Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5
Latest Review about 1 month ago

J D.
Fort Walton Beach, FL
05/27/2019
POOR ETHICS AND LACK OF INTEGRITY....POOR QUALITY OF STAFF AND SERVICE...CRIMINALS
The one star is just for the opportunity to put this review here. My fiancé used this company for a windshield replacement. They will not own up to their errors/mistakes and now she is having to drive her vehicle with a continuous, extremely loud, annoying noise resulting from a poor install. The windshield was positioned too low during installation and is not positioned correctly to the cowl. I can't have a phone conversation with her when she is driving because the noise is so loud. They refused to make this right. They treat her as if SHE has done something wrong. They keep telling her that they will look into this and never call her back. This is wrong on so many levels. They have falsified reports to the insurance company and Safelite. They are liars and extremely rude. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE.

QL
Quin L.
Port Saint Joe, FL
05/15/2018
recommend
David replaced windshield in my truck on may 8, 2018, in Port St Joe. We have not had enough rain to check for leaks but David was very systematic and professional so I don't expect any issues. The steaks were a nice touch and my wife and I have eaten 2 of them and they were tasty. Thanks again..

EG
Ethan G.
Pensacola, FL
08/25/2016
Very disappointed
I chose Lloyds because they were a small business and I wanted to give my business to them. I was getting a windshield replaced in my wifes car which we were about to sell. I brought it in at 3:00 and I left at 3:50 with a new windshield. On my way home, I noticed something that looked wet on the passenger side of my dash. When I got home, I tried to wipe it off only to find that the texture of the dash rubbed off where the liquid was. I am 100% positive that there was nothing on my dash prior to letting them replace my windshield. I spoke with the technician who did the work, Oliver, and he only denied that there was any chemicals used and tried to blame it on a Mazda "sticky dash" recall. This recall is real, but my dash was unaffected when I got there but magically "sticky" in some very localized areas when there work was finished. Also, I googled pictures of affected Mazda "sticky dashes" and they looked nothing like what happened to my dash. Somewhere in the process they got a chemical on my dash. I spoke with the manager, Ian, and he also passively denied responsibility. The only solution he offered was for me to take it to Mazda and have them fix it under their recall to avoid Lloyds having to pay to have their mistake fixed. Long story short, I understand mistakes happen, but two people at this location wouldn't take accountability for a mistake that I know happened in their shop and make it right. I also called and left multiple messages on multiple days for the manager, Ian, to call me again. He has yet to return my call again.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 08/29/2016

Mr. Golson,

I am sorry that you are disappointed with our service, but as I explained on the telephone, there is a factory recall on your dashboard, covering all vehicles from 2008 to 2012, and Mazda has assumed responsibility for any repairs neccessary to correct what you are experiencing.  Unfortunately, since this is such a widespread issue, the parts are not available at this time in order to make repairs to your vehicle.

At the time of service, it was noted that your vehicle exhibited the issue described in the recall, therefore we did not clean or make any attempts to wipe down your dashboard, nor do we use any chemicals to treat your windshield or surrounding area.

When you explained to me on the phone, that you had cleaned the "wet" area with mean green degreaser, and the finish of your dash came off with the cleaner, I was not surprised.  The combination of an aggressive degreaser, and the "melting dash" problem acknowledged by Mazda would undoubtably cause the affected area to lose it's texture.

At Lloyd's Glass we stand behind our work, and make mistakes from time to time that need to be addressed, this is not a circumstance under which we made an error, or caused damange.  This is a well documented issue, that can only be addressed directly by factory recall.

I regret that we are unable to satisfy your request for repair and hope that you will reconsider your position given the fact that Mazda has acknowledged and accepted responsibility for the issue that you're experiencing.

I thought we had covered everything in our last conversation, but I will call you, again to make sure that I've covered everything with you, and apologize if you have tried to reach me since our last contact.

Thanks,

Ian

Stephen M.
Florida
05/28/2015
Poor quality and workmanship work, looks like amateurs, very disappointed.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 06/09/2015

Yipes! I just reviewed this with my staff and would LOVE the opportunity to clear up this confusion. Please call asap.

Monte M.
Florida
01/15/2014
Office personnel lady was so very nice and great to work with! So was the tech.

GH
George H.
02/10/2013
It's been about 3 weeks and still not finished. 1st windshield was not sealed right, had a big air leak, they tried to fix it and that still did not work, now they are to replace it and I've been waiting about a week now and no windshield, what would you do or think about a business like this?
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 02/13/2013
Sir, I sincerely apologize for the issue that you have experienced and the delay in our fixing it. I have rectified the scheduling issue, and we will have this issue resolved for you tomorrow. Sorry again for the delay,

MK
Michael K.
08/04/2012
Unsatisfactory
After being recommended by a colleague, I used Lloyd's to replace my BMW windshield.
Three days later my mirror fell down while driving.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 09/17/2012
Mr. Knecht, I am very sorry that you had a bad experience with our company. With all of the modern conveniences that are built in to today's vehicles, the rear view mirrors can be quite heavy. During the manufacturing process, a metal bracket is glued to the windshield by the manufacturer, and a very small percentage of these brackets do not properly adhere to the glass. I am very sorry that yours was one of them and I am glad that we were able to get the mirror re-attached with no further issues. The manufacturer has been notified of the issue that we had with your windshield and I hope that if you are in need of our services, that you would not hesitate to call. Thank you for your business!

Royce C.
Freeport, FL
02/08/2012
I spoke too soon!
After the body shop resealed my windshield and installed a new headliner I still had a leak and the new headliner was wet.
I took it back and they applied more sealant and used a dryer on the headliner.
The next morning I noticed that my new headliner was burned. I took it back to show the burn marks.
They agreed to replace the headliner. I said wanted to wait and be sure it won't leak. I was promised that it would not leak.
The next morning it was leaking.
When I went back they fixed the rust, replaced the headliner and the windshield.
Storms passed through all night. Car stayed dry.

02/08/2012
Windshield
My windshield was not installed properly.
The leak caused my headliner to fall.
I had to spend another $300 to have my windshield sealed and my headliner replaced.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 02/21/2012
Mr. Cly, I am sorry that you had difficulty with the body shop's work and improper diagnosis of our windshield installation. I hope that you are able to get everything fully resolved with them. Thank you!

DA
David A.
FL
01/11/2012
I chose Lloyds to give a local company some busisness. I called with 2 cars that needed dings in windshield to be repaired. I was told they could not come to my home or office because they needed a clean environment for the work to be done. We drove all the way to the otherside of Pensacola from Perdido key to get the work done, only to see the man repairing our windshieds outside under a tree??? This is a clean environment? Why do you advertise you will come to home or work? Oh and they didn't even clean my windshild! He just wiped off the area around the ding.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 01/27/2012
Mr. Anderson, I sincerely apologize that you had a bad experience with our company. We do offer a mobile service when we are performing windshield replacements. When we perform a windshield repair, we find that since it is only a 15-20 minute process most customers don't mind bringing the vehicle to our shop to have the work done. If this did not meet your needs, the customer service representative should have made arrangements that did. The resin that we use to repair windshields cures with ultraviolet light, and the sunlight is the most efficient means to cure the repair, this is the reason that we pulled your vehicle into the sun to complete the process. I appreciate your review and we will use the information to improve our operation. We strive for complete satisfaction and if there is anything that can be done in the future to earn your business please do not hesitate to contact us.