Latest Review about 1 month ago

John W.
10/14/2020
I know repairing the small chip would not make it "disappear", but the size of the remaining flaw in the windshield glass is unacceptable. I even stopped by your facility on Old Palafox to express my displeasure, but the representative said nothing could be done. Very disappointing.

PS
Patrick S.
Please someone contact me Patrick Strong 8505855890 cell

Mike R.
10/14/2020
The work was done as promised and the quality was satisfactory. The customer service was average at best. Associates were distant and seemed more interested in speaking with one another than with speaking or assisting me. I went local, but will never use Lloyds again. Ever. They charge one price if you are paying cash and charge three times if you use insurance. I was given a quote of just over $300, but my insurance company was billed over $1200. When I called Lloyds, they confirmed this. They and my insurance company confirmed this is common practice so the claim ends up in mediation. This may work for Lloyds, but in the long run it drives up insurance costs and hurts consumers.

ES
Elaine S.
10/13/2020
The installer was not professional at all. Did not call before he appeared and projected a very unconcerned image. Also, was not offered the steaks as you advertise not on this installation or on my husband's vehicle as well.

Joe A.
10/13/2020
After installation, I got a notice from my insurance company that the price charged was out of their covered range. When I asked what was charged, the price was over 3 times the going rate. Fortunately, the insurance paid anyway, but it is not good to charge that much over what other approved companies charge.

AC
Abbey C.
10/13/2020
The first time I did business here I was treated well. The second two times I was treated poorly Much more worth it to stay local They also advertise a box of steaks but do not offer them. You have to ask and when you do, watch out

EH
Emily H.
Pensacola, FL
04/17/2020
Customer Service is on point!!!!
Everyone was so helpful and extremely friendly! I highly recommend Lloyd's!

J D.
Fort Walton Beach, FL
05/27/2019
POOR ETHICS AND LACK OF INTEGRITY....POOR QUALITY OF STAFF AND SERVICE...CRIMINALS
The one star is just for the opportunity to put this review here. My fiancé used this company for a windshield replacement. They will not own up to their errors/mistakes and now she is having to drive her vehicle with a continuous, extremely loud, annoying noise resulting from a poor install. The windshield was positioned too low during installation and is not positioned correctly to the cowl. I can't have a phone conversation with her when she is driving because the noise is so loud. They refused to make this right. They treat her as if SHE has done something wrong. They keep telling her that they will look into this and never call her back. This is wrong on so many levels. They have falsified reports to the insurance company and Safelite. They are liars and extremely rude. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE.

BP
Brianne P.
10/31/2017
I had to go back three times before my windshield replacement was completed. The first installation broke clips so I was required to come back for the install of those. I was told this would only take 15 minutes but I was there for an hour and a half. Then, a week later, rain came and I discovered my windshield was installed incorrectly because the interior of my car was covered in water. The roof meeting the windshield was so soaked it was dripping down on my dashboard. It took another few hours to complete this. The part that was most sad was that I watched multiple customers come and go before mine was completed, each given a box of steaks for their use of this business. Three visits for me but did not get steaks.

EG
Ethan G.
Pensacola, FL
08/25/2016
Very disappointed
I chose Lloyds because they were a small business and I wanted to give my business to them. I was getting a windshield replaced in my wifes car which we were about to sell. I brought it in at 3:00 and I left at 3:50 with a new windshield. On my way home, I noticed something that looked wet on the passenger side of my dash. When I got home, I tried to wipe it off only to find that the texture of the dash rubbed off where the liquid was. I am 100% positive that there was nothing on my dash prior to letting them replace my windshield. I spoke with the technician who did the work, Oliver, and he only denied that there was any chemicals used and tried to blame it on a Mazda "sticky dash" recall. This recall is real, but my dash was unaffected when I got there but magically "sticky" in some very localized areas when there work was finished. Also, I googled pictures of affected Mazda "sticky dashes" and they looked nothing like what happened to my dash. Somewhere in the process they got a chemical on my dash. I spoke with the manager, Ian, and he also passively denied responsibility. The only solution he offered was for me to take it to Mazda and have them fix it under their recall to avoid Lloyds having to pay to have their mistake fixed. Long story short, I understand mistakes happen, but two people at this location wouldn't take accountability for a mistake that I know happened in their shop and make it right. I also called and left multiple messages on multiple days for the manager, Ian, to call me again. He has yet to return my call again.
Ian L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 08/29/2016

