JOHN R.
Lexus ES 300 Luxury Sport Sdn
01/11/2019
Brought in 98 Lexus with heavy gas smell
They scheduled an appointment and were ready to analyze the root cause of the issue. After finding the issue, they said they had to drop the gas tank to replace the hose......looks like they went thru the back seat.....they found the correct replacement hose and let me know both the estimate and root cause was the Ethanol eating the rubber, I am a decent mechanic and never thought about all the cars on the road up to 2005 were designed before the Corn-Ethanol was invented and the rubbers and seals are being eaten by to Corn-Ethanol........only was to slow it down is but the expensive Ethanol free fuel....cheaper than these repairs fore sure.
This shop listens and cares about the customers.......i will go back thee for sure

JOHN M.
12/28/2018
The best customer service
We picked this shop because of the great reviews and I am glad we did! They were very accommodating, honest, knowledgeable, and quick to order parts and get our Prius running again. Highly recommend to owners of Japanese vehicles!

PK
PETER K.
12/24/2018
2003 Honda Accord with bad starter.
My 2003 Honda Accord with about 75K miles would not start. The service personnel at Japanese Auto Specialist checked and rechecked the starter as the issue was intermittent. Once they were certain the starter needed replacement they advised me to replace the starter. The quoted price was the exact out the door price. The installed starter had an unknown issue as it started fine half the time and made loud noises the other half. I advised Japanese Auto Specialists about the issue and they had me bring it in immediately and they replaced the starter without additional charge. As usual, they provided excellent service and backed their warranty 100%.

12/23/2018
2004 Tacoma 4x4
Very thorough diagnosis and well completed services.

GR
GUS and MARIA R.
12/19/2018
Simply the best
It's wonderful when you find a highly competent shop that really looks out for you.. David Genchur and his mechanics at Japanese Auto Specialist are those people. They have always provided the highest level of competency and professionalism on our Honda, Subaru and Hyundai automobiles. I would not consider taking our vehicles anywhere else for repair or maintenance. Their vehicle inspection and evaluation process is very complete, with maintenance issues listed numerically in order of criticality, which is extremely helpful when budgeting repairs.

EY
EDDIE Y.
Jacksonville, FL
Subaru Impreza Sedan (Natl)
12/19/2018
OUTSTANDING SERVICE
David provides timely updates and provides options and recommendations that you won't get anywhere else. This is my second visit to Japanese Auto Specialist. Each time the repairs have been done in a timely and professional manner. I would highly recommend Japanese Auto Specialist for all of your repair needs.

TR
TERRY R.
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Lexus ES 350
12/18/2018
wouldnt buy a car without Davids ok
if you have a Japanese car this is the only place to go-customer for over 10 years
terry Russell
ponte vedra

YR
YATRELL R.
Acura TSX
12/18/2018
First Encounter
Outstanding work on my car without cutting corners and upsale. David is phenomenal and an extremely knowledgeable mechanic! He will have my business for as long as I am in Jacksonville.

GE
GREG E.
12/14/2018
Attention to detail.
David and the guys give the best work and use the best parts. Sometime my old jalopy is resistant yet they come through and find and fix the problem

GE
GREG E.
12/06/2018
Very thorough inspection & work
David always checks out my vehicle completely.

DIANE H.
11/27/2018
Car Repair
I have had great service, very professional and I know what my bill will be before the work is done.

MJ
MATT and CAROLYN J.
11/25/2018
Reliability earns loyalty.
Dave is always working with us to have our vehicles providing us safe and reliable transportation. It's wonderful when you find someone you can trust. Been with him for over 20 years now. Told my sister about him and they drive their Nissan Quest from Palatka to Jacksonville to have him take care of it.

TA
TIM A.
Fernandina Beach, FL
11/20/2018
Always the Service My Cars Need
I’ve taken my vehicles to David for the past six years and always get the precise work I need and detailed explanation of repairs. I never worry about any unnecessary recommendations and I leave knowing my vehicle is running great and will remain reliable as long as I do my part. It’s been a pleasure and relief knowing I can trust his mechanics every time.

RN
RICK and RITA N.
11/12/2018
Really Great Service
Japanese auto has been outstanding since I moved down from Atlanta 2 years ago. David and his crew are outstanding at keeping up with your cars needs.

BR
BOB and BOOTSY R.
11/08/2018
HONESTY, SERVICE, CARING ATTITUDE.
Have been pleased with service here for 20 plus years and still am.

CORIE LYNN H.
Dodge Dart
11/08/2018
Great service as always!
David and his team never let us down, no matter which of our four vehiles we spring on them at the last minute!

ST
SCOTT T.
11/02/2018
Efficient and Thorough!
Second visit to JAS. I was impressed with the way the owner documented everything on the car when it was brought in, such as any dings, scratches, etc, on the vehicle. The operation appears to be well managed with attention to detail. The pricing for the two issues I had was actually a little less than other quotes I had. I'm pleased to have found someone who knows Subaru's and is on board with keeping them running well.

RE
ROY and ANN MARIE E.
Acura RDX
10/28/2018
The repair shop to trust!
Your car is in great hands! David and his crew know what to do to get your car back on the road!

KELLY M.
Callahan, FL
10/27/2018
Employees
David is very up front with you when letting you know what needs to be done to your car and what they are doing. It is a great place to take your vehicle for repairs.

DONALD and AVIS G.
Toyota Tundra
10/27/2018
When the problem is fixed, it's fixed!
Not only will your vehicle be repaired, you will understand why and how the issue was corrected.