03/06/2020
Great people and service!
From calling for an appointment to getting the car back, everyone was so nice and knowledgeable. Friendly greeting, great service. Went in for an oil change and didn't need anything else - and they didn't push for anything else to be done. I knew my car didn't need anything else done, so was pleased not to get the service push. Oil change was done in a good amount of time. Sort of new to the area and nice to find people I can trust with my car.

Lake Villa, IL
02/04/2020
Awesome
People at front desk are so friendly and helpful

John L.
Honda Element
12/26/2019 Category: Service
John said their final document after service is not fully recorded.

Nissan Murano
12/09/2019
Left bearing
We really appreciate D Wells due to proximity to our home and also because of the friendliness of the staff . Tony and I have grown to trust you and have no reservation about bringing our vehicles in for repair . This last time however I feel that after $560 the car sounds exactly the same. I am not questioning your expertise but more your thought that the left side wheel bearing was masking the sound on the right. I think the original problem still exists. Again we trust you and like you very much and will continue to come to you for repairs.. Let’s try to figure this one out and I know you will do everything to find the problem. Thank you!

John K.
Chevrolet Traverse
11/20/2019 Category: Service
John said the business does a pretty good job.

GC
Glen C.
Jeep Liberty
11/12/2019
knowledgeable and very nice
Cost more than quote but we knew it would! They were very nice and helpful. We feel comfortable that they are experts in their field. They were fast as we needed it to be.thank you

Wadsworth, IL
Chevrolet Traverse
10/10/2019
Costumer service
Grate

LIZ S.
09/17/2019
Most of the guys are attentive to details and ready to help. Then, there's always one...
I brought my car in based on a referral. My vehicle was having issues and I needed a diagnosis and an estimate. I explained I would be gone all week and would pick it up upon my return. They could call me with the results. They did find out that there was a terrible leak that mixed fluids together and then those fluids went inside engine parts that they shouldn't. The transmission was found to still work, but it was going to cost $2,100 to fix, degrease, and flush out the damage. I declined and told them I would pick it up when i returned and take it somewhere to sell it. I had three conversations with two of the guys- that week all ending with the same plan: I would pick it up, drive it away, and sell it to the first place that would take it.
When I arrived to pick it up, the guy who was in charge of my "case" was very surprised when I told him I'd be driving it to a location to sell it. When I asked him where else he thought I should try and sell the car. Apparently none of the conversations I had with the other guys at the desk had been relayed to him. He told me that there were hoses looped all over and that it wasn't really safe to drive. I told him that I drove it in and I would just drive it down the road. I paid the diagnostic bill and went to the car. The car shuddered and shook and was definitely not safe to drive, but I drove it anyway.
Here's where my frustration began. When I called and complained about how badly my car was behaving I was told that I shouldn't be driving it at all. I agreed, but I had smoothly driven my car in and now it was huffing and puffing down the road. What the heck?! I asked that if my car should die on the side of the road on my way to sell it, I wanted a free tow by them. He said they didn't have a tow truck. Then, he told me that it was my choice to drive a badly messed up car. True, but I need to sell it, dude. The only helpful advice I got from him, and he didn't intentionally give it to me, was to put more transmission fluid in it, so I could get it to its final resting place. Which is what I did. Car is now sold for its working parts. Bottom Line :All you had to do, Dude, was to be supportive in a stressful situation and offer some temporary ideas!
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 10/02/2019

Hello.  Sorry you had trouble with the Escape.  We found the transmission cooler failed and leaked a majority of transmisson fluid into cooling system causing the transmission to be very low on fluid.  We did our best to bypass the cooler temporarily and refill the transmission so the vehicle was driveable.  We appreicate your trust in us and will work to improve communication within our organization.

JB M.
Chrysler Pacifica
08/21/2019
Latest visit
Would have given a 5 star - If I had been told that the time needed might have been more.
Overall always a pleasure to deal with.
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 08/24/2019

Thank you JB!

Larry S.
08/02/2019
Performed service recommended, but not reflected
Had the brake fluid flushed as recommended, but on receipt and separate email still showing that flush recommended.
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 08/24/2019

Sorry about that note on your paperwork.  We will update your file.  Thank you!

PG
Patrick G.
Pontiac G6
05/31/2019
Professional Staff
Pleasant, Professional, helpful folks. Always willing to answer questions. Truly care about the customer.
Most of all.....honest.
Would refer others to the shop.

Ford Edge
05/19/2019
Friendly prompt thorough
Friendly prompt thorough

EL
Eli L.
Nissan Maxima
05/06/2019 Category: Service
Eli said there were some things missing on the paperwork. The customer service was very good and the work also.

Dan W.
03/30/2019
Rough day.
Today’s experience was made better from a complimentary oil change. I wish I could have had all the work completed on my car in a reasonable amount of time. Those guys always do good work or make it right if thugs go south. I’m appreciative for that, though still worried that my front license plate is in danger of falling from the car.

CL
CHRIS L.
Pleasant Prairie, WI
12/07/2018
Friendly service
They took a little longer than promised, but the staff here is worth the extra time.