03/26/2019
Felt taken advantage of
I’ve used M&M in the past and was pleased with the service but when I had 2 lights installed on my truck recently and got charged $500 for labor alone I was completely flabbergasted.. if I had any idea it would cost anywhere close to that I would never have done it.. I would have very much appreciated a phone call with a heads up before going ahead and doing it.. but I paid it and will just know better for next time now..
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 03/28/2019

We are sorry you feel this way, However you purchased these aftermarket ghost lights and told us you wanted them recessed in lower front door panels wired into the dome light circuit and never even asked for a price so we did feel you knew what it may require. We had to remove both front door inside panels, mark and drill holes for the light assemblies, install lights, clock the positions, remove both wiring harness boots between door and a-pillar, run wires from doors to underneath the dash at lower fuse box, pull wiring diagrams and find power to dome lights, wire into that circuit , test operation and reassemble everything it was a very time comsumming job the we figured you had an idea how hard it was and you never asked for a price. We are sorry you feel that way but we only did the job the way you asked for it to be done.

Honda Accord Coupe
12/10/2018
Huge mistake going here. Will never do it again.
Recently moved to the area and went here because it was close to home. It was huge mistake and i will never be back. They wanted to charge me nearly 3 times the cost that the dealer wanted for oem parts. Plus nearly $100 for nothing but brake fluid and shop supplies. Can't believe anyone would pay these ridiculous prices.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 12/11/2018

Frank, we are sorry you feel that way, but we charged you $76.46 which was for a passing emission test, washer fluid and a failed state inspection (which is the law when you decline repairs) and tax. We also quoted you a rear brake job for $358.63 which included, machine rotors, install rear brakes, flushing master cylinder, brake parts, fluids & supplies and tax. We always like to do a thorough job mainly for your safety and because we do stand behind our quality jobs, we try to include everything in our estimates to make sure we are covered. But if you are a regular customer you would also know that if we do not use all that we do not charge for it.  Many of our finished bills are less than we quote.  Also We do by law have a right to recharge for state inspection if we have to take the brakes apart to verify the repairs are done correctlyand I quess you did not like that either.  I sure hope you can find a local garage that better suits your needs. Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season.

John T.
09/13/2018
Over filled
Just got my vehicle back from a shop that had to correct mandms negligence, they charged me $95 to overfill my transmission, they had me come down to the shop to show me that it was leaking, it was leaking because they overfilled it, it was coming out the top of the transmission, the vehicle is sitting in my driveway with the transmission full and no leak at all, I definitely got taken for a cheap ride by this shop, be careful

John T.
09/12/2018
Bad business
I took my suv in for emissions $34.99, when I dropped it off, I asked them to check the trans fluid, I got a call from the rudest person ever, she advised me the vehicle had all kinds of issues and if I need them to do the repairs, I asked her to elaborate, she stated that it needed a gas cap and driven, well make a long story short, nobody ever called me to get approval for work, charged me $95 and would only accept cash, would not give me a work order that I didn’t sign, hope someone else doesn’t have to deal with this business
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 09/13/2018

Sorry you feel that way.  I tried to explain to you that the emission failed because someone cleared the codes and that it would have to be driven in hopes that the monitors would run.  Also I told you we had to add 3 quarts of transmission fluid because there was none on the dipstick.  At that point you started yelling at me all kinds of accusations that we over filled it and because of your rudeness I said you would have to pay me in cash.  You failed to mention that you wanted transmission checked because it did not shift right well it certainly would not if it was out of fluid. So we started there, My tech was test driving it after he filled it when you sent you wife to pick it up.  When he pulled back in the shop we realized why it was out of fluid because it was running out on the floor.  You also said you just spent alot of money on this transmission. Why did you not take it back to where it was worked on if you were not satisfied or did you burn that bridge too before they to take care of the problem.  I am sorry you feel that way we have alot of wonderful customers but we are not accustomed to customers screaming at us on the phone with out even letting us tell you what is going on.  There are many shops in this area I hope you can find one that works for you!

JN
Jennifer N.
Dodge Durango
08/06/2014 Category: Service
Jennifer said the prices at the business were absolutely ridiculous. Due to the pricing, she would not recommend the business.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 08/12/2014

We are very sorry you feel that why! However if cheap quality is what you are looking for, you are correct. We pride ourselves in having the best techs and equipment to keep up with the new technologies of today, and yes that cost alittle bit more. We are well below dealership prices and with in the price range of any reputable prefession automotive repair facility in our area.

