Latest Review about 1 month ago

Adam P.
Land Rover
11/21/2018
Confused - feel like I was over charged
Have used D&D multiple times with much success. This time I came in for an oil change and tire patch. Was charged $190 dollars. This seems very high for an oil change and tire patch. Was not quoted price before work was completed.

KH
Kimberly H.
Ashburn, VA
11/03/2018 Category: Service
Kimberly said the service estimate was more than the competitor's. The employees charged astronomical prices on her service parts. They charged her more than their advertised price.

Sharon B.
Honda HR-V
10/17/2018
Not satisfied
No I am not satisfied with my visit to D & D. Brought my car in for the state inspection and it was never done. Was told service is 1st come 1st served. Fine. Was told it would be about an hour before they could do mine and inspection would take 1/2 hr. No waiting area so spent time in town. Came back 2hrs later, car not done but was told they were almost done with current car and mine was next. Spent more time in town. Came back 1hr later, car not done and mechanic had gone to lunch for about 1/2 hr. Said I couldn’t wait anymore. Woman who’d been waiting on me offered to make an appointment for another time. At same time the other woman working there starts raising her voice at me basically telling me I’m being unreasonable. Will not be making that appointment or going back.

07/16/2018
Routine Maintenance
D&D scheduled my appointment right away with the best time for me. The staff is friendly and the work is done timely.

05/26/2018
Recent Inspection
I love it that they are open early. I was able to get out car inspected first thing in the morning before the holiday weekend. The staff were very nice and the tech even brought me back to go over a minor issue that I should keep an eye on as if it were to get worse, it would fail in the future. As soon as we get back I will request a quote for the minor issue to be repaired.

Thanks

Joseph L.
Dodge Durango
08/17/2017 Category: Service
Joseph said the service at this business is good, but the prices are way out of line and he will not be back.

GW
Greg W.
07/13/2017
Lost trust
Have been going to D&D for a few years now since moving to the area in 2014. Will not be going back as I have lost trust in them. I had a major repair involving electronic steering mechanism a few months ago and thought it was very expensive but trusted that I was treated fairly. Yesterday I had an oil change, annual inspection and the ballast and bulb changed in a headlight for a total bill of $1330.00 and some change. I took the last two D&D invoices to another mechanic who told me that I was being charged for the full labor cost estimate from the book. So, if the book says the job is up to 10 hours, D&D charged me 10 hours for a job that likely only took them five hours. My new Mechanic said he could have done both jobs for half of what I was being charged at D&D. Also, looked up the price for the ballast on line and found them running from $60 – 200 or so bucks. D&D charged me twice the highest price I found on line.

DJ
Dave J.
Knoxville, MD
Subaru Legacy
01/18/2017 Category: Service
Dave said the business charged him for the diagnoses and it was expensive.

NB
Noelle B.
Purcellville, VA
Honda Accord
01/14/2017
Thanks
I liked it but was $10 more expensive than where I usually go. Will be going back to my usual place because of the price. Worked out because I was in Leesburg though. Thanks!

John S.
06/14/2016
Meh
I took in for oil change, inspection and to replace a tail light. The tail light is still out. I still need to see if we were charged for the replacement or not. The rest was done plus found much more to do. I find things inconsistent here. Some times great, next time not so great.
DOUG K., Owner from D & D Automotive Repair responded on 06/14/2016

John
I apologize for the light not being changed, I did check the invoice and you were not charged. Either way this is still a mistake on our part if you would like to bring in the car at your convenience we will change the bulb at not charge for the inconvenience of having to bring the car back. Again Sorry for missing the light bulb hopefully we can re earn your trust.

Doug Kressley
Owner
703-777-8424

Andrew S.
03/08/2016
Not what I hoped
My 95 Camry was suddenly running very rough. They wanted to replace the timing belt, and then while that was taken apart check out the crankshaft position sensor. A second opinion fixed the problem for much, much less -- because that sensor is external on this engine, and so the timing belt job was not needed.

The mechanic also left 2 of the 4 air filter clips loose, so who knows how much grit got into my engine before I noticed several days later.

It also looks like he lost one of the 2 screws holding the mass air flow sensor section to the air filter housing, because one is gone and the place it screws into is bright and shiny and like new.

BC
Biansa C.
Mazda MPV
01/28/2016
Got me in fast, but at a price!
They were very friendly and got my vehicle in quickly, but their prices are really on the high end. Definitely marking up parts heavily... Battery and labor at $300 is awfully steep. Quoted for a manifold/converter problem at $1500... got a second opinion via phone that quoted half for the same. Took it there and found that it didn't need that after all.

BP
Braeden P.
Virginia
Honda Civic Coupe
06/11/2020 Category: Service
Braeden said they're good, nice people, they're quick, and easy.

BJ
Brandi J.
Mazda CX-9
06/04/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Ray. He said this business always does a great job. They are quick, fast, they have a good price and they don't try to enhance the bill.

Michelle P.
Jeep Renegade
06/03/2020
Very accommodating
Needed an oil change and a state inspection.
I dropped it off in the morning with no appointment and it was ready later that afternoon.
Friendly people, easy process.
I have a new place for my car needs.
Thank you!