J D.
Fort Walton Beach, FL
05/27/2019
POOR ETHICS AND LACK OF INTEGRITY....POOR QUALITY OF STAFF AND SERVICE...CRIMINALS
The one star is just for the opportunity to put this review here. My fiancé used this company for a windshield replacement. They will not own up to their errors/mistakes and now she is having to drive her vehicle with a continuous, extremely loud, annoying noise resulting from a poor install. The windshield was positioned too low during installation and is not positioned correctly to the cowl. I can't have a phone conversation with her when she is driving because the noise is so loud. They refused to make this right. They treat her as if SHE has done something wrong. They keep telling her that they will look into this and never call her back. This is wrong on so many levels. They have falsified reports to the insurance company and Safelite. They are liars and extremely rude. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE.

QL
Quin L.
Port Saint Joe, FL
05/15/2018
recommend
David replaced windshield in my truck on may 8, 2018, in Port St Joe. We have not had enough rain to check for leaks but David was very systematic and professional so I don't expect any issues. The steaks were a nice touch and my wife and I have eaten 2 of them and they were tasty. Thanks again..

EG
Ethan G.
Pensacola, FL
08/25/2016
Very disappointed
I chose Lloyds because they were a small business and I wanted to give my business to them. I was getting a windshield replaced in my wifes car which we were about to sell. I brought it in at 3:00 and I left at 3:50 with a new windshield. On my way home, I noticed something that looked wet on the passenger side of my dash. When I got home, I tried to wipe it off only to find that the texture of the dash rubbed off where the liquid was. I am 100% positive that there was nothing on my dash prior to letting them replace my windshield. I spoke with the technician who did the work, Oliver, and he only denied that there was any chemicals used and tried to blame it on a Mazda "sticky dash" recall. This recall is real, but my dash was unaffected when I got there but magically "sticky" in some very localized areas when there work was finished. Also, I googled pictures of affected Mazda "sticky dashes" and they looked nothing like what happened to my dash. Somewhere in the process they got a chemical on my dash. I spoke with the manager, Ian, and he also passively denied responsibility. The only solution he offered was for me to take it to Mazda and have them fix it under their recall to avoid Lloyds having to pay to have their mistake fixed. Long story short, I understand mistakes happen, but two people at this location wouldn't take accountability for a mistake that I know happened in their shop and make it right. I also called and left multiple messages on multiple days for the manager, Ian, to call me again. He has yet to return my call again.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 08/29/2016

Mr. Golson,

I am sorry that you are disappointed with our service, but as I explained on the telephone, there is a factory recall on your dashboard, covering all vehicles from 2008 to 2012, and Mazda has assumed responsibility for any repairs neccessary to correct what you are experiencing.  Unfortunately, since this is such a widespread issue, the parts are not available at this time in order to make repairs to your vehicle.

At the time of service, it was noted that your vehicle exhibited the issue described in the recall, therefore we did not clean or make any attempts to wipe down your dashboard, nor do we use any chemicals to treat your windshield or surrounding area.

When you explained to me on the phone, that you had cleaned the "wet" area with mean green degreaser, and the finish of your dash came off with the cleaner, I was not surprised.  The combination of an aggressive degreaser, and the "melting dash" problem acknowledged by Mazda would undoubtably cause the affected area to lose it's texture.

At Lloyd's Glass we stand behind our work, and make mistakes from time to time that need to be addressed, this is not a circumstance under which we made an error, or caused damange.  This is a well documented issue, that can only be addressed directly by factory recall.

I regret that we are unable to satisfy your request for repair and hope that you will reconsider your position given the fact that Mazda has acknowledged and accepted responsibility for the issue that you're experiencing.

I thought we had covered everything in our last conversation, but I will call you, again to make sure that I've covered everything with you, and apologize if you have tried to reach me since our last contact.

Thanks,

Ian

Stephen M.
05/28/2015
Poor quality and workmanship work, looks like amateurs, very disappointed.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 06/09/2015

Yipes! I just reviewed this with my staff and would LOVE the opportunity to clear up this confusion. Please call asap.

