Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Karen B.
Omaha, NE
Hyundai Santa Fe
07/09/2019
Tried to sell me stuff I didn't need.
The estimate of $3000 (**close to that) was for the work I initially wanted done on my car, an oil leak by the drain plug, and to replace a ball joint and a strut. He disregarded the reason for my call and jumped right to all the stuff that I had NOT called about, oil induction, spark plugs, oil treatment, etc. I can share a written copy of the repair order Dave completed for me if you would like to see it, the total was $2,678.68. (close enough to call it $3,000) I wish Dave would have addressed my initial concerns first, then if he noticed some things that needed to be done like spark plugs or other things, he could have led me in that direction instead of trying to over sell stuff that I wasn't even calling about "right off the bat". I did not appreciate the "Jiffy Lube treatment" I received. This never happened to me before at Gateway and I was disappointed. I am sorry this happened. :(

07/09/2019
Tried to sell me stuff I didn’t need.
Gave me an estimate of $3000 to repair my car. I took it elsewhere and paid $900 to repair it. They tried to sell me spark plugs, fuel induction system and and oil system cleaning that I DID NOT need. And as a female who doesn’t know a lot about cars, they lost my trust. I won’t go back. I had been a Gateway customer since 2013.
Sandy T., Owner | Operator from Gateway Auto responded on 07/19/2019

Hi Karen,

You stopped in wanting an overall assessment of your vehicle and asked what needed to be done to fix the problems you were experiencing.

Our technicians looked at your vehicle and let us know what needed to be done. We are unsure of where the $3000 is coming from, as that is not what was discussed. We talked about the fixes needed for your current problems and items we’d recommend taking a look at down the road.

For example:

You had 138,000 miles on your vehicle and noted you had never had the spark plugs changed. The spark plugs were due for a change at 100,000. In order to help your vehicle last longer and prevent issues, we recommended changing them soon.

As a female owned shop, we pride ourselves on transparency and education so our customers can be informed about their vehicle. Our goal is to help you maintain your vehicle so you don’t end up spending more on repairs down the road. We are not here to sell you anything.

We are sorry if there was a misunderstanding. If you have any further questions, feel free to call.

Sandy Toscano