Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5rating 4.16
Overall Rating 2.08/5Overall Rating 2.08/5rating 2.08rating 2.08rating 2.08

SA
Shawn A.
03/21/2019 Category: Service
Problem resolved
My issue with the rental vehicle has been taken care of,I was given an extremely more economical vehicle to drive to work. As I have stated from the start of this entire situation all I ask for is open communication,I don’t expect my car to be repaired overnight nor have I ever been pushy about it,I only want updates as the dealership gets themed,I do NOT blame the dealership for the problems my Sonata is having nor do I blame them for the amount of time it’s taking to get approval for the repair,or how long it takes the motor to be shipped. So my hope is that moving forward a more open line of communication will be established.

03/21/2019 Category: Service
Over it
Pushy sales,zero communication in the service department unless I called asking for updates
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/22/2019

I wish I could come up with some kind of excuse but there are none. We did a 953 ECU update on your computer. When you got it back that update created a condition called fail safe. We are currently awaiting HMA which is the authorization arm of Hyundai to tell us what is next. We do have another vehicle if you would prefer being in one of our vehicles. I understand that you are in a vehicle that we rented from Hertz for you.

Let me know if you would like to swap  out. I will not give this vehicle away until Monday. You could pick it up today before 5 or tomorrow 8 to 5.

03/01/2019 Category: Service
Terrible communication
We were told the car was done over the phone and when we drove in to pick it up they informed us the car wasnt and they don't know why we got that call. Also when dropping off the car they told us we didn't have an appointment when it was made over the phone 3 days ago.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/05/2019

You know, I have no excuses. I did see that the appointment that you had was taken at the Chrysler store and that is where they were expecting you for some reason. Why you got that phone call I will never know. Obviously it was some kind of error on our part. Please forgive us for this visit.

What would you like for me to do to make up for these errors. I could offer you an incentive for changing this survey to a 4 or 5.

Jerry C.
Kingston, OH
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
01/27/2019 Category: Service
Oil change and engine light on
Would not give a definitive answer as to the cost to determine why the engine light was on ($55 to $110). I indicated it was free at a local Auto Parts store to which was referred back to me, "we use a $8000 piece of equipment and they use an $80 piece." I asked if they knew anything different since they both provided a code. To the answer, "that is why we make 4 times as much as those at the Auto Parts store as we determine what the code means and tell you specifically what the problem is. We have the knowledge."
I would venture to say the Auto Parts stores provide a great service to unknowledgeable customers who would at least like an idea as to what may be wrong with their vehicle without a $55 to $110 dollar price tag. They can then determine if a repair is necessary.

Hamden, OH
01/22/2019 Category: Service
My issue was resolved in no time!
I had issues with my appointment and after making a review I got contacted immediately and it was made up for and resolved with ease!

01/22/2019 Category: Service
This isn’t the first time I’ve had trouble here
Very disappointed on how I got treated here. Someone is always trying to sell me something or make me spend way more money than I plan on. Refused to check the things I needed checked and was told on the phone I’d get a free overall checkup on my vehicle and didn’t even get one.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/22/2019

I will send you a rescore but I will be more than glad to replace all 4 bulbs at no charge to you. I will have to know what day you want to come in and I will see to it that you will not need an appointment.

2015 Hyundai Genesis Co
12/11/2018 Category: Service
Lack of communication
Seems severely disorganized
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/13/2018

Seems like we dropped the ball here. Is there anything we could do for you at this point to gain back your confidence. I need to send you a rescore after we get this resolved but need to know if we can do anything to help ease your frustration.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/27/2018

I would really like to get this issue resolved. We are so much better than the foot we have put forward. I will make a one time offer to you. If you were to rescore us with a 4 I would be willing to do a coolant flush on your vehicle at no charge to you. That is a $150 value. Please respond and let me know if that would be acceptable. I would need the rescore no later than Sunday night 12/30/18.

