Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5Overall Rating 4.16/5rating 4.16
Overall Rating 2.08/5Overall Rating 2.08/5rating 2.08rating 2.08rating 2.08

Londonderry, OH
04/09/2019 Category: Service
Its the customers fault when a vehicle fails that is under warranty is how it feels
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 04/11/2019

I am looking into this issue. I called you the other day and left a message. I would love to talk with you about this eperience and see what we can do to make your next visit a better one.

Circleville, OH
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Hybr
03/28/2019 Category: Service
Friendly People
I tried to get an appointment for service online, but it didn't work. Then they did not complete the recall or set the change the oil warning on the panel.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 04/02/2019

Sounds like we didn't get this one right. If next visit you see me, I will make sure all is well and that you are impressed at how good we are.

Until then thanks for your business.

03/25/2019 Category: Service
It’s okay
It’s a okay dealership
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/26/2019

An okay dealership is not what we are after. What could we do better to make it better than okay?

TC
Tracie C.
2014 Hyundai Accent
03/22/2019 Category: Service
Chillicothe Hyundai
I’m pleased with customer service and their effort put in to fixing any issues that I may have had.

03/22/2019 Category: Service
...
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/26/2019

I see that you have an aftermarket warranty company that paid for the repairs. I also see that you had a $100 deductible to them. If you could rescore this survey to a 5, I would be more than glad to refund you the deductible $$$$'s that you had to pay. In talking with Erick I see that you had some rocks in your underpinning that was causing some of the problem. Let me know if you would like to accept my offer, and I will make the arrangements

AE
Arthur E.
2012 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
01/30/2019 Category: Service
Rescore
Per your request...

01/30/2019 Category: Service
Customer Service
After discussing a concern with the Service Manager, I picked my car from the Service department and the problem seemed to be addressed and repaired. This dealership is the only Hyundai dealership in Chillicothe, it's important to me that we have a good business/customer relationship for my car's sake. I take the upkeep of my car very seriously, as it is one of our most important investments. Our car is the center of our transportation needs as we both work 60 apart. We need a vehicle that we can depend on, and keeping it in sound condition is the only guarantee that we can have a car when we need it.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/30/2019

I am glad that I had the opportunity to discuss with you the issue. I now need to ask you a favor, with no other reason for your compliance other than we need to have a better score for this service advisor.

I appreciate that you recognized that we do take our customers concerns seriously, and I would like you to blindly rescore us. I would appreciate a 5 on the rescore if you feel like you could do that.

I am hopeful that all of your future visits to our service department will be up to our 5 star rating.

Thanks again for your follow up on this issue, and hopes that you could honor my request.

You the man

DI
Dakota I.
Richmond Dale, OH
2017 Hyundai Accent
01/24/2019 Category: Service
Great people, Great building
I LOVE my 2017 Hyundai Accent. It has treated me very well. The people at Hernnstein Hyundai are such great people, love going in and talking with them. I took my Hyundai Accent in for a oil change and to get a Fuel Iduction System cleaning which was provided by Hernnstein Hyundai for free which I’m very thankful of. But they go through a checklist of items on the vehicle. And they marked that they have topped off all fluids which did not occur. They did not fill up the windshield wiper fluid; which isn’t the end of the world, I replaced it myself. But they go through a checklist and it was marked that item was done and completed. I haven’t had much problems with my vehicle, but my car still continues to pull to right and it seems to get alittle worse, which I have addressed to Hyundai, but can’t determine reason. I will say that I did not readdress this issue on my last service visit, but it has been addressed and still seems to be an issue. I love Hyundai, and I will always own a Hyundai. The business and the people are great people. Very friendly and polite, and very patient. Thank you!
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/26/2019

WOW I  wasn't expecting another low sure critic from you. At least they are not 1's and we got a 3. 3 still is not acceptable. Hard to believe that the experience was not up to at least a 4. Please reconsider and offer a rescore of 4.

Thanks for your business and hopefully thanks in advance for rescoring this as a 4.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/30/2019

I would appreciate a rescore on this one. I have sent the one to you maybe I can send another one.

