Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5
Overall Rating 1.5/5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5rating 1.5

BP
Brianne P.
10/31/2017
I had to go back three times before my windshield replacement was completed. The first installation broke clips so I was required to come back for the install of those. I was told this would only take 15 minutes but I was there for an hour and a half. Then, a week later, rain came and I discovered my windshield was installed incorrectly because the interior of my car was covered in water. The roof meeting the windshield was so soaked it was dripping down on my dashboard. It took another few hours to complete this. The part that was most sad was that I watched multiple customers come and go before mine was completed, each given a box of steaks for their use of this business. Three visits for me but did not get steaks.

MK
Marina K.
05/26/2015
I'm very unhappy with the work that was performed, the fabric where the glass was replaced is now pealing, I have a 2013 Mercedes, and fabric near the windshield is ruined
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 06/09/2015

Thanks for the comments Marina. As you know we are just waiting for you to give us access to the car next time you are in town. All will be made right.

James R.
10/21/2014
The representative at the front desk was not friendly and did not genuinely care about my problem. He was totally focused on the business, not solving a problem. However, the glass technician was great. He cared and explained the work step-by-step that was involved. Very good.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 11/12/2014

Robert - So sorry that you viewed Dan's attempt to explain that 5 seperate chips on a windshield are to many to repair. With that amount of damage, replacement is cheaper and the insurance companies give us a rough time if we try to file a claim for that many chips. I believe we got to a good place with you by the end of the interaction.

Matthew W.
04/03/2014
The first windshield was damaged. It had a nick on the top driver's corner. This should have been identified during installation. (Looked like damage from shipping). Additionally, the plastic mirror guard clip was broken. The technician played it off as a "pre-existing" condition and made the statement of "yeah, I meant to say something about that." Both door jams were filthy from the technician's black sole shoes. NOTE: The customer service rep was very friendly and helpful.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 05/09/2014

SO SORRY Mr. Wayman. Roy is a GREAT tech but he sure didn't follow our "Golden Rule" on your car. Inspect closely BEFORE you start the job and realize that we will own anything that we don't point out. I know we took care of everything for you the very next day and I hope you will give us another chance in the future. Pleased to know that you were impressed with our Shannon (our CSR).

TF
Thomas F.
Illinois
03/05/2014
I tried to get an appointment for a repair. Was told to 'just come in' and the job would be done in about 20 minutes. Over an hour later, myself and the three people with me were still waiting. I was told they had just gotten very busy. My van was in the shop over 40 minutes. When you are busy, why does it take longer to do a job? I am from out of town so I have little chance to defend myself.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 03/06/2014

Mr. Thomas,

We sincerely apologize for the delay in servicing your vehicle.

Under most circumstances chip repairs only take 20-30 minutes. Regrettably, the day that you visited the shop we were tremendously busy and that required one of our technicians to work on both your vehicle, as well as another customer's vehicle at the same time to try to minimize the delay for both parties.

The process itself did not take any longer, our technician just wasn't focused on your job exclusively.

Once again, I am very sorry for the delay, and we intend to adjust our time estimates to cover any variables that may occur.

Thank you for your business!

RD
Russell D.
Pensacola, FL
10/13/2013
Hire techs who care about client property
Lloyd's may be a good glass company, but I can't recommend them after my experience. There were scratches on the hood and dash of my new truck, but not bad enough for me to take time to have it repaired. Cosmetic defects in the windshield sealing and issues with communication were the nail in the coffin. Nice guys on the phone and very willing to make amends, but next time I'll try to find someone who does it right the first time.

Would not recommend
There are three issues which would not lead me to recommend this glass service. First, the technician did not call before he arrived on site. I thought I had left my truck unlocked when I left for lunch, but I had to abandon my meal when the technician called saying he was at my truck and it was locked. Second, the quality of work was not ideal. A portion of the top interface of the windshield does not seem glued properly and I am carefully watching it to see if it leaks. Third, and most of all, there was a 3/4 inch scratch to the dashboard of my four-month old truck.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 10/28/2013

Mr. Durham,

After our conversation I was happy to learn that the windshield is not leaking and that you are not as concerned with the experience as you initially indicated here. My offer to address and correct any and all issues stands, should you decide that you are in fact dissatisfied. We appreciate your business and hope that you will consider us in the future.

Ian Lintner

Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 11/18/2013

Mr. Durham,

We strive for perfection on every job, and hire the best Technicians in the industry in an effort to achieve this goal, admittedly there are few occasions that we do fall short of perfection. If and when allowed, you will find that our customer service skills in handling and remedying any situation that does not meet our customer's expectations will never fall short. My offer stands to correct and and all issues with your vehicle, if given the opportunity. I truly hope that you will allow us to make corrections and remedy the situation, earning your recommendation and future business.

Ian Lintner

RD
Russell D.
Georgia
10/13/2013
There are three issues which would not lead me to recommend this glass service. First, the technician did not call before he arrived on site. I thought I had left my truck unlocked when I left for lunch, but I had to abandon my meal when the technician called saying he was at my truck and it was locked. Second, the quality of work was not ideal. A portion of the top interface of the windshield does not seem glued properly and I am carefully watching it to see if it leaks. Third, and most of all, there was a half-inch long scratch to the dashboard of my four-month old truck.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 10/28/2013

Mr. Durham,

After our conversation I was happy to learn that the windshield is not leaking and that you are not as concerned with the experience as you initially indicated here.  My offer to address and correct any and all issues stands, should you decide that you are in fact dissatisfied.  We appreciate your business and hope that you will consider us in the future.

