Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5rating 4.16
Overall Rating 2.08/5Overall Rating 2.08/5rating 2.08rating 2.08rating 2.08

SK
Sarah K.
05/18/2019 Category: Service

WM
William M.
Londonderry, OH
04/27/2019 Category: Service
Service was performed on my Hyundai for AC unit not cooling. Service replaces a sensor and recharged the unit. Somewhat better but still cannot cool the vehicle on warm days. I believe the service department did all they could, and I appreciate it but if you live below Canada or Alaska you dont want this vehicle. Purchase something with a better engineered AC
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 04/30/2019

I feel badly that we are not able to get you the a/c that cools you properly. Once it get's warmer outside come on back in. I will have them look at the vehicle again and try to figure something out for you. I will make sure they charge you NO diagnostic fees for this. Thanks for your business.

Lancaster, OH
04/12/2019 Category: Service
Efficient Service
Herrnstein provides a fast and efficient oil change with friendly service.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 04/15/2019

We hope to some day have a car wash available to our customers. Sorry we don't have one right now. It is on the chalk board for later on. Maybe then we can get that 5th star that we so strive to get.

2016 Hyundai Elantra
03/19/2019 Category: Service
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/22/2019

We will do our best to earn that 5th star next time.

NK
Neil K.
Williamsport, OH
03/12/2019 Category: Service
Work was done as expected in a timely manner
They did what they said they were going to do in a timely manner
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/13/2019

Those are great comments for me to read. Thanks so much for them.

Tell me what we could have done better to get that 5th star. That is what we strive for.

Randy W.
Frankfort, OH
2016 Hyundai Elantra
02/08/2019 Category: Service
the people
having to take two days of work off isnt really special Friday sat sun mon down 4 day with the weekend price for repair could be better
ERICK N. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 02/09/2019

Thank you! We apprciate your business! Let us know what we can do in the future to get that fifth star!

SP
Shantina P.
Lancaster, OH
02/01/2019 Category: Service
Good Staff
Overall satisfied with my service and the staff was very nice and professional when speaking to you. They explained out the best to their knowledge of what was going on and made suggestions on the action I should be taking and looking for on my vehicle for any issues I might be seeing.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 02/01/2019

Thank you! We appreciate your business! Please let us know what we could change in the future to get that 5th star!!

Linda S.
Waverly, OH
01/30/2019 Category: Service
No wait. Fast service.
Friendly service.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/31/2019

We appreciate that you completed the survey. We use this information to make us a better place. Let me know what we could do better to get that 5th star. Until next time, thanks for your business.

Michael L.
Circleville, OH
01/29/2019 Category: Service
a recall -
The one thing that did disappoint me was not service they were great it was the salespeople. - there must have been 4-6 salespeople walking around and I went looking for the 2019 Sonata Booklet - even had a question once someone did find a book for me - I was obviously looking no one offered to talk to me about a sale. Granted my car is only 1 year old but my wife and I both drive Hyundai and I always have thought my next car will be a Sonata again - when I interrupted 3 salespeople standing around shooting the bull - and asked a question I really felt I was bothering them.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/29/2019

I will certainly pass this information on to our Sales Manager and let him handle it from there. Thanks so much for the response though. We really do appreciate the time it takes for customers to fill out the survey.

We always look forward to your visits and thanks so much for your business

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/23/2019 Category: Service
Mr
Overall good. Other things mentioned should be looked at.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/23/2019

We don't get involved too much in policy decisions with sales but I promise I will bring it up to them. Thank you for that input and thank you so much for your business.

LR
Lisa R.
Wellston, OH
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/12/2019 Category: Service
3 out of 5
You know my over all review by reading through this survey which took about 30 minutes of my time!
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/14/2019

I hate hearing a review of this magnitude. We get so few of them and looks like you have had some rather bad experiences. I don't know how to respond to this. Chad is a very reliable technician and I have shown him the survey response. We do use an impact to tighten lug nuts but we use what is called a torque stick to do it with. They are specially designed tools so that we make sure the wheels have been properly installed. I have not heard of these torque sticks doing damage to lug nuts but I will get out into the shop today and try to figure that out. Oil being spilled I have no answer for that. It upsets me that this could happen I can't imagine how you must feel. I will work with all of my technicians to help insure that this does not happen in the future.

David M.
Greenfield, OH
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/04/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai sent a recall notice to me.
Tried to get me for $600.00 worth of other repairs. No way buddy
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/05/2019

I pulled your invoice so that I could see just what was recommended and why. The alignment sheet shows that the left front tire is pointed in too far. This will cause premature wear to the tire. It was a recommendation.