Monte M.
01/15/2014
Office personnel lady was so very nice and great to work with! So was the tech.

GH
George H.
02/10/2013
It's been about 3 weeks and still not finished. 1st windshield was not sealed right, had a big air leak, they tried to fix it and that still did not work, now they are to replace it and I've been waiting about a week now and no windshield, what would you do or think about a business like this?
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 02/13/2013
Sir, I sincerely apologize for the issue that you have experienced and the delay in our fixing it. I have rectified the scheduling issue, and we will have this issue resolved for you tomorrow. Sorry again for the delay,

MK
Michael K.
08/04/2012
Unsatisfactory
After being recommended by a colleague, I used Lloyd's to replace my BMW windshield.
Three days later my mirror fell down while driving.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 09/17/2012
Mr. Knecht, I am very sorry that you had a bad experience with our company. With all of the modern conveniences that are built in to today's vehicles, the rear view mirrors can be quite heavy. During the manufacturing process, a metal bracket is glued to the windshield by the manufacturer, and a very small percentage of these brackets do not properly adhere to the glass. I am very sorry that yours was one of them and I am glad that we were able to get the mirror re-attached with no further issues. The manufacturer has been notified of the issue that we had with your windshield and I hope that if you are in need of our services, that you would not hesitate to call. Thank you for your business!

Royce C.
Freeport, FL
02/08/2012
I spoke too soon!
After the body shop resealed my windshield and installed a new headliner I still had a leak and the new headliner was wet.
I took it back and they applied more sealant and used a dryer on the headliner.
The next morning I noticed that my new headliner was burned. I took it back to show the burn marks.
They agreed to replace the headliner. I said wanted to wait and be sure it won't leak. I was promised that it would not leak.
The next morning it was leaking.
When I went back they fixed the rust, replaced the headliner and the windshield.
Storms passed through all night. Car stayed dry.

02/08/2012
Windshield
My windshield was not installed properly.
The leak caused my headliner to fall.
I had to spend another $300 to have my windshield sealed and my headliner replaced.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 02/21/2012
Mr. Cly, I am sorry that you had difficulty with the body shop's work and improper diagnosis of our windshield installation. I hope that you are able to get everything fully resolved with them. Thank you!

DA
David A.
FL
01/11/2012
I chose Lloyds to give a local company some busisness. I called with 2 cars that needed dings in windshield to be repaired. I was told they could not come to my home or office because they needed a clean environment for the work to be done. We drove all the way to the otherside of Pensacola from Perdido key to get the work done, only to see the man repairing our windshieds outside under a tree??? This is a clean environment? Why do you advertise you will come to home or work? Oh and they didn't even clean my windshild! He just wiped off the area around the ding.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 01/27/2012
Mr. Anderson, I sincerely apologize that you had a bad experience with our company. We do offer a mobile service when we are performing windshield replacements. When we perform a windshield repair, we find that since it is only a 15-20 minute process most customers don't mind bringing the vehicle to our shop to have the work done. If this did not meet your needs, the customer service representative should have made arrangements that did. The resin that we use to repair windshields cures with ultraviolet light, and the sunlight is the most efficient means to cure the repair, this is the reason that we pulled your vehicle into the sun to complete the process. I appreciate your review and we will use the information to improve our operation. We strive for complete satisfaction and if there is anything that can be done in the future to earn your business please do not hesitate to contact us.

BP
Brianne P.
10/31/2017
I had to go back three times before my windshield replacement was completed. The first installation broke clips so I was required to come back for the install of those. I was told this would only take 15 minutes but I was there for an hour and a half. Then, a week later, rain came and I discovered my windshield was installed incorrectly because the interior of my car was covered in water. The roof meeting the windshield was so soaked it was dripping down on my dashboard. It took another few hours to complete this. The part that was most sad was that I watched multiple customers come and go before mine was completed, each given a box of steaks for their use of this business. Three visits for me but did not get steaks.

