Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

TERRY C.
Nissan Quest
02/12/2016
2008 Nissan window fix
After more research on the Nissan OEM parts, I paid $155 more than the MSRP. If I went to a Nissan dealer I don't think I would have paid more than the MSRP. The shop supplies of $25 was not addressed by Lex's. Although I know some shops charge a % for supplies, I feel $25 was high. I feel a shop supply charge is the cost of doing business and just another way of gouging the customer.

02/12/2016
window motor & regulator replaced on 2008 Nissan Quest
The other day my total bill for this job was $878 which included an oil change. I was charged $445 for the motor and $199 for regulator. When I later searched the web on various auto parts suppliers the motor (new) was $90-115 and the regulator (new) was approx. $70. I was also charged $25 for shop supplies. Obviously I was extremely disappointed, as Lex's was recommended by a friend. I guess I should have done my research before the estimate but when I was told it would cost $80 to put the door panel back on, I decided to go ahead. I ask you, do you think I was treated fairly?
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 02/25/2016

Terry, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. Each and every one helps us to become a better company. Based on the information you have I can certainly understand why you feel the way you do. You're absolutely right, there are cheaper part options out there. As we both know that cheaper doesn't always mean better. While these parts are cheaper, there's a reason for that and the end result is a repair that doesn't last. (the parts you googled were incorrect & didn’t have internal sensors or dual track) The decision we made when we started our business is to provide the very best value we can which means sometimes the repair has an initial higher price but a lower overall cost. And with this part quality, we can provide a 24 Month/24,000 Mile No Hassle Parts & Labor Warranty which is the best in the area. The one thing we did take from your review is to be clearer on any possible diagnostic charges before any work is started.

Tanya, thank you for your response. I checked the other day on a Nissan OEM parts site and the motor was approx $340 MSRP and the regulator $150. If that is what you paid for the parts then I agree that your markup is reasonable. I don't think there was any misinformation that Neil gave me. I just hadn't mentioned the oil change. Again, thank you for your detailed response and addressing my initial issues. Terry C.

CHERYL C.
Bradenton, FL
Honda Accord
12/27/2015
re visited bad review , 100% accountability
I am happy to report that this company read my review and offered me 100% back on the engine block fee that was misdiagnoised. I very much appreciated their follow up and integrity to correct a big mistake.

12/27/2015
you gave me incorrect advice
My car was given a block test and failed. I was told it would be $4,000 or better yet get a new car. However you can't test a block with a bad radiator my radiator needed to be replaced which I learned later. Guess what my car was fine. Went to third mechanic -Honda car expert. Was told a few critical things..like timing belt..to replace and car good for 5 years- no problem. LEX's folks are pleasant, but the car evaluation was totally inaccurate and emotionally devasting until the facts were made clear elsewhere. I will not return to Lex!
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/08/2016

Cheryl came in today and we discussed her vehicle, we refunded her diagnosis charge and ended with a hand shake and a smile. Thank you for your follow up.

Tanya Lex
(941)723-0806

KAY S.
Cadillac XLR
11/11/2019
Always great service! Thanks for your help!
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 11/12/2019

Thank you Kay for trusting Lex's Automotive over the years with your vehicles.  It is our pleasure serving you.
Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

Susan S.
Punxsutawney, PA
11/11/2019 Category: Service
Susan said it was very good. When she called, she stated her problem. Neil sorted out her concerns, prioritized what she needed to do for safety, ordered the parts and got her into the schedule. She is from out of town, so getting her into the schedule was very important. They were able to get her vehicle done the next day, and they were very timely.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 11/13/2019

We are glad you trusted Lex's Automotive to repair your Subaru Outback and get you safely back on the road.  Thank you for leaving a 5 star review!   Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

KH
Kenneth H.
Mercury Grand Marquis
11/04/2019 Category: Service
Kenneth said he liked the people he met, the information they gave him and the way they fixed it up.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 11/06/2019

Thank you again for your business and allowing Lex's Automotive to service your Grand Marquis. Please let us know what we can do to earn 5 stars next time. Have a great week.  Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

GS
GEORGE S.
Chevrolet Cruze
11/01/2019
Excellent and prompt service as usual.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 11/04/2019

Thank you George for your business and being such a great customer over the years. Hope you have a great holiday season and will see you next year.   Tanya Lex

