BA
Binuv A.
Mitsubishi Mirage G4
04/10/2018 Category: Service
Binuv said he has a 2 year service plan he purchased, and the business honored his plan. The staff has pretty good service.

Jamie L.
Jeep Liberty
03/12/2018
Great but expensive mechanics service
I had a fuel pump on my 2006 Jeep Liberty replaced. I'm not taking anything away from L. D. Automotive in terms of their professional courtesy or the quality of work.
But I do question their honesty in terms of their markup. I researched prices on the genuine OEM fuel pump for my Jeep and the average price was $235. My invoice stated that the part costed L. D. Automotive over $550. That is more than 100% markup on a part that I could have purchased at less than half the price.
People struggle to find an honest, affordable and quality mechanics. L.D. Automotive has a reputation around my area to be the most honest mechanic that provides quality service. But I question their honesty in this day and age where you can easily look up how much a part cost and it comes back at less than half what they charged me.
Why must they mark up the part cost so much? Don't they realize that they have a great reputation and it pays in the long run to develop a long term relationship with customers like many of their customers want to?
I take in my car to L.D. Automotive for repairs I deem to be too difficult for me or is going to cost me more time to complete it. As such, customers like myself are looking for honest pricing on the parts because that is not what I'm paying the mechanics for. I am paying for their expertise in car repair and quality of repair labor. They are a great local mechanic but something just didn't feel right even after a couple of weeks since I got the repair done.

Becca S.
09/28/2017 Category: Service
Becca said they were okay. She asked a question but they did not provide an honest, good or informative answer with options.
L.D. A., Owner from L D Automotive responded on 10/18/2017

Mrs Strom, I apologize that we were not able to provide the answer to the questions you had at the time. We are here to provide the most honest and most   service in the automotive business. If I can help you with anything, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. I notice that it was your first time and we did your state inspection Professional and oil change at the time. We would love for you to continue to come here and let us take care of your future services.

Jonas Cabrera

TJ
Terrell J.
12/29/2016
Trans service
Very nice manager
I appreciate the service provided

EN
Evan N.
Texas
Chevrolet Silverado
12/23/2016 Category: Service
Evan said the service was overpriced. The diagnostic charge did not go towards the work that was done.

SQ
Sam Q.
11/25/2016 Category: Service
Sam said this was the third time he has gone to this facility, to have his oil changed and he always brings his own oil. He said he usually deals with one specific employee and he always charges him the same rate. This time it was a different employee and he tried to charge him a different rate. He said it was a hassle and if the employee he usually deals with had not come along and charged him the correct price, he would of had to pay extra. He also said they delayed his vehicle for 45 minutes to an hour.

Roger S.
Texas
BMW 330xi
02/11/2016 Category: Service
Roger said this business gave him wrong information over the phone.

John S.
Prosper, TX
BMW 335i
12/21/2015 Category: Service
John said it was nothing remarkable and nothing bad.

Jack M.
12/17/2015
Customer Service
I appreciate the quality of the work, but I would suggest a little more attention to detail when it comes to customer service. I am rarely provided a time estimate for my repairs - its always "we'll call you when it's ready" - and it is usually much longer than you would expect. Meanwhile, I am stranded. I have waited until minutes before the shop closes, only to discover that my truck had been ready for some time (in one case), though I was not notified, and in another case, that they had to stay open for an extra 30 minutes to allow me to get my truck back that evening, though it was promised to be ready mid-afternoon. Good service from a price/quality perspective, but poor customer service practices. Still, I recommend this business, but you must insist on a time-to-completion estimate and call back regularly to make sure they haven't forgotten you.