LA
Laura A.
South Salem, OH
01/24/2019 Category: Service
The service guys aren’t as friendly as they used to be
I waited for over an hour for oil change only and I felt like I was bothering them they used to have very friendly guys checking us in and out in service department
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/25/2019

I feel bad that you didn't have a great experience here. I went back and looked at your service for that day. It was a very busy day for us and and with a 12;20 appointment trying to get technicians their lunch break I am sure that you didn't get the fastest of service. I apologize for that.

We have expanded our service dept from 7 to 16 bays have expanded our staff from 5 to 10 technicians. We always strive to get customers in and out and obviously we let you down.

As far as Paul I know that alot of customers really do miss him. He was an easy guy but this is a very stressful job, dealing with customers and the amount of customers that we have to deal with. Guys get burnt out and Paul was burnt out.

My service advisors have had 10 complaints on them in a year, and yours was number 10. They have serviced approx. 9000 customers in that same amount of time. I will though bring it up to them that you got let down and we don't take that lightly. Please forgive us.

I will send you a rescore now that I have explained the situation. We would appreciate a 4 on the rescore, but if you feel like that is not appropriate then I understand.

Myrena R.
2009 Hyundai Sonata
01/03/2019 Category: Service
it's a nice place people are friendly
my car was service for a recall and they told me that the was ready I took off down the highway my hood flew up so I had to pull off to the side of the road to shut it.. needs to be more careful before sending people off!
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/03/2019

I would question that also, but neither of those 2 recalls would require we open your hood. I am wondering how that happened because you also have a secondary hood latch on that vehicle to prevent that. I am wondering if something else is wrong with your vehicle

I will make you an offer here. You rescore this survey with at least a 4 and I will have you come in and fix whatever the issue is with your hood. Let me know if this would be acceptable.

Dundas, OH
2016 Hyundai Elantra
11/30/2018 Category: Service
Overall disappointing
Very unorganized, from day to day no one knew what was going on. Was overcharged
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 11/30/2018

I am really sorry about your experience. I see the RO number and as Manager I will take responsibility for the mess up. I had actually left word on the caliper that you were to not be charged, but gave it to the wrong Service Advisor. We are normally not disorganized. The charges I believe are quite fair but then again it is not my money paying for it. Let me make this up to you somehow. If you call me and make arrangements I will offer you a Coolant Flush at no charge. This is a $124.95 value.

Let me know if you would like to take advantage of this offer. It would also require you to reevaluate us and give us at least a 4 star rating on the survey.

Again, sorry for your experience, hoping you will give me a call.

Waverly, OH
09/15/2018 Category: Service
Misunderstanding.
Several things were explained and resolved.

09/15/2018 Category: Service
Too expensive and getting a loaner is unsatisfactory
Too expensive and loaner availability in unsatisfactory.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 09/17/2018

I am very concerned about your response, so I will attempt to answer each of your concerns. The loaner car program is dictated by Hyundai Motor of America. We follow the guidlines the best we can. We attempt to accomodate everyone, but we do not have an unlimited supply of these vehicles. We are allowed 8, no more. 2) I will be really upset if someone didn't tell you the price and get your permission before we replaced that cabin filter. To make this up to you the next time that you are in I will replace the cabin filter at no charge. 3} Sometimes you are correct there are a few more dollars involved in getting your vehicle serviced, but where do you go to get quality service with excellent trained personnel to perform all of the duties. We know Hyundai's inside and out. You are a wise consumer to always consider your pocketbook before any purchase.

Let me know if you want to take me up on my offer of the free cabin filter. To do so, I will have to send you another response that you can give us a 4 star on the service.

Let me know if you want to take advantage of this offer, and please be aware we really do want your business in the future, and we appreciate all of your time.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 09/24/2018

Thanks for the rescore. I actually enjoyed our conversation the other day. Don't be a stranger.

