TC
TERRY C.
Nissan Quest
02/12/2016
2008 Nissan window fix
After more research on the Nissan OEM parts, I paid $155 more than the MSRP. If I went to a Nissan dealer I don't think I would have paid more than the MSRP. The shop supplies of $25 was not addressed by Lex's. Although I know some shops charge a % for supplies, I feel $25 was high. I feel a shop supply charge is the cost of doing business and just another way of gouging the customer.

02/12/2016
window motor & regulator replaced on 2008 Nissan Quest
The other day my total bill for this job was $878 which included an oil change. I was charged $445 for the motor and $199 for regulator. When I later searched the web on various auto parts suppliers the motor (new) was $90-115 and the regulator (new) was approx. $70. I was also charged $25 for shop supplies. Obviously I was extremely disappointed, as Lex's was recommended by a friend. I guess I should have done my research before the estimate but when I was told it would cost $80 to put the door panel back on, I decided to go ahead. I ask you, do you think I was treated fairly?
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 02/25/2016

Terry, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. Each and every one helps us to become a better company. Based on the information you have I can certainly understand why you feel the way you do. You're absolutely right, there are cheaper part options out there. As we both know that cheaper doesn't always mean better. While these parts are cheaper, there's a reason for that and the end result is a repair that doesn't last. (the parts you googled were incorrect & didn’t have internal sensors or dual track) The decision we made when we started our business is to provide the very best value we can which means sometimes the repair has an initial higher price but a lower overall cost. And with this part quality, we can provide a 24 Month/24,000 Mile No Hassle Parts & Labor Warranty which is the best in the area. The one thing we did take from your review is to be clearer on any possible diagnostic charges before any work is started.

Tanya, thank you for your response. I checked the other day on a Nissan OEM parts site and the motor was approx $340 MSRP and the regulator $150. If that is what you paid for the parts then I agree that your markup is reasonable. I don't think there was any misinformation that Neil gave me. I just hadn't mentioned the oil change. Again, thank you for your detailed response and addressing my initial issues. Terry C.

CHERYL C.
Bradenton, FL
Honda Accord
12/27/2015
re visited bad review , 100% accountability
I am happy to report that this company read my review and offered me 100% back on the engine block fee that was misdiagnoised. I very much appreciated their follow up and integrity to correct a big mistake.

12/27/2015
you gave me incorrect advice
My car was given a block test and failed. I was told it would be $4,000 or better yet get a new car. However you can't test a block with a bad radiator my radiator needed to be replaced which I learned later. Guess what my car was fine. Went to third mechanic -Honda car expert. Was told a few critical things..like timing belt..to replace and car good for 5 years- no problem. LEX's folks are pleasant, but the car evaluation was totally inaccurate and emotionally devasting until the facts were made clear elsewhere. I will not return to Lex!
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/08/2016

Cheryl came in today and we discussed her vehicle, we refunded her diagnosis charge and ended with a hand shake and a smile. Thank you for your follow up.

Tanya Lex
(941)723-0806

Dian W.
Bradenton, FL
Chrysler PT Cruiser
02/18/2020 Category: Service
Dian said the business was very professional, very informative and she was also very pleased with their service.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 02/20/2020

Thank you for leaving a review, your business is greatly appreciated. It was our pleasure assisting you with your automotive needs.  Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

Donald L.
Sun City Center, FL
Ford Edge
01/16/2020 Category: Service
Donald said this business was recommended to him and he would recommend it to others. They provided very good service for him.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/20/2020

Thank you very much for a 5 Star Review.  We greatly appreciate your business and the recommendations.  Glad we can assist you the other day with you Ford Edge, have a great week.

Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

PN
PETE N.
01/13/2020
Truck repair
Great folks and great service!
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/14/2020

Thank you Pete!  It has been our pleasure working with you and your family's vehicles over the past years. Have a great week.
Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

TT
Tony T.
01/09/2020
Thank you Lex’s Automotive and their team for assisting my wife with her car. They were able to get her in right away and was completed within a few hours. They sent me a digital inspection with pictures of the parts needed which is a great piece of mind. “Pictures are worth a thousand words”
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/10/2020

Thank you very much Tony for allowing Lex's Automotive to assist your wife with her car troubles.  If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know.  Thank you both for your business.   Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

