Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

TERRY C.
Nissan Quest
02/12/2016
2008 Nissan window fix
After more research on the Nissan OEM parts, I paid $155 more than the MSRP. If I went to a Nissan dealer I don't think I would have paid more than the MSRP. The shop supplies of $25 was not addressed by Lex's. Although I know some shops charge a % for supplies, I feel $25 was high. I feel a shop supply charge is the cost of doing business and just another way of gouging the customer.

02/12/2016
window motor & regulator replaced on 2008 Nissan Quest
The other day my total bill for this job was $878 which included an oil change. I was charged $445 for the motor and $199 for regulator. When I later searched the web on various auto parts suppliers the motor (new) was $90-115 and the regulator (new) was approx. $70. I was also charged $25 for shop supplies. Obviously I was extremely disappointed, as Lex's was recommended by a friend. I guess I should have done my research before the estimate but when I was told it would cost $80 to put the door panel back on, I decided to go ahead. I ask you, do you think I was treated fairly?
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 02/25/2016

Terry, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. Each and every one helps us to become a better company. Based on the information you have I can certainly understand why you feel the way you do. You're absolutely right, there are cheaper part options out there. As we both know that cheaper doesn't always mean better. While these parts are cheaper, there's a reason for that and the end result is a repair that doesn't last. (the parts you googled were incorrect & didn’t have internal sensors or dual track) The decision we made when we started our business is to provide the very best value we can which means sometimes the repair has an initial higher price but a lower overall cost. And with this part quality, we can provide a 24 Month/24,000 Mile No Hassle Parts & Labor Warranty which is the best in the area. The one thing we did take from your review is to be clearer on any possible diagnostic charges before any work is started.

Tanya, thank you for your response. I checked the other day on a Nissan OEM parts site and the motor was approx $340 MSRP and the regulator $150. If that is what you paid for the parts then I agree that your markup is reasonable. I don't think there was any misinformation that Neil gave me. I just hadn't mentioned the oil change. Again, thank you for your detailed response and addressing my initial issues. Terry C.

CHERYL C.
Bradenton, FL
Honda Accord
12/27/2015
re visited bad review , 100% accountability
I am happy to report that this company read my review and offered me 100% back on the engine block fee that was misdiagnoised. I very much appreciated their follow up and integrity to correct a big mistake.

12/27/2015
you gave me incorrect advice
My car was given a block test and failed. I was told it would be $4,000 or better yet get a new car. However you can't test a block with a bad radiator my radiator needed to be replaced which I learned later. Guess what my car was fine. Went to third mechanic -Honda car expert. Was told a few critical things..like timing belt..to replace and car good for 5 years- no problem. LEX's folks are pleasant, but the car evaluation was totally inaccurate and emotionally devasting until the facts were made clear elsewhere. I will not return to Lex!
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/08/2016

Cheryl came in today and we discussed her vehicle, we refunded her diagnosis charge and ended with a hand shake and a smile. Thank you for your follow up.

Tanya Lex

Joe S.
05/14/2019 Category: Service
Joe said the employees were honest. They provided great service. They provided excellent communication. They completed the work at a great price.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 05/16/2019

Thank you Joe for your business and for taking the time to leave a review. 5 Stars!   Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 05/20/2019

Thank you very much for the 5 star review.  We appreciate your business and thank you for putting your trust in Lex's Automotive with your family's vehicles.   Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

Jefferson A.
Cadillac DeVille
05/06/2019 Category: Service
Jefferson said the work is done right and their prices are decent.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 05/08/2019

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review. Your business is greatly appreciated.  Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

Mike R.
04/17/2019 Category: Service
Mike said they were great with good customer service. He said to keep up the good work.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 04/18/2019

Thank you for allowing Lex's Automotive to service your vehicle. We are glad you were happy with our services.  Thank you for your business.  Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

John D.
04/16/2019 Category: Service
John said he likes Tanya and Lex and it's an honest business to work with.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 04/18/2019

Thank you John for your trust you have placed with us to maintain your van. Have a great summer with your family. Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

AH
ANNE H.
Hyundai Santa Fe
04/05/2019
Very thorough and professional work...
Their work and service is always exceptional and fairly priced.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 04/08/2019

Thank you Anne for allowing us to maintain your vehicle and keep you on the road safely.  We appreciate the review and your business.  Tanya Lex   (941)723-0806

ROBERT G.
04/03/2019
Honesty & integrity!
Lex’s has been my “go-to” garage for a number of years. From my first interaction I found them to be very honest in determining work required and more concerned about my satisfaction than potentially doing more than necessary. My recent experience confirmed this - they could easily have suggested additional repairs at extra cost, but provided me assurance that the vehicle was safe and operable.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 04/04/2019

Thank you very much for your kind words & 5 star review.  We love to hear feedback on how we are performing. We are glad to be of service to you and value you as our customer.