We have no history of your maintenace on this vehicle since purchased but according to the estimate sheet the serp belt is showing signs of cracking. Obviously you don't want a $55 part to break and cause very serious damage to your engine. This belt runs the water pump and if breaks could most likey cause terrible unwarranted damage to the engine.

The injection service and the coolant service recommended are maintenance items suggested when we notice the there is carbon build up in the intake. This interfers with the map sensor causing your engine to use more gasoline. The injection service cleans this map sensor and fuel efficiency increases.

Coolant service is recommended based on time and mileage. Coolant has a tendency to become acidic and will then eat the seal inside the water pump. Again it is a maintenace item.

We only recommend here at Herrnstein. It is always your option to declilne the work that we recommend. Our goal is to keep that vehicle running as long and properly and safely as possible.

VH
Vicky H.
01/01/2019 Category: Service
Good Experience
Pleased with visit.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/02/2019

We are certainly glad that you are pleased with the service. We take these responses so seriously that I have been asked by the owners why we didn't a 5 star from you. If you have suggestions as how we could have earned that 5th star let me know.
Til then thanks for your business.

Circleville, OH
12/25/2018 Category: Service
Did their job
They got me in and out with an oil change in about 40 minutes.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/26/2018

Thanks for the feedback thru the survey. We appreciate the infor, and really appreciate you as a customer. Thanks for your business.

We will work on the chairs.

Logan, OH
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/17/2018 Category: Service
Not known
Bought new car
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/18/2018

Well thank you or responding to the survey, thanks for your purchase of a new vehicle, but most of all thanks for being a valued customer.

PW
Paul W.
Piketon, OH
2008 Hyundai Sonata
11/27/2018 Category: Service
Convent easy to get to.
Good
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 11/27/2018

Appreciate you responding to our survey. Let me know what we could have done better to get that 5th star. That is what we strive for. Thanks again for the time , but most of all thanks for your business.

CR
Constance R.
Frankfort, OH
11/22/2018 Category: Service
Service was received in a timely manner for this oil change.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 11/23/2018

Thank you for responding to our survey. We appreciate the time it takes to reply, but we do take these survey's seriously. When we don't get 5 stars we always wonder why. Let me know what we could have done better to earn that 5th start.
Thank you again for your time and thank you for your business.

11/10/2018 Category: Service
Timely and friendly
Service staff is always friendly and work is done on a timely basis. There are other places I could go that are cheaper for an oil change but you are not treated nicely. I have loved my Hyundai's over all the years that I've owned them
Bart H. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 11/12/2018

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am sorry that your vehicle wash was not what you were expecting, that means it was not up to our standards. Please feel free to call in and set up another complimentery oil change at your convenience.

Portsmouth, OH
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/08/2018 Category: Service
sante fe
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 11/08/2018

Thank you for responding to the survey. Let me know what we could have done better to get that 5th star. I promise if you tell me I will make sure next time you are in here we will try and fulfill that request.

Thanks for your time and thanks for your business.

AE
Arthur E.
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
10/04/2018 Category: Service
Pretty good
I'll have to say that the service department personnel do a good job in answering questions regarding my automobile, however though this may seem petty and small, in at least two service occasions when I brought in my car I was given a sheet of what was inspected and serviced. In at least two occasions the inspection/service sheet indicated that all fluids were topped off in my car, but after having trouble with my windshield wipers, I found that the windshield wiper fluid lacked being topped off... I only found this out after in one occasion a bug committed suicide on my windshield, I turned on my wipers to wash off what was left of the bug, only to have a bigger mess because no fluid came out. I took my car to the nearest gas station, popped the hood and checked my windshield fluid completely dry...I bought a gallon of the stuff and poured in the solution to find out that I had a two gallon container under the hood. What that meant to me was that the service dept. even though they checked off that they had done this service, nothing was done! After that incident I made it a habit of double checking my windshield fluid to insure that the service was done as indicated, in one other instance I found that the container was not topped off... Again, this may seem small and petty, but why lie about something small like this? If the technician doesn't feel like filling the container, that's ok...I won't go broke buying a gallon of the stuff to fill it myself, just don't tell me that it was done, when it wasn't! What that creates is a doubt if there is anything else not being done to my car... I readily and happily pay for any service done to my automobile as its durability is a high concern of mine, I don't like to be put in apposition to have to start doubting the word of my car service department as I know you are a group of people with integrity... So... I guess this is just a comment in passing.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 10/04/2018

It is very rare that I need to respond to concerns like this, and as the person responsible for this department it bruises my soul to read this. I promise that I will have a talk with my entire department to make sure this does not happen. I will question the technician that worked on your vehicle and find out how this can happen.

You do have my attention and your comments are certainly welcome. If we have a problem we can't solve them unless we know about them. Til next visit thank you for the time it took to respond to this survey, and most of all thanks for your business through out the years.