Jim K.
Buick LeSabre
01/09/2020 Category: Service
Jim said he liked that the business treated him fair.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/13/2020

Thank you Jim for taking the time to leave a review - 5 Stars!
Lex's Automotive would like to thank you for your business.
Tanya Lex    (941)723-0806

CJ
Curtis J.
Pontiac G6
01/03/2020 Category: Service
Curtis said the service is good. This is his third time at this business. He had no problems with this business. He is satisfied.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/06/2020

Curtis, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Keeping our customers satisfied and their vehicles running smoothly is always our top priority.   Tanya Lex  (941)723-0806

GA
George A.
Harborcreek, PA
Chrysler 300
01/03/2020 Category: Service
George said the business is the best and they always treat him good.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 01/06/2020

Thank you George for allowing Lex's Automotive to service your Chrysler last week, We greatly appreciate your business. Tanya Lex

PB
PAUL B.
Mercury Grand Marquis
12/25/2019
Service and Integrity ; With Capitals “S” & “I”
On Monday evening, Dec 23rd., for the first time, my ever-reliable car let me down!
After starting, the engine would not remain running at normal idling speed, and so could not be driven.
Had it towed to Lex’s Automotive who advised it would be attended to early that afternoon.

At approx. 2.30 P.M. Neil, Service Mgr. phoned to advise the car was ready, and that they could not find anything wrong with it.! He said that it started readily for them several times . . . . without any work on it. He further stated that there is yet an uncertainty of exactly what the problem might be, but the car has run perfectly well in the past two days.

Neil was very candid, stating “We don’t want to start spending your money for no good reason”.

To me, this reflected a high level of INTEGRITY in their business culture. Despite being in the position of being able to assess charges, the bottom line of their Invoice read $0.00 !

What a pleasant surprise this was to me. . and what a reflection of HONESTY and INTEGRITY. it was on Lex’s Automotive.

Would I take my car there again ? Would I recommend Lex’s Automotive to others?
Response to each question is . . . UNDOUBTEDLY YES
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 12/30/2019

Paul, We are overwhelmed with your positive review. Lex's Automotive strives to continually provide excellent service and provide our customers quality work in a timely matter.  Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review and allowing Lex's Automotive to service your vehicle.

Tanya Lex
(941)723-0806

JOHN B.
Cadillac SRX
12/20/2019
John Berkey 2007 Cadillac
Very pleased. I took my vehicle in because of the noise I was experiencing. I had informed him at the onset that the noise stopped the night before. However Alex and the entire team went to great links to a sure that there was no issues with the car. Including driving for over 45 minutes removing all the wheels checking the braking system steering etc. very very pleased.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 12/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time and leaving a review. Lex's Automotive will always go the extra mile for our customers.
Happy customers = 25 years in businesss.  Wishing you & your family a Merry Christmas - Lex, Tanya & staff.

Summer S.
12/18/2019 Category: Service
Summer said the business has great service, good prices, and Neal is great.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 12/19/2019

Thank you for allowing Lex's Automotive to repair your Ford Fusion and get you back on the road.  We love hearing that our staff is doing a great job & our customers are satisfied with their service provided.  Merry Christmas to you and your family.  Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

Marion R.
Hyundai Santa Fe
12/13/2019 Category: Service
Marion said he's very pleased with this business and their service. He said he's pleased with the outcome.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 12/18/2019

Thank you for leaving a review. It was our pleasure working with you and servicing your vehicle.  Wishing you & your family a Merry Christmas.     Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

Cameron S.
Chrysler Sebring
12/04/2019 Category: Service
Cameron said he wishes his vehicle could have been done a little sooner, but they were inexpensive and did a good job.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 12/06/2019

Thank you for trusting Lex's Automotive with repairing your Sebring. We thank you for your feedback and appreciate your patience with us diagnosing your electrical issues which takes time. Glad we were able to get you back on the road before the Thanksgiving holiday.  Wishing you & your family a Merry Christmas.  Tanya Lex (941)723-0806

DT
Dion T.
12/03/2019 Category: Service
Dion said they were short with him when he dropped his vehicle off. He said they could have been more welcoming.
Tanya L. from Lex's Automotive responded on 12/05/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and giving us feedback from you visit.  We value your input and addressing it with our staff.  Wiching you and your family a Merry Christmas from Lex's Automotive