RK
Ralph K.
08/06/2013
The "patching" of a small nick in my windshield was not done to my satisfaction. As I was leaving the parking lot I could easily see where the "patch" was placed. So I went back and the technician worked more on it. I left again (while in the shade) thinking it was OK. However, in the sunshine I can still see the "patch". Since it is not in my direct line of vision, and your shop is quite inconvenient I decided to just let it go. I have had this procedure done several times on my windshields in years past and I have never been able to see the place where the "patch" was placed. I went to you because you are a sponsor of the Wahoos, but am sorry I didn't go back to the last place I used for this service.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 08/23/2013

I am very sorry that you are unhappy with the chip repair that we performed on your vehicle.

Each chip that occurs is different, and some are more visible than others when the repair is complete.

The primary purpose of a chip repair is to restore the windshield's structural integrity, keeping the chip from turning into a crack.  Secondarily the repair improves the appearance of the chip cosmetically.

All of our repairs come with our lifetime satisfaction guarantee, we also offer a mobile service to make service more convenient for you.

If there is any way that I can be of further help please don't hesitate to contact us, we strive for complete satisfaction with each and every job.

BL
Ben L.
07/19/2013
Had to Cancel, Couldn't Meet Time Commitment
On Wednesday, I scheduled an appointment through my insurance company for Friday morning. I received a call from Dan who was very helpful and courteous in confirming vehicle information and installation time. I told him that the vehicle would be available while I was at work from 7am to 4pm. By 2:45pm on Friday I had not heard from the home office or the tech so I called to find out if the appointment was still on. Dan had the tech call me and he stated he would not be able to get to me for 30-45 minutes, and that the install would take 45 mins to an hour, which would be after I had to leave work to get my kids. I had intentionally scheduled the appointment for a time when my wife was out of town so that I could have her car available for the install, but had to cancel it due to not being able to come within the time window I was told would be acceptable. Both Dan and the tech were very polite, but I still have a broken windshield.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 08/23/2013

Mr. Lane

I am very sorry that we were unable to meet the time requirements that you had scheduled with us.  It was our mistake, as we had you scheduled to be completed by the end of the business day.

We hope that you will allow us to complete the work at a convenient time for you in the future.

Thanks

WD
William D.
FL
02/14/2013
The customer service via phone was wonderful. The problem arose when Lloyd's rep came to our home and replaced the windshield. When he left, I noticed that on one side of the roof, a 1' inserted strip wasn't quite seated in correctly at the windshield trim edge, but because it was at the onset of the holidays, I quickly forgot...until I noticed a few days later, after I had ran several errands that the strip was now missing totally. In the meantime, I had to use the windshield wipers during a good rain and realized that my wipers were making a horrible scrunching sound---they had been so silent before, I never even thought about wiper noise. I called Lloyds and reported the two problems, which the young lady very graciously received. She again sent the tech out to replace this time the missing strip---which was replaced successfully. I was not there and did not see if any adjustment on the wipers was attempted, however it appeared that nothing was done. I thought nothing of trying the wipers until the next road trip to MS in a rain storm---they were unbearably loud. It seemed obvious that nothing had been done to correct the adjustment. I again called Lloyds', requesting a different Tech this time but was told that there was only the one. I was supposed to report a claim to State Farm. I explained to State Farm that this was unacceptable and had never had a car in all of my 60 years that has been a racket like this, not even close. I received a letter from State Farm a few days ago and I am going to call them and see what they will do from here. I just want my wipers to be normal. They are not since Lloyds' has been out, even when they came out the second time---to repair the problem. No, I am not satisfied with the service from Lloyds'. The phone receptionist was very personable---she needs a raise if she has to deal with these kinds of issues often. :)
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 02/19/2013
Mr. Duty, I am glad that you were able to identify the problem as the old wipers, and apologize for the weather strip that came off. Thanks again for your business!

JE
Julia E.
02/07/2013
There is still a very visible shatterpoint in the glass. It was only the size of a dime to start with. It only looks about 30% better. I have had such repairs done before and believe the repair should have been barely visible. Very expensive. Very disappointed
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 02/13/2013
Hello Mrs Evans, Our records show that this job remains incomplete (at least by our shop) I think that you may have have had another company do this work for you. If you find this information to be incorrect, please let me know and I would be happy to resolve the issue for you!

Russell C.
FL
11/14/2011
The tape you put on window and car, took my paint off!!.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 01/27/2012
Mr. Crowley, I appreciate you bringing your car by the shop so that I could inspect it. Unfortunately when a vehicle's paint is already starting to peel and not well adhered to the vehicle, it can be effected by the tape that is a necessary part of our installation. If there is anything else that we can do for you, please let me know. Thanks!

DA
dorsey a.
Gulf Breeze, FL
08/24/2011
leaking windshield
paid a visit to lloyd's glass in p cola, my when front glass was leaking from the new windshield they had jus put in about 10 months ago, they faulted the prep work from the new paint job so no warranty claim would take place... cool... so i pay the remove and replace price... so im on my way home and run into a short rain storm, drip drip drip says my windshield.... I"M NOT HAPPY!
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 08/25/2011
Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your concerns. We strive to satisfy all customers and sometimes due to circumstances outside of our control we do fall short. As explained to you when we removed your windshield and found that the recent paint work that we need to adhere to was actually not sticking to your vehicle, our adhesives are only as good as the surface that they are applied to. When you declined to have any paint preparation or repairs done to your truck, you accepted the possibility of future issues and I thought that you had a clear understanding of that. As a courtesy to you, I would be more than happy to attempt to seal the windshield again ( per our conversation yesterday ) , free of charge in an effort to solve the issue with the vehicle. Please let us know if we can be of further service. Thank you!