ANDY B.
12/06/2019
Expertise and reasonable price combined with outstanding customer service.
Although very busy, Dave consistently takes the time to explain and provide a detailed estimate to include things that need to be done immediately or things that can be deferred until an individuals finances allow for the work to be done. I highly recommend anyone in need of service to their vehicle to bring it to Dave and his team for evaluation, service and or repair.

ANN B.
Mazda CX-5
12/06/2019
Very good and professional
My mazda cx5 was having problems starting reliably. After a diagnostic program was run on it, a bad battery was the answer. After authorizing a new battery was installed and this solved the problem. This organization is very upfront and professional. I will return, cos I was treated very well. I reccomend them.

ALEXIS S.
Scion xB
12/05/2019
Will come back
I was referred by Franz Foreign Automotive. Dave kept me informed of everything that was happening with my car. He explained things to me that I didnt understand and made me feel comfortable. I am glad I found him as I want to keep my 2006 Scion XB on the road for as long as possible!

MF
MARK & MIRANDA F.
Honda Civic Si
11/23/2019
Best Honda Mechanic
Not cheapest up front, but in the long run probably is. David Sr will call it like it is, and prioritize the repairs in order of importance. He does not skimp on parts or recommendations, and he has kept our 2005 Civic on the road and running well. David has decades of expertise and is always willing to entertain questions and provide guidance and perspective at no cost. After moving to Jacksonville it took me two years to find a good mechanic and I finally settled on David and Japanese Auto Specialist.

ROGER & SHERITON S.
Lexus LS 460
11/19/2019
New headlight walk in
Japanese Auto Specialist were excellent. We stopped in to have a new headlight fitted in our 2007 Lexus and David (the owner) couldn't have been more helpful. He fitted us in straight away and provided coffee while we waited. Doesn't get much better!

ADAM M.
Macclenny, FL
11/19/2019
Simply the best, most honest shop!
I cant praise David and his crew enough!
If you want your vehicle fixed right and by professionals this is the place to go. You may see more on your inspection report than you anticipated but it is simply because it’s what your car needs. They do not pull punches or cut corners. Worth every penny!
My most recent visit was again an exceptional experience.

SK
Sam K.
Atlantic Beach, FL
11/18/2019
Extraordinary diagnostic skills and honest
We have taken our cars to David for 27 years. He has always provided careful, detailed, and comprehensive explanations of his diagnoses and of the needed repairs. We admire his extraordinary diagnostic skills and the honesty which he offers his advice and services to his customers. We have found him to be both a reliable and outstanding mechanic and an utterly ethical businessman. Sam K.

SK
Trustworthy and Expert Service

MIKE G.
Nissan Xterra
11/16/2019
The name of the Business tells the story.
The first impression tells the story, I walked into the shop and it smelled good and was spotless. Then I talked to Dave I'm very skeptical with any mechanic, but as he explained the process for problem. I felt comfortable having the work done there, these guys are very professional and honest. All I can say is I'm going back to Japanese Auto Specialist every time I have a problem with my 2012 Nissan Xterra.

PT
PATRICK & SUSAN T.
11/08/2019
Diamond in the Rough
David and his team make buying/owning/keeping a Japanese car a no-brainer. Quality work at excellent prices (20% off labor for having a Japanese Auto Specialist license plate frame on your car). It's easy to schedule service and work is completed on time. David is very knowledgeable, trustworthy and helps customers keep their autos in tip-top shape.

PO
PATRICIA O.
Mazda MPV
10/31/2019
Excellent service as usual!
Excellent service as usual!

BD
BARRY and JUDY D.
Neptune Beach, FL
10/30/2019
Clear on repair options, efficient, timely, work performed correctly.
Foreign car repairs are expensive, but less here than a dealer and to date,
work has been performed without error.. Owner is knowledgeable and seems trustworthy. I will return and will refer others.

Srinvas S.
10/26/2019 Category: Service
Srinvas said that he was very satisfied. His engine light came on. Srinvas will have them fix that and some other things next week.

KL
KEN L.
10/25/2019
Clean, courteous and professional
I trust and depend on this business for all my automotive needs and will continue to patronize them.

THOMAS and CATHY M.
10/25/2019
Great Service.

GS
GERRY S.
Acura RDX
10/21/2019
Knowledgeable and Fair Prices
Dave is very knowledgeable and honest about what needs (or doesn’t need) to be done for maintenance. Prices are always fair and you don’t feel like you are getting ripped off like at a dealership. An honest mechanic is getting hard to find these days, Dave is a breath of fresh air!

LG
LENORA G.
Care about your car.
Very professional and knowledgeable. Tell you about the problem you having with your car and what needs to be done. Looks over everything. Awesome!!!!

JEANNE C.
10/18/2019
The owner is always on site
Dave is friendly and helpful.

Nissan Armada
Honest & Dependable
I have been going to Dave at Japanese Auto Specialist for about 7 years. He keeps my 2006 Armada on the road. 212k mikes and counting!

Tim B.
Florida
Scion tC
10/17/2019 Category: Service
Tim said he had an excellent experience as usual. They did a superb job and provided fast, same day service at a reasonable price.