CR
Constance R.
09/15/2018 Category: Service
I made the appointment at least a week in advance. I took the car in prior to the appointment and planned to wait since it was only an oil change. It took hours and waisted my morning.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 09/17/2018

I have no idea what happened here. We get very few upset customers so it does concern me when we do get them. I looked at the scheduler and it appears your appointment was at 8:40 that morning and I also see it was 9:30 before it was written up. Were we that busy with you waiting to get attention from someone or were you simply late for your appointment. Either way it doesn't matter we never want someone  to be dissatified.

What can I do at this point to make you a happy camper. Maybe a free oil change, or a free tire rotation. I would be more than glad to supervise your next experience with us. As I said this just doesn't happen often, so let us communicate and give you the type of service you want and deserve.

2016 Hyundai Elantra
05/15/2018 Category: Service
Oil
Not my best experience with this dealership
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 05/16/2018

I want to first apologize for your experience. I put all of the information together I could find. Looks like you had an 11:00 appointment on the 10th. We wrote you up at 11:19. I don't know if you had to wait on a service advisor, but I keep a pretty close eye on customers as they arrive. There should never be anything left in your car after we service the vehicle. I know that when you called back to Erick he thought he was going to get a photo texted to him of the part. I know sometimes when I text him it doesn't show up on his phone, so maybe that happened.

Whatever the situation was I do feel bad for the experience. Please accept my apology, get with me or I will call you and try to satisfy your concerns.

Thanks though for responding I really need to know these things.

Piketon, OH
04/13/2018 Category: Service
Average Service
Just like the title says.
ERICK N. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 04/14/2018

I apologize that you have had a negative experience at our dealership. We here at Herrnstein Hyundai hold ourselves to a very high standard and our customers experience to an even higher priority. If there is anything that we can do to correct this situation, please contact us immediately.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 04/16/2018

I got back in town today, and have investigated this sure critic response. We really take these sure critics serious here at Herrnstein.

I talked with Steve about this, and if i understand it correctly all he could remember was that you had run out of coupons for tire rotation from Fidelity Warranty Company. Maybe there is more to the story than that. If there is I beg of you to get in contact with me, so that I can get it resolved. Thanks for your patience right now but I will not let this die until I have tried to understand the problem, and to do anything in my power to correct it.

Marcia B.
Oak Hill, OH
04/03/2018 Category: Service
Replacement engine
I waited 3 days for them to call and tell me what was wrong. In all that time I went without a car. They wouldn’t let me have a rental car because they had to get approval. Total time waiting was 4 days.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 04/05/2018

This response has me quite baffled. It will be interesting to talk with someone to get a detailed explanation of what happened. The normal turn around time on an engine is 3 weeks. It just so happened that the engine you needed was in a warehouse and I saw it there and had them deliver it. The RO was opened on the 26th and looks like it was even towed in. The 27th we checked out the vehicle and began to take pics and get the paperwork done to send to our homeoffice to get approved. The approval process went to our home office on the 28th in the early afternoon. We found the engine and it was here on the morning of the 29th. I had the technician pull the engine out of the vehicle on the afternoon of the 28th and installed the engine on the 29th which is the day you picked it up.

As far as the silicone I have checked with everyone that would have answered the phones and no one can remember anyone calling in about this. Certainly I would be so disappointed in someone if they offered up and explanation of we don't have time. If I could find someone that would admit to this, I would certainly have a stearn talk with this person.

Let's talk. I will try and get ahold of you, and would like to talk with you personally about this. Hopefully you and I will make that contact.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 04/11/2018

I absolutely hate this response to our survey. I would really appreciate talking with you in person. This is a difficult response to our survey. We thought we did so good for you and you on the other hand believes we did so poorly. I never want a customer to feel that way. In the long run, it doesn't matter how we feel, only your opinion matters.