Tanya Lex   (941)723-0806

Thomas B.
03/09/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Thomas. He said the staff was very courteous and he likes the service he received.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/12/2019

Thank you Thomas for taking the time to complete the survey & giving us a 5 STAR rating.  Your business is greatly appreciated. Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

SU
Scott U.
03/06/2019 Category: Service
Scott said the employees were very helpful. They provided outstanding customer service. They provided good work. They provided pictures of his service repairs.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/11/2019

Thank you for choosing Lex's Automotive to repair your Ranger last week.  We appreciate your business. Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

David M.
Pontiac Fiero
03/02/2019 Category: Service
David said the business has a great staff and it was a good experience. They were super friendly and got him in right away. He has a collectible vehicle that a lot of people wouldn't even touch, and they fixed it. They found some minor thing that could have cost him a lot, and saved him a ton of money. They did a good quality service at a super price, they have a clean facility, and they have his future business. He would highly recommend this place.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/11/2019

David, thank you for allowing Lex's Automotive to service your vehicles - it is our pleasure!  We are happy that we were able to locate your oil leak before more damage was caused.  Thank you for your business and referrals.  Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

SD
STEPHANIE D.
02/22/2019
Ease of making appointment
I have confidence in their diagnoses and although the prices are a bit high they stand behind their work .
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 02/25/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, your business is greatly appreciated. Our 36month/36,000 mile warranty is a one of a kind warranty in this area. This warranty continues to assist our customer's satisfaction today and many miles down the road which is our #1 goal.

Tanya Lex

ER
Edward R.
Toyota Camry Solara
02/21/2019 Category: Service
Edward said that the business was reputable, and he would recommend it for service.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/11/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your business is greatly appreciated. Wish we could have seen one more star.   Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

LR
Lori R.
Mercury Grand Marquis
02/21/2019 Category: Service
Lori said she always gets good and prompt service. The employees are very kind people.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 03/11/2019

Lori, thank you for your continued business. Thank you for your 5 Star Review.  Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

RJ
Roger J.
02/20/2019 Category: Service
Roger said he goes to this facility every year and his experiences have always been good.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 02/21/2019

Roger, we appreciate doing business with you and happy to hear that your visits to Lex's Automotive are satisfactory.

Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 02/25/2019

Thank you Roger for allowing us each year to service your vehicle.  It has been our pleasure. Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

KO
Kenneth O.
Chevrolet Avalanche
02/20/2019 Category: Service
Kenneth said they are good. He has been going there for a number of years and he is satisfied.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 02/25/2019

We are sorry to see you move away to Texas, hope you enjoy the weather & cusine.  Stop by to say hi next time your back in town. Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

Shane W.
Ford Transit Wagon
01/23/2019 Category: Service
Shane said the sign outside the business states voted best auto shop in the community. He tried them and experienced the best service.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/28/2019

WOW - Thank you and we are so happy that you had a great experience at Lex's Automotive. We work hard to maintain great customer service & quality workmanship.  It is always nice to hear such nice feedback.   Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

GS
GEORGE S.
Chevrolet Cruze
01/19/2019
Excellent Service.
Lex Automotive always provides excellent and prompt service. I am very satisfied with their service.
Will continue to use them on a regular basis.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/28/2019

Thank you George for allowing us to maintain your Chevy Cruze. It has been our pleasure having you as a customer.  Tanya Lex

RK
Ray K.
Cadillac CTS
01/05/2019 Category: Service
Ray said the facility was clean and the staff professional. He had a coupon for the service.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/28/2019

Thank you for noting how clean our shop is. We pride ourselves on running a clean, respectable automotive shop that is comfortable for our customers. We hope that you enjoy your winter in Florida.  Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

DT
Daniel T.
Tampa, FL
Ford Police Interceptor
12/28/2018 Category: Service
Daniel said they were great, they were really transparent and easy to talk to. He stated he feels they took good care of him.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/28/2019

Thank you for allowing Lex's Automotive to repair your vehicle.  There are many shops in the area & your business is greatly appreciated.  Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806