing, because one is gone and the place it screws into is bright and shiny and like new.