Cheeleng M.
Subaru Impreza
12/25/2015 Category: Service
Cheeleng said his tires was mounted. His wheels were kind of beat up when he got his vehicle back. There are scratches around the outside of the rim that were not there before.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 12/28/2015

We are sorry to hear that, please stop down at your convenience so we can take a look at the wheels to see what you are talking about,

Daniel L.
Suzuki Kizashi
01/14/2015 Category: Service
Daniel said the experience was awesome. He would not recommend them to others because they are overpriced.

Sean S.
08/17/2011
GMC Jimmy
While it was appreciated to keep costs to a minimum, more advanced projection of increased expense to us would have been better. Also, the service timeline with the inspection was way too long spreading out over 1 week. Thank you for fixing the problem and the wait time was not satisfactory. For recurring problems with our Jimmy, I thought we could have all made better decisions.

10/09/2019
They have a personal touch.
They seem to Care about the customer. Thanks for your professionalism.

Chevrolet TrailBlazer
08/02/2019
Courteous and professional
They provided me with a clear understanding of my vehicle’s condition-and made recommendations for future visits.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 08/02/2019

Thank you , we always try to prepare our customers for future repairs and we also send inspect and recommendation reminders to help you keep your vehicles in tip top shape.  Have a wonderful summer

Mike W.
East Earl, PA
Subaru Forester (Natl)
07/29/2019
First time here was told about service and attention to details I’ll be back
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 07/30/2019

Thank you for your response, we will be happy to service your vehicle in the future and look forward to a great working relationship with you and your family!  Have a great rest of the summer.

Delwin D.
04/05/2019
Very fast service but I thought a bit pricey!!
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 04/05/2019

Yes Delwin our oil changes are  a bit higher than some however that is due to the fact that we use top quality parts and oils.  It is the best thing you can do to maintain the longevity of your engine. We use top quality castrol synthetic blend oil, wix oil filters, check all your fluids and grease all the front end parts. alot of places use the cheapest parts and fluids they can get.

AH
Aaron H.
02/05/2019 Category: Service
Aaron said the service was done well.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 02/13/2019

Thank you Aaron, I am sorry we could not get you in sooner, we try our best! We are blessed to be so busy on one hand but hard to get everyone in on the other. Hope to see you soon! Have a great week

Alan B.
Honda Accord Coupe
12/22/2018
Dependable and very capable mechanical service. Pleasant and cooperative environment.
I have been a longtime customer of M&M. My “likes” far outweigh my single “dislike”. Mechanical workmanship has always been of the highest caliber. I have never had reason to question their honesty or integrity. They are extremely attentive and cooperative. The customer environment is pleasant, respectful and very courteous. Owners Mike and Cathy are “first class”
in all aspects.
However, despite the aforementioned praise, “pricing” can often be a significant deterrent. In particular, preventive maintainance services. Financially, I cannot always justify allowing their service attributes to override substantial cost savings elsewhere. This is the hard fact of retirement and operating within a fixed income budget. Otherwise, I would be totally on board with M&M.
Al B.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 12/27/2018

Thank you Alan for you recommendations and I am sorry I did not have more time to chat with you that day, I was very busy.  Yes sometimes are prices are not the cheapest and that is because we always use good quality parts and top of the line Castrol fluids.  It is tough for us to keep up with all the expense of new technology.  We do try our best and we do understand. Wishing you and your family a blessed new year.

Chevrolet TrailBlazer
10/26/2018
Courteous service
I came in for emissions and inspection. They did the emissions first. Then told me I needed $2000 worth of repairs in order to pass inspection.

I wish they had told me that first so that I didnt waste money on emissions for a car I decided to junk.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 10/29/2018

I am very sorry, however the emission test is supposed to be done first according to the law, however you could always ask us to check it out before the emission test if you have a feeling it will not pass, but we would still have to charge for the time we spend checking it out

Dorcas G.
Chevrolet Sonic
10/25/2018 Category: Service
Dorcas stated she was satisfied with the service
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 11/15/2018

Caia H.
East Earl, PA
10/23/2018 Category: Service
Caia said she was satisfied with the service.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 10/24/2018

SR
Steve R.
Bowmansville, PA
07/05/2018 Category: Service
Steve said he would recommend the business for service.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 07/19/2018

Thank you Steve for recommending our business

Jarren R.
12/11/2017 Category: Service
Jarren said he thought the business had high prices, but the service was good. They did a good job.

JY
Jeff Y.
12/04/2017 Category: Service
Jeff said the business was good.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 12/11/2017

Thank you Jeff! We want to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year