Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Chip R.
GMC Yukon
02/15/2017
Unsatisfied
Had car 2 days , invoice over $400 to replace thermostat and vacuum water system to get "air bubble" out of cooling system. Never again...

MT
MARIE T.
Wadsworth, IL
Cadillac DeVille
03/13/2016
Fuck you
This is not my vehicle. It is my grandmothers, I have no idea how you got my email but please stop.

ER
Eddie R.
BMW 525i
06/04/2015
From working to not working
Brought my car to get fixed. Got back car and was not working at all and was told to bring to dealership. Spent over $1k only for a non working car. Wrote letter to owner certified mail. They received with no response. I will be disputing charge at this point as I don't feel it's right I paid so much to receive a car in way worse condition.
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 06/05/2015

I did receive your letter and will contact you regarding it.

CV
Cindi V.
Oldsmobile Silhouette
03/02/2014
They did not look vehicle until I came in at 4.
They are responsible for replacing my tires but are unwilling to replace them.
DAVID W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 03/07/2014

When the van came in for service we were told it has a vibration. We found 3 wheels bent.  It is impossible to determine if the tires have an issue when the wheels they are mounted to are bent. We did the best we could to make the vehicle drive better by rotating.  The wheels need to be addressed first before condemning any tires.  We are willing to warranty tires if there indeed is a problem with them as they are still under warranty.

ND
Nancy D.
Chrysler Town
02/26/2013 Category: Service
Nancy said she got a complete run around here. She took her vehicle in for service believing this business had the needed part. They did not. Then the next day they ordered the wrong part, then that had to be sent back another part ordered. She said she lost 10 days because of this and said she should have gone to the dealer to begin with.
David W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 04/03/2013
I'm sorry you feel like you got the runaround. We tried to save you money using an aftermarket headlight the first time, the second time the delivery was delayed by poor weather. We eventually used a dealer part at a large discount, the customer showed up 5 hours late for her appointment and we took care of the headlight in an effort to make her happy in spite of delays beyond our control.

RD
Ralph D.
Volkswagen Passat
11/17/2012
Taking customer service to another level!!
Customer?? No, wait. I never feel like a customer at Wells. More like friend or family. They are so honest about what your car needs, and how long b4 it needs it. I get more out of my cars, and spend less. INCREDIBLE! Nicest, and most knowledgable people. I'll wouldn't go anywhere else.

Jim P.
Chicago, IL
Acura TL
11/05/2012
Dishonest business practices
Bought tires about 6 months ago. Passenger front tire had slow leak from rim. I was told by my service station that the tire was installed incorrectly. I took it back to D. Wells. They "fixed" it. I continued to get a slow leak. Took it back again. I bubble was found on the tire side wall. D. Wells refused to replace tire. They accepted no responsibiity for the poor installation of the tire. I found D. Wells to be a very bad place to do business with.
David W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 11/06/2012
The tire was not installed incorrectly, his wheels are all scratched from bumping curbs and he broke the bead on the tire. He came in recently for the other tire had slow leak, same problem, bead seal again, while the left front now has bubble on sidewall from hitting curb or pothole. We took care of both tires as far as resealing and did not charge him, even though it has been 8 months since tires were installed. Really wish he could see we do take care of our customers and unfortunate when you get customers like him that do not appreciate that.

Carl W.
Round Lake, IL
09/10/2012
SLOPPY, EXPENSIVE AND DECEPTIVE.
It was not just a AC recharge, there was blower motor resistor installed. Please check your records unless that is also sloppy or you are just deflecting responsibility again.

The leak did develop immediately. It was a slow leak and it took time to notice. It was not leak associated with worn oil pan gasket. The Mobil full synthetic oil change can easily go past 7500 miles and its not your regular 3000 miles oil change.

I was pretty displeased after the sloppy A/C work and now this oil change screw-up plus poor customer service on 9/8/2012 during my recent visit deserves to be noted, on the record.

09/10/2012
SLOPPY WORK AND EXPENSIVE
I went in to get my A/C fixed and I came out without my electronic dials/buttons not working and showing. D wells refused to fix it and blames it on the age of my car but he does not understand it was working before I went in. Another time, after few days after oil change, oil leaked. I found out they forgot to put the washer when putting the drain plug, possibly damaging the oil pan thread. Again, they will not take responsibility

Overall sloppy on work/repairs but diligent to charge customers as much as possible than other shops who have better quality of work.
David W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 09/11/2012
First of all the service performed to your vehicle regarding air conditioning was a recharge. There is no way the dials/buttons would be affected by that service. Second, the last time changed your oil was changed here it was March and several thousand miles ago. If we performed "sloppy" work/repairs to your vehicle the leak would have developed immediately. Also Thank you for missing 2 appointments in the last few weeks where we offered to inspect and correct any "sloppy" service. I appreciate directing any concerns to me in the future instead of generating negative feedback about us without just cause.

KC
Kyle C.
08/15/2012
Not what we asked for
All we wanted was an estimate on some repairs. We were given that and without us authorizing any work the battery was replaced for $150. This was an old car and the amount of money to repair wasn't feasible. We didn't as for it to be replaced or any of the repairs to be done. When he told the person at the counter that they told he they would charge him to take it out.
David W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 08/23/2012
The battery was installed because the vehicle was disabled in our building. After long delay and no response from customer we only installed vehicle to make it drive able.