RL
Rick L.
10/24/2019 Category: Service
Rick said the business has good service and good information.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 10/28/2019

Thank you for allowing Lex's Automotive to service your Ford F-150 last week.  We greatly appreciate your business.  Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

RD
Ray D.
10/04/2019 Category: Service
Ray said that everything was done satisfactorily and timely.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 10/07/2019

Thank you Ray for allowing us to repair your Ford Focus and get you back on the road.  Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

PS
Paul S.
09/26/2019 Category: Service
Paul said the business did everything they said they would do in a timely manner.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 09/30/2019

Thank you Paul for taking the time to leave a review, your business is greatly appreciated.  We strive to give excellent service and to repair the vehicle as quickly as possible as we all know having a car down is always inconvenient.  Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

MF
Matt F.
GMC Savana Cargo Van
09/25/2019 Category: Service
Matt said they did a great job. The staff was friendly. He would highly recommend them
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 09/27/2019

Thank you Matt for allowing us to maintain your company fleet vehicles. Your business is greatly appreciated.  Tanya Lex

Jim K.
Cadillac Escalade EXT
09/13/2019 Category: Service
Jim said he is bringing it back. This staff told him the transmission was leaking but another facility told him it was the engine oil filter. The vehicle is still doing the same thing, the rear brakes are still hanging up. He has been going to this place for years and has recommended it.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 09/20/2019

Vehicle was brought back on Friday and determined that the transmission is still leaking and the symptom is from the transmission not engaging properly and not the brakes grabbing.  Was able to show Jim the leak after removing the inspection cover of the transmission.  Customer is returning vehicle to where the transmission was rebuilt recently.  We appreciate letting us have the opportunity to re inspect and confirm the problem.  Please keep in touch with the outcome.  Thank you.  Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

GS
GEORGE S.
Chevrolet Cruze
08/28/2019
Needed an oil change.
In preparation for a long trip, contacted Lex Auto for an appointment. Worked me in and with very fast service and excellent work. Very satisfied with Lex.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 09/04/2019

George, Thank you for allowing Lex's Automotive to service your vehicles the past few years. Your business is greatly appreciated.

Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

LW
LORNA W.
08/18/2019
Convience and friendly service.
Lex's does great work. Convient location and friendly service.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 08/23/2019

Thank you Lorna for allowing Lex's Automotive to service your vehicle over the years.  Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

Mike D.
08/09/2019 Category: Service
Mike said the staff did a great job and once he finds a good mechanic, he stays with him, and he will be doing future business with Lex.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 08/12/2019

It was our pleasure working with you and servicing your Silverado.  Welcome to the neighborhood. Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

HJ
Harold J.
Hyundai Santa Fe
08/06/2019 Category: Service
Harold said the staff did what he asked them to do.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 08/12/2019

Thank you for the 5 star review Harold.  We aim to please.

Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

RAYNA C.
Nissan JUKE
08/03/2019
Always professional,
Lexs is a friendly competent auto service. I’ve been going to
Lex for a dozen years and never disappointed, Always kind even when giving bad news. As a single woman, never feel like I am taken,,or talked into things, I highly recommend it to all my friends
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 08/05/2019

Thank you so much for your 5 star review, we are so appreciative for your referrals and business. Have a great week. Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

Leroy M.
07/24/2019 Category: Service
Leroy said the business does quality work. They are patient and they provide good communication.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 07/26/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time and leaving a review. Hope that you have a great weekend.  Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

Rick S.
Ford Expedition
07/24/2019 Category: Service
Rick said the service was good. The work was convenient.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 07/26/2019

Thank you Rick for allowing us to maintain your Expedition with all the fluid services needed.  We greatly appreciate your business. Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

Jason K.
Bradenton, FL
07/19/2019 Category: Service
Jason said his overall experience was good.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 07/23/2019

Thank you Jason for allowing us to get your Honda Pilot back to 100%.  It was our pleasure working with you as well.
Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

CR
Clark R.
07/17/2019 Category: Service
Clark said that the place was good.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 07/19/2019

Thank you Clark for allowing us to repair your work vehicle. We are glad you were pleased that we were able to get the F450 truck back within a few hours, replacing the alternator. Tanya Lex (941)723-0806