EB
Eugene B.
07/14/2018 Category: Service
It’s alright
Some people are friendly
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 07/16/2018

We appreciate all responses even the 3 star. Usually when we get a low score we have an issue that I can try and remidy. If you could take another moment and share with me what we could do better to get a 4 or a 5 star rating it would be most helpful. We really do take these responses seriously. Anything less than 4 and we have a special meeting of all involved to figure it out.

If you could help me out, and let me know what to do I will be glad to give it my best. I will be contacting you personally in the next couple of days trying to get this resolved and see if we could get this score increased a little.

Sincerely,

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
05/01/2018 Category: Service
Great follow up
Jeffery.

I appreciate the response. As someone who leads a team of customer facing employees, these things stuck out to me. They are things i would want my customers to tell me.

My experience at Herrnstein has always been great. You listen to my problems and resolve them. Period. I love doing business with local people. Keep up the great work.

05/01/2018 Category: Service
Staff inefficienties
Sitting in the waiting room for three hours afforded me a lot of time to witness employee inefficienties. Bathroom breaks. Coffee breaks. Soda machine breaks. Smoke breaks. I’m not sure how much work one can get done between all of the breaks.

Smoking around the dealership is a nuisance and something management should address.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 05/02/2018

All of these are points well taken. I too sometimes see the same exact thing that you have seen. I will address these with the general manager and let him read what you have pointed out. I also hate the smoking around the building. Sometimes it takes another set of eyes to point out the problem.

Thanks so much. I am sorry you had to be here for 3 hours. If you would respond to my rescore of possibly a 4 out of 5 I would be glad to give you your next oil change on the house. Once I address these issues I will let you know how it was received.

We are definately on the same team here.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 05/10/2018

Thank you so much for responding back. We really do take these responses seriously. After consulting with the General Manager and putting a couple noses out of joint we are going to make some changes. Thanks so much, and I have put a note on your record to honor you with a free oil change on your next visit.

Thanks again.

Peebles, OH
04/02/2018 Category: Service
Herrnstein’s service
I appreciate the oil change. Also glad to keep up to date on updates to my car
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 04/02/2018

We appreciate the response to our survey. We use this as a measuring stick to see just how we are doing. A 3 star rating is kind of a low score, and I was wondering what we could have done better to be awarded a 4 or  5. This score is very important to Steve and the team. Please let me know some feedback on this.

I will try and address anything that we could change, and I will provide you with a rescore survey after you have responded.

Thank you for your time and thank you for your business.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 04/11/2018

I understand this would take you a little time, but, if you could please reevaluate your 3 star rating. It would mean so much to us. I would be willing to offer you a free oil change on your next visit, if we could get this bumped to a 4. Sounds like I am begging but for the service advisors and the technicians it really makes a difference in how they are viewed and in theie paycheck. Now, if there is something holding you back, please let me know what we could have done to earn this 4 star.

Carl W.
2009 Hyundai Sonata
03/21/2018 Category: Service
rear passenger tire smells like it's burning. caliper sticking
read previous sections
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/22/2018

I hate that you are still having an issue with this brake. I have ordered another caliper and I have left a message on your phone recorder to give us a call and schedule it in. Is there any special conditions when this happens, rain, snow, hot, long distance, when cold, something like that. Chad is so qualified to work on this issue and I always have him either do the work himself or diagnose and give directions to his subordinates. Looking forward to working thru this problem once and for all.

We hate letting a customer down and I promise we will not start now.

JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/30/2018

Are you having anymore problems with the brake smell. If so please let me know so we can tackle this again.

Ricky S.
03/08/2018 Category: Service
Friendliness of staff
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 03/09/2018

We appreciate your feedback. We use this information as a barometer as how we are doing. In the world of survey's 3 stars is a pretty low mark. If you have suggestions on what we could have done better to get a better score please let me know. I don't see anything right off the bat in your comments that leads me to believe that we did something not quite up to par. Once a few days have passed and I have had time to talk with you personally I will be sending you a rescore and I am in hopes that we could at least generate 4 stars. I will contact you personally early next week. Thanks again for your input but most of all thank you for your business.

