JAIME M.
02/18/2019
Horrible experience
I took my car in to get checked out and to get a quote on repairs, after paying $56 for the diagnostic I picked up my Car Friday evening and when I did the VSA lights, and check engine lights were on and the car would start stalling out when it reached 3K RPM. I called 1st thing Monday to let them know of the issue and they said to bring it back in which I did that afternoon after work. They looked at it and said that they would have to charge another fee to be able to figure out why the car would stall at 3K RPM. I left and took my car to the Honda dealership where they looked at it and discovered the MAP sensor was unplugged within 5 minutes. Once plugged back in the VSA and check engine light went off and the car drove fine. I will not be going back and will be letting everyone I know about my experience, because they either did it on purpose to screw me over or they are incompetent.

SP
Stan P.
04/20/2018
WATCH OUT!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!
First, Dave tells me that I need a brake job, "right away" . After several attempts asking David to give me an estimate, which for some reason he never supplied. I decided to let him do the brake job. In the meantime, I did call the Toyota dealer for a ball park idea what I would be charged, around $230.00. When Dave said that the job was done, he charged me over $400.00. Almost double what the dealer's shop quoted. When I asked him why, he gave me some double talk about the dealer running a scam to entice new customers, right... Dave is very difficult to get in touch with, never returns calls and as I said, will not supply an estimate when requested. I won't be using this mechanic again.
David G. from Japanese Auto Specialist responded on 04/25/2018

Stan I have a time dated copy of the estimate provided to you and it is available reading or any one reading this to view. Dated 02/05/2018 and can prove your received it. Your vehicle arrived and your work was approved and performed 3 days later. I am not seeing any complaint from you on the performance of the brake work. I am reasonably sure all but the most inexperienced consumer knows better than to believe the bait and switch tactics from a local car dealer. the difference is your were told the truth by us up front and had  the work performed. I am at my shop 10 to 14 hours every day Monday through Friday over 200 customer come throug my doors every month you can reach me anytime you need to by Phone, Text, and email. Stan there are the people who stand in front of the forest and can only see the trees. I am absolutely you qualify for that statement. Stan I will continue to take care of those that can see the forest. With 45 years as Toyota tech there is know doubt in the mind of my intelligent customers minds my brake repair philosophy is sound. Stan we have a .002% re service rate on your brake repairs. given the fact the average deductible is up to almost $1000 today after an accident $400 dollars worth of brakes is a wise choice is my world. I only pray it is not you behind me when you need to panic stop after you have your next brake repair performed. Keep looking at the trees Stan Picus

AH
A

CRAIG S.
08/23/2020
I like this Guy
I was happy with the initial visit but not blown away.
There were several items that could have been taken care of while the vehicle was in but I was not contacted for the opportunity to have them done. I also checked the box for an oil change which got missed completely.
I get the sense that the owner David is a very knowledgeable and straight up guy and I want him to service my vehicle. I also really like his web portal and his use of e-mail to send work quotations.
I will be back.

DAN M.
Mazda CX-9
07/09/2020
This business is operated with customer satisfaction thru honesty and integrity as the number 1 goal.
Very professional, they do a great job. Recommend this business to anyone with a Japanese car.

Migel S.
05/06/2017 Category: Service
Miguel said this business did a good job.

CRAIG S.
09/29/2020
I like this Guy
David is very knowledgeable and is a straight shooter. Quality of work is good.

MK
MATT & TANYA K.
Miami, FL
07/01/2020
2005 4Runner
Dave helped me with a second opinion on my AC. Dealer said I needed new compressor but turned out to be a leaking hose. Fixed in timely manner and AC is back to cold. I will be back.

Tahir S.
Florida
Toyota Avalon
06/09/2020 Category: Service
Tahir said the staff provided a pretty okay service.

JEMAIR M.
Honda Civic Coupe
05/30/2020
Good experience
Great knowledgeable information and very helpful, puts customers first

ALEXIS S.
Scion xB
12/05/2019
Will come back
I was referred by Franz Foreign Automotive. Dave kept me informed of everything that was happening with my car. He explained things to me that I didnt understand and made me feel comfortable. I am glad I found him as I want to keep my 2006 Scion XB on the road for as long as possible!

Atlantic Beach, FL
Toyota Prius c
09/11/2019
Straight talk
Owner David is competent and good at communicating what needs to be done on a car.

Bill H.
Florida
Nissan Rogue
04/30/2019 Category: Service
Bill said he just got his vehicle back so it's too early to tell the quality of work.

FB
FRANCIS B.
04/07/2019
Toyota Prius 80000 mile service
Thorough inspection done and the estimates were pretty close to the actual cost. No problems with the car so far.

There is one thing that I would like to mention though, when I picked up the car, there were 2 long cracks in the windshield that weren't there before. Looks like they started from bottom of the glass under the windshield wiper. Luckily my insurance paid for with no charge.

My suggestion is to do a thorough exam of the car before and after service to spot any damage that might have been done during the time the car is at the shop.

JOHN R.
Lexus ES 300 Luxury Sport Sdn
01/11/2019
Brought in 98 Lexus with heavy gas smell
They scheduled an appointment and were ready to analyze the root cause of the issue. After finding the issue, they said they had to drop the gas tank to replace the hose......looks like they went thru the back seat.....they found the correct replacement hose and let me know both the estimate and root cause was the Ethanol eating the rubber, I am a decent mechanic and never thought about all the cars on the road up to 2005 were designed before the Corn-Ethanol was invented and the rubbers and seals are being eaten by to Corn-Ethanol........only was to slow it down is but the expensive Ethanol free fuel....cheaper than these repairs fore sure.
This shop listens and cares about the customers.......i will go back thee for sure