Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

Jon G.
Illinois
GMC Sonoma
03/26/2013 Category: Service
Jon said he likes the business because they are helpful and nice, but the service took 2 hours longer than expected. The business did not offer a reason for the delay or resolve the issue to his satisfaction.

03/26/2013 Category: Service
Jon said they were very helpful, but his vehicle was 3 hours late for pick up.
David W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 04/03/2013
We apologize for any inconvenience we had technicians sick that day and we were behind schedule. Thank you for your feedback.

Carl W.
Round Lake, IL
09/10/2012
SLOPPY, EXPENSIVE AND DECEPTIVE.
It was not just a AC recharge, there was blower motor resistor installed. Please check your records unless that is also sloppy or you are just deflecting responsibility again.

The leak did develop immediately. It was a slow leak and it took time to notice. It was not leak associated with worn oil pan gasket. The Mobil full synthetic oil change can easily go past 7500 miles and its not your regular 3000 miles oil change.

I was pretty displeased after the sloppy A/C work and now this oil change screw-up plus poor customer service on 9/8/2012 during my recent visit deserves to be noted, on the record.

09/10/2012
SLOPPY WORK AND EXPENSIVE
I went in to get my A/C fixed and I came out without my electronic dials/buttons not working and showing. D wells refused to fix it and blames it on the age of my car but he does not understand it was working before I went in. Another time, after few days after oil change, oil leaked. I found out they forgot to put the washer when putting the drain plug, possibly damaging the oil pan thread. Again, they will not take responsibility

Overall sloppy on work/repairs but diligent to charge customers as much as possible than other shops who have better quality of work.
David W. from D. Wells Automotive responded on 09/11/2012
First of all the service performed to your vehicle regarding air conditioning was a recharge. There is no way the dials/buttons would be affected by that service. Second, the last time changed your oil was changed here it was March and several thousand miles ago. If we performed "sloppy" work/repairs to your vehicle the leak would have developed immediately. Also Thank you for missing 2 appointments in the last few weeks where we offered to inspect and correct any "sloppy" service. I appreciate directing any concerns to me in the future instead of generating negative feedback about us without just cause.

Steven H.
12/05/2019
Great Reputation
Even though I bought a new car, I still brought it back to Wells when it was service time. Familiar faces to entrust with the maintenance of my vehicle.

Would I recommend this business to a friend? I would and I have.

Janet B.
12/04/2019
Trustworthy, knowledgable
We have done business with Wells auto since1999, our autos were always well taken care of. Friendly, accommodating, and very knowledgeable.

JULIE G.
Lindenhurst, IL
11/26/2019
Wheelchair van
Again, D. Wells has come through for us to have our problematic Chrysler Town & Country wheelchair ramp van repaired. They partnered with the Dodge dealer service department next door to make the repair. Its evident that D. Wells cares about the safety and reliability of the van we use to transport our disabled child all over Chicagoland. Thank you! Rick and Julie

Dodge Avenger
11/22/2019
Awesome service
The workers here are always friendly, helpful, and honest. I have never had any issues bringing my vehicle in and getting the proper work done.

AA
ANN A.
11/22/2019
Good work
The group here is honest and hard working. Although they could not find my vibration. I know when it is more pronounced they will look at it again. They assured me the vehicle was safe.

John K.
Chevrolet Traverse
11/20/2019 Category: Service
John said the business does a pretty good job.

11/19/2019
Windshield wiper blade
I was very appreciative that the windshield wiper blade that I purchased was put on my car. Very helpful and very much appreciated!

MILICA P.
Cadillac DeVille
11/18/2019
Courteous and friendly staff, excellent customer experience, would recommend D Wells to friends.

DEBBIE P.
Waukegan, IL
11/15/2019
The staff are fantastic..polite. take time to explain their findings and offer recommendations but are not pushy. Service was completed as promised. I felt they were honest and price was reasonable. I came here after I was given a list of work that was NEEDED from a long time mechanic however I was told that indeed my car didn't have a timing belt but a timing chain. Needless to say I won't be going back to my former mechanic. I was very impressed with D Wells automotive.

TK

LISA S.
Acura MDX
11/12/2019
Dashboard warnings
Dashboard warnings popped up and Wells was able to diagnosis and get my vehicle fixed in one day! A courtesy ride home in 9 degree weather was icing on the cake!

GC
Glen C.
Jeep Liberty
11/12/2019
knowledgeable and very nice
Cost more than quote but we knew it would! They were very nice and helpful. We feel comfortable that they are experts in their field. They were fast as we needed it to be.thank you

BP
BEVERLY P.
Chevrolet Traverse
11/11/2019
Staff are real and caring that I feel I can trust
I am a widow who never handled the car needs. From the minute I walked into D Wells I felt listened to and treated kindly. It was a unique experience. I felt as if I have found a safe and honest place to take my car

Bob B.
GMC Terrain
11/11/2019
Every body that works there knows what the word SERVICE meaning is. Thanks to everybody
My SUV was serviced with great care and it was down by professional personal.

Mike B.
Waukegan, IL
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Mike said the business was is honest and reputable. They tell him what needs to be done, and they do a good job.

DZ

Debra J.
Round Lake, IL
Nissan Murano
11/08/2019
We have been taking our cars to D swells for about 11 years now. They are accurate and fair and do not pressure us to do work we are not ready for. They always provide a summary of what still needs to be done next. Staff is always friendly.

LG
Linda G.
11/04/2019
Thank you Dave and your staff, my car was ready in one day with on appointment. I greatly appreciate the service I received today.