NG
Nicholas G.
Latham, OH
12/28/2017 Category: Service
Time
An employee reached out to me personally to discuss the issue at hand. Said issue is being looked into now for a resolution. Thanks Herrnstein!

12/28/2017 Category: Service
Time
Appointment was re-sheduled from 9 to 920 6 minutes before appointment via email. Will not keeo me from coming back but the scenario wad unacceptable.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/02/2018

I wish I could respond to this in an appropriate manner, unfortnately I have no idea how that can happen. I would love for you to take a phone call from me so that we could discuss this. If we have a glitch in our scheduling software I really need to know about it.

I will be sending you an attempt at a rescore once we have discussed this. I just don't know how to address the issue.

Jan D.
2012 Hyundai Veracruz
10/17/2017 Category: Service
Not
Service mgr doesnt know how to just to customer instead of making a million excuses why he cant our issue
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 10/17/2017

I certainly remember the 2012 Veracruz. I am the person that talked with you trying to explain what we can and can't do. Once the recall was done I had to have approval to replace the valve cover, and when the alternator is working with no problems then it would not be approved by our home office.

If I remember correctly the alternator that was on your car was not a Hyundai Alternator, I remember you had it installed in Columbus when the alternator went out. You were given the phone number to our Consumer Affairs Dept, and if I remember correctly they would not refund you the $$ for the alternator.

I really do understand your frustration, and I am sorry that you believe I have been less than helpful. The conversation we had was not made up of excuses it was just what latitude I have in dealing with situations like this.

I once again offer you the phone number to consumer affairs and see if they now would refund you some $$$ or approve us replacing a Non-Hyundai part under the Hyundai Recall.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, however I do believe it is a fair evaluation of the circumstances.

The phone number is 800-633-5151. I hope this turns out good for you, and the home office approves doing more for you.

Believe it or not we really do appreciate your business.

Logan, OH
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
08/07/2017 Category: Service
You put the oil Where?
Spilling oil or transmission fluid all over the engine compart is not the way to make a customer happy!
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 08/07/2017

This is certainly a terrible thing to hear about your technician, however we will learn from this and I will review with them how critical it is to be professional in their endeveors.

I have spoken with the technician responsible for this and it was quite a serious talk.

Let me offer to you a chance to make up for this. If we could get you to resurvey with us and possibly get a higher score, I will be glad to offer you a complete detail on your vehicle. This would include doing the engine compartment. I am not asking you to be happy with the last service, I am asking for a chance for redemption. These kind of reviews do not come across my desk often and when they do we give them our utmost attention.

Please let me know if the detail and the resurvey would be possible.

2003 Hyundai Tiburon
09/27/2016 Category: Service
My story on Hyundai Tiburon recall
They have the ability to be great but if you get a bad service guy you will have a bad time "Paul" is not a very helpful person
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 09/28/2016

It always pains me when we have let one of customers down. This is not the normal, but I am sure to you it probably seems that way. I wish at this point I could do something to make up for this tragedy. I have spoken with Paul, firmly, letting him know how much this disappoints me.

I have a team meeting set for Friday of this week to drive a point home, it is important to communicate with customers during the entire process of having their vehicles serviced.

You might think we do not want responses like these, and we don't like them, but we take this opportunity to make us a better place to shop. So thank you for taking your time to fill this survey and thank you for you business.

If you ever would like to give us another shot at being your preferred provider for your maintenance needs, call me personally and I will make sure you are more than pleased.

Jeffrey B. Coleman
Herrnstein Hyundai

Charles S.
2009 Hyundai Elantra To
09/25/2016 Category: Service
Not so great, communication skills need to be improved along with phone system that cut me off while I was on hold
The visit was disappointing with the lack of communication, the lack of followup on a misdirected replacement part and the excessive price of the repair.
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 09/26/2016

I hate it when we get a rating like this. We strive so hard here to eliminate these problems. I am terribly disappointed that you did not get adequate communication during this process. So many problems can be avoided if there is good conversation going on between the customer and the dealership. I will address this with our service writers and get this resolved. Hopefully we can find a silver lining in this somewhere.

