Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0
Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Steve C.
Dekalb, IL
07/09/2019 Category: Service
Steve said Dave is the only Mechanic he will let work on his vehicle. His family has used this facility for many years. His vehicle is always completed on time.

TD
Tim D.
Fox Lake, IL
Ford Police Interceptor
07/09/2019 Category: Service
Tim said the business did exactly what he asked them to do and fixed the problem.

GP
Glen P.
Round Lake, IL
07/06/2019
New tires
Great CUSTOMER SERVICE fast but accurate work in a timely manner. They know their products well and keep your needs in mind to suggest the right product at the right price. Would not go anywhere else . Great people to deal with most of the same people still work there for many years which says a lot.
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 07/06/2019

Thank you very much Glen.  We appreciacate your trust!

07/03/2019
Great Honest, Transparent Service.
D Wells took in my car for repair on very short notice knowing I was on tight deadline. Everything about the repair was explained after I dropped off the vehicle and alternatives were offered at different price points. The repair was done when they said it would be and the price matched the quote. I am very pleased with their service.
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 07/06/2019

Thank you Faith for your support over 30 years.

LINDA S.
Jeep Liberty
07/02/2019
Professional
Very professional and friendly from the initial call to schedule the appointment to the follow up calls once the car was diagnosed. Turnaround time was quick. I am very satisfied.
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 07/06/2019

Thank you for the opportunity Linda.  We appreciate the feedback.

AD
ADAM D.
07/01/2019
Trustworthy and Honest
I absolutely love bringing my car in. The staff there is very friendly and get to know you and your vehicle. EVERYONE is very knowledgeable and very good at explaining what work is being done. They communicate results of inspections well, explaining what is good, what need to be watched, and what needs immediate repair.
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 07/06/2019

Thank you so much.  We appreciate you driving all the way up here after you moved away.  It means a lot to us all.

Mary B.
Lake Villa, IL
Tire repair and rotation
Brought my car in for a tire repair and rotation. Mike and Jamie at the front desk were super friendly and checked me in right away. My car was taken back immediately after check in and was finished within the time frame that was promised. Upon checkout they were able to answer all of my questions and even provide some helpful tips for future use/maintenance. The work was completed as specified and reasonably priced. I’ve been a patron here for over 15 years and will continue bringing all of my cars here. Thank you D. Wells!

DENISE L.
No complaints
Had yet another tire puncture, third in the same rear tire. Called Dave and asked if 2 new tires could be ordered & available on my appointment date just in case this 3rd puncture rendered the tire unsafe to patch . He agreed and, as luck runs, the puncture was too close to the sidewall and too close to a prior patch. Having the 2 new tires available in the shop got me out on the road again in short order. Have used this shop several times for tires and car repairs for a couple years now, and am still 100% happy with the service received.

JOHN M.
Hyundai Tucson
Great service as usual.
D Wells services my car because I know they’ll do it right. This time they met a tight time frame as well. Please do fix the online scheduling system!
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 07/06/2019

Thank you very much John!  We will get our scheduling system corrected sorry about that.

Joe B.
Lake Villa, IL
06/27/2019
Awesome service
Always do a great job and never try to sell you something you don’t need.

Bob B.

Paul I.
Lindenhurst, IL
06/26/2019
Best service
I trust this shop. They have come to my rescue when I got a flat on the way to my son’s hockey game. They are honest and work is done on time and as promised.

Wildwood, IL
06/25/2019
Courteous and knowledgeable
Good service as always at Don Wells Automotive. In future please send texts to my cell phone 847-293-7254. Do not send it to my wife’s phone 847-293-0454. Thank you.

Jeff B.
06/23/2019
This is a very professional full service auto service center
The service writers are friendly and convey a sense of trust and customer service. They are pros! I will be taking all my vehicles to Wells from now on and my kids come all the way from Chicago for their professional service. In a world full of all too often disappointing service, it's nice to have a place you can trust!

Jeff B.
Chevrolet Colorado
06/20/2019
Promp and professional
This is a professional auto service center that does a great job all around. I highly recommend them!

Joyce C.
Wadsworth, IL
06/17/2019
I can always trust that I'll be told what work needs to be done and have the reassurance the work will be done right, by competent mechanics.
I can always trust that I'll be told what work is needed on my car, to keep it in good working order, and have the reassurance the work will be done right, by competent mechanics.

FR
Floyd R.
06/16/2019
Headlight replacement
The service is always outstanding at D Wells. That is why I continue to take all of my cars there

John L.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
06/15/2019
The best automotive service in Lake County!!!!
We have exclusively used D. Wells services and expertise for over 40 years! They listen to their customers, answer any and all questions (big and small), and always provide the best services with reasonable rates! We will always utilize them and highly recommend them to anyone needing the best automotive care! They are the best!

Michael W.
Toyota Camry Solara
06/14/2019
I really appreciated all the honest mechanics and service people!!!

NV
Noel V.
06/14/2019 Category: Service
Noel said the staff was friendly and very thorough, and he has no complaints. He stated this is a good business, and he would like to thank the staff for looking over his vehicle and taking care of it.