01/12/2018 Category: Service
Oil Change
Online portal to schedule services could be better configured and easier to navigate. It doesn't give you the pricing for the services offered.
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/12/2018

I can only apologize for the online scheduler and our website. As the service manager we have no control over that. But, so that you realize this doesn't fall on deaf ears I will bring this up at the next management meeting and see if a better website and scheduler could be updated.

This will be a small request but a 3 star rating is just a terrible rating here at Herrnstein, and maybe 3 is what you thought of this service. However, if it wasn't your intention of giving us a really low rating if I could request a rescore to 4.

No matter the rescore we appreciate your time and we mostly appreciate you as a customer.

Charles S.
Circleville, OH
2011 Hyundai Veracruz
01/09/2018 Category: Service
Most of the parts and service manning
Most of the Service and parts personnel are great,
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 01/09/2018

I could not agree with you more about the cupping. I have had words with both the mechanics and the service advisor that gave you the explanation. We obviously don't come to the wrong conclusions often but this on seems to really be out of line. Please let me make this up to you. First I would like to get your vehicle. Either you can bring it in, or I will pick it up and deliver it back to you. Let's find the reason and go from there. I will be quite interested in the results. I will use this as a training tool for my guys. Please accept my apology, let's make this right, and let's get a rescore of 4 or 5 once we prove to you our committment to excellence.

Thanks and let me know.

12/08/2017 Category: Service
Took excessive time on a scheduled oil change
I was overlooked for my scheduled change for someone else's need without an explaination until I asked after 1.5 hours.
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 12/11/2017

I certainly understand your  frustration, and no matter how many times we service vehicles properly there are a few that get all messed up. I remember you well. I was the one that came out inquiring how long you had been here. And you are right that someone else got in front of your car.

As soon as I found out what was going on, I immediately went to the the service area and took care of the issue. That obviously did not help you at that point, but I did make the attempt.

Let me know if there is anything I can do at this point to make you a happy customer. I really take these seriously and want to make it better for you.                                                                        I

Jeff Coleman
740-779-6555

PW
Philip W.
07/31/2017 Category: Service
Recall service
Same as noted on previous page.
Jeff C., Service Manager from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 08/01/2017

I don't know exactly how to respond to your comments. I know that if you were having your regular maintenance done here, that it would not allow us to charge you for an oil change that was awaiting you under a recall. I am sorry that the place that you had your oil changed was not aware of this and did not notify you.

It is fairly well stated in your recall letter, that the oil change is included in the 162 recall procedure, but I understand that many of us, including myself, fail to read alot of print when we get something.

I would suggest that you have all of your maintenance done here at Herrnstein's so as to not run into these problems in the future. Our normal oil change is $32.95.

I am sorry that you had out of pocket expense that was not necessary. I can only fill bad for you, but thanks for coming in and proceeding with the recall.

Jeff Coleman
740-779-6555
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 08/01/2017

We just hate it when customers have not had a great experience here. I obviously can't offer to refund you money that we didn't get in the first place, but, I would like to offer you your very next oil change on us. If this is acceptable, and you would rescore us with 4 stars instead of 3 I will make this happen. Let me know what you think.

Deanna S.
Lancaster, OH
06/12/2017 Category: Service
D Walker
Already left a lengthy response
JEFFREY C. from Herrnstein Hyundai responded on 06/13/2017

Well, I have researched this RO and the situation. In response to you not getting a call I had the parts department look at the original RO and the part number that was ordered. I didn't want to see that the part had been here for days with no phone call to you. It was a short week for us with Memorial Day, however the part was ordered and we received the part on the morning of 6/2. I am sure that is why no phone call. We obviously serviced that vehicle the same day.

The next issue to address is putting you on hold and not picking up the receiver. Sometimes we do have customers on hold, and when we are busy I try and answer that phone when the service advisors are busy. I am not proud that you were put on hold for a lengthy time. In response to this though I will go back over with the Service Advisors that we should answer the phone, and even if we have to put the customer on hold at least they know that they have been responded to.

I hope that this has addressed your issues, and we look forward to servicing your vehicles in the future.