Mr. Golson,

I am sorry that you are disappointed with our service, but as I explained on the telephone, there is a factory recall on your dashboard, covering all vehicles from 2008 to 2012, and Mazda has assumed responsibility for any repairs neccessary to correct what you are experiencing.  Unfortunately, since this is such a widespread issue, the parts are not available at this time in order to make repairs to your vehicle.

At the time of service, it was noted that your vehicle exhibited the issue described in the recall, therefore we did not clean or make any attempts to wipe down your dashboard, nor do we use any chemicals to treat your windshield or surrounding area.

When you explained to me on the phone, that you had cleaned the "wet" area with mean green degreaser, and the finish of your dash came off with the cleaner, I was not surprised.  The combination of an aggressive degreaser, and the "melting dash" problem acknowledged by Mazda would undoubtably cause the affected area to lose it's texture.

At Lloyd's Glass we stand behind our work, and make mistakes from time to time that need to be addressed, this is not a circumstance under which we made an error, or caused damange.  This is a well documented issue, that can only be addressed directly by factory recall.

I regret that we are unable to satisfy your request for repair and hope that you will reconsider your position given the fact that Mazda has acknowledged and accepted responsibility for the issue that you're experiencing.

I thought we had covered everything in our last conversation, but I will call you, again to make sure that I've covered everything with you, and apologize if you have tried to reach me since our last contact.

Thanks,

Ian

Stephen M.
05/28/2015
Poor quality and workmanship work, looks like amateurs, very disappointed.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 06/09/2015

Yipes! I just reviewed this with my staff and would LOVE the opportunity to clear up this confusion. Please call asap.

MK
Marina K.
05/26/2015
I'm very unhappy with the work that was performed, the fabric where the glass was replaced is now pealing, I have a 2013 Mercedes, and fabric near the windshield is ruined
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 06/09/2015

Thanks for the comments Marina. As you know we are just waiting for you to give us access to the car next time you are in town. All will be made right.

LA
Lynnette A.
03/10/2015
The technician who did the work on my car was very professional. He gave me a time limit on when my vehicle would been done and he did it. Thank you for your professionalism.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 03/16/2015

You certainly are welcome!

James R.
10/21/2014
The representative at the front desk was not friendly and did not genuinely care about my problem. He was totally focused on the business, not solving a problem. However, the glass technician was great. He cared and explained the work step-by-step that was involved. Very good.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 11/12/2014

Robert - So sorry that you viewed Dan's attempt to explain that 5 seperate chips on a windshield are to many to repair. With that amount of damage, replacement is cheaper and the insurance companies give us a rough time if we try to file a claim for that many chips. I believe we got to a good place with you by the end of the interaction.

Matthew W.
04/03/2014
The first windshield was damaged. It had a nick on the top driver's corner. This should have been identified during installation. (Looked like damage from shipping). Additionally, the plastic mirror guard clip was broken. The technician played it off as a "pre-existing" condition and made the statement of "yeah, I meant to say something about that." Both door jams were filthy from the technician's black sole shoes. NOTE: The customer service rep was very friendly and helpful.
Barry L. from Lloyd's Glass responded on 05/09/2014

SO SORRY Mr. Wayman. Roy is a GREAT tech but he sure didn't follow our "Golden Rule" on your car. Inspect closely BEFORE you start the job and realize that we will own anything that we don't point out. I know we took care of everything for you the very next day and I hope you will give us another chance in the future. Pleased to know that you were impressed with our Shannon (our CSR).