We use this feedback to make us a better place to shop, so sorry about your experience, but thank you for the feedback.

Andrea S.
08/07/2016 Category: Service
Lazy mechanics
Horrible service
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 08/08/2016

I am sorry that you feel as though we have been negligent in your vehicle. Murphy requested that we do the amount of work that we did, and not just on your vehicle but on many others. If you feel like we should have done more work we would have been glad to do so, however because Murphy was paying the bill this is all they authorized us to perform.

There maybe other customers that got other work done after they were here, but we have not had any other requests for more service on these vehicles.

I am in hopes that after you had the other services done that your vehicle is back to as good or better condition than when the accident took place.

Jeff Coleman

John R.
Circleville, OH
07/27/2016 Category: Service
Thanks, but still having problems
See previous
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 07/28/2016

You are a long time customer, so you are aware that this is not a typical example of our customer service, or our ability to repair vehicles. It is certainly embarassing when this happens. I know we have checked and rechecked the A/C but obviously we have failed at diagnosing the system, or there is something electronically that is failing that cannot be picked up by our computers. I will talk with Chad and we will get our field service tech from Hyundai Corp. involved as we do not want to leave this as, "we just can't fix it".  I will stay in contact with you until we have slain this dragon.

Circleville, OH
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
06/29/2016 Category: Service
Poor service department...they don't even invite people to have a seat at their desks and it's quite evident one of them doesn't know how to deal with customers.
Great place to buy a car; this was bad experience and hopefully not the norm.
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 06/30/2016

It is with heavy heart that I respond to this survey. We strive so hard to give the type of service that we all expect when we go anywhere and purchase products. I did speak with Erick so that I could get all the details about your experience, and you are right it should never take that much effort on your part to do business with us. The first issue is that we schedule you for an appointment and we did not have the part in stock. That happens very infrequently and I acknowledge that this did happen. There is a big difference between a strut and a hatchback strut, and the parts department obviously made a mistake in ordering this because a strut came in on your second visit and it was not the hatchback strut that you needed. The next visit I am glad that Erick was able to get your vehicle's hatchback strut's for you and offered for you to just come in with no appointment necessary. Erick is a fine addition to our staff and we appreciate his abilities beyond belief. I offer my apology for your inconvience and for the frustration that you must have been feeling during this time. I hope that we can earn your business in the future, and allow us the opportunity to show you just have good we can be.

MATTHEW R.
New Holland, OH
12/31/2015 Category: Service
Issue not resolved by Dealership!
I resolved the issue myself since I never received a call back with a resolution like I was promised. This what should have been a simple resolution for them cost me $200.

12/31/2015 Category: Service
Poor repair service!
Should have followed the warranty coverage procedures rather than trying to do a cheap fix! Now the cheap fix will cost me $200! That was not necessary!
JESSICA D., Parts & Service Director from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/04/2016

I apologize for the misunderstanding Matthew. Our service manager will be calling your wife this afternoon if we don't hear from her by then. I am confident we will be able to make things right for you and your wife!

Jessica Dalton

Piketon, OH
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
05/22/2015 Category: Service
SERVICE NOT COMPLETED
CHARGED FOR A SERVICE THAT WAS NOT DONE. BE CAREFUL AND MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING DONE WHAT YOU PAY FOR
JESSICA D., Parts & Service Director from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 05/28/2015

Hi Tina,

I know we spoke on the phone when we refunded your charges, but I wanted to update you and let you know that I did speak with the technician who performed your maintenance. He did not rotate the tires front to back, but he did rotate them side to side. I sincerely apologize that this information was not relayed to you before you left our dealership and I have addressed this issue with our staff to prevent it from happening again in the future. I do thank you for your feedback, because it's customers like you that help us to better ourselves and the service experience for others.

Jessica Dalton