MK
Marina K.
05/26/2015
I'm very unhappy with the work that was performed, the fabric where the glass was replaced is now pealing, I have a 2013 Mercedes, and fabric near the windshield is ruined
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 06/09/2015

Thanks for the comments Marina. As you know we are just waiting for you to give us access to the car next time you are in town. All will be made right.

James R.
10/21/2014
The representative at the front desk was not friendly and did not genuinely care about my problem. He was totally focused on the business, not solving a problem. However, the glass technician was great. He cared and explained the work step-by-step that was involved. Very good.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 11/12/2014

Robert - So sorry that you viewed Dan's attempt to explain that 5 seperate chips on a windshield are to many to repair. With that amount of damage, replacement is cheaper and the insurance companies give us a rough time if we try to file a claim for that many chips. I believe we got to a good place with you by the end of the interaction.

Matthew W.
04/03/2014
The first windshield was damaged. It had a nick on the top driver's corner. This should have been identified during installation. (Looked like damage from shipping). Additionally, the plastic mirror guard clip was broken. The technician played it off as a "pre-existing" condition and made the statement of "yeah, I meant to say something about that." Both door jams were filthy from the technician's black sole shoes. NOTE: The customer service rep was very friendly and helpful.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 05/09/2014

SO SORRY Mr. Wayman. Roy is a GREAT tech but he sure didn't follow our "Golden Rule" on your car. Inspect closely BEFORE you start the job and realize that we will own anything that we don't point out. I know we took care of everything for you the very next day and I hope you will give us another chance in the future. Pleased to know that you were impressed with our Shannon (our CSR).

TF
Thomas F.
Illinois
03/05/2014
I tried to get an appointment for a repair. Was told to 'just come in' and the job would be done in about 20 minutes. Over an hour later, myself and the three people with me were still waiting. I was told they had just gotten very busy. My van was in the shop over 40 minutes. When you are busy, why does it take longer to do a job? I am from out of town so I have little chance to defend myself.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 03/06/2014

Mr. Thomas,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in servicing your vehicle.

Under most circumstances chip repairs only take 20-30 minutes. Regrettably, the day that you visited the shop we were tremendously busy and that required one of our technicians to work on both your vehicle, as well as another customer's vehicle at the same time to try to minimize the delay for both parties.

The process itself did not take any longer, our technician just wasn't focused on your job exclusively.

Once again, I am very sorry for the delay, and we intend to adjust our time estimates to cover any variables that may occur.

Thank you for your business!

RD
Russell D.
Pensacola, FL
10/13/2013
Hire techs who care about client property
Lloyd's may be a good glass company, but I can't recommend them after my experience. There were scratches on the hood and dash of my new truck, but not bad enough for me to take time to have it repaired. Cosmetic defects in the windshield sealing and issues with communication were the nail in the coffin. Nice guys on the phone and very willing to make amends, but next time I'll try to find someone who does it right the first time.

10/13/2013
Would not recommend
There are three issues which would not lead me to recommend this glass service. First, the technician did not call before he arrived on site. I thought I had left my truck unlocked when I left for lunch, but I had to abandon my meal when the technician called saying he was at my truck and it was locked. Second, the quality of work was not ideal. A portion of the top interface of the windshield does not seem glued properly and I am carefully watching it to see if it leaks. Third, and most of all, there was a 3/4 inch scratch to the dashboard of my four-month old truck.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 10/28/2013

Mr. Durham,

After our conversation I was happy to learn that the windshield is not leaking and that you are not as concerned with the experience as you initially indicated here. My offer to address and correct any and all issues stands, should you decide that you are in fact dissatisfied. We appreciate your business and hope that you will consider us in the future.

Respectfully,

Ian Lintner

Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 11/18/2013

Mr. Durham,

We strive for perfection on every job, and hire the best Technicians in the industry in an effort to achieve this goal, admittedly there are few occasions that we do fall short of perfection. If and when allowed, you will find that our customer service skills in handling and remedying any situation that does not meet our customer's expectations will never fall short. My offer stands to correct and and all issues with your vehicle, if given the opportunity. I truly hope that you will allow us to make corrections and remedy the situation, earning your recommendation and future business.

Respectfully,