Jim D.
Chevrolet Traverse
04/19/2019
The dead battery in our Chevy Traverse was replaced on a busy Monday, including testing of the charging system. As always, M&M took very good care of our vehicle and kept us informed of all progress.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 04/24/2019

Thank you Jim, we were happy to help you out! We look forward to working with you in the future. Hope you have a safe and happy Spring!

Delwin D.
04/05/2019
Very fast service but I thought a bit pricey!!
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 04/05/2019

Yes Delwin our oil changes are  a bit higher than some however that is due to the fact that we use top quality parts and oils.  It is the best thing you can do to maintain the longevity of your engine. We use top quality castrol synthetic blend oil, wix oil filters, check all your fluids and grease all the front end parts. alot of places use the cheapest parts and fluids they can get.

03/26/2019
Felt taken advantage of
I’ve used M&M in the past and was pleased with the service but when I had 2 lights installed on my truck recently and got charged $500 for labor alone I was completely flabbergasted.. if I had any idea it would cost anywhere close to that I would never have done it.. I would have very much appreciated a phone call with a heads up before going ahead and doing it.. but I paid it and will just know better for next time now..
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 03/28/2019

We are sorry you feel this way, However you purchased these aftermarket ghost lights and told us you wanted them recessed in lower front door panels wired into the dome light circuit and never even asked for a price so we did feel you knew what it may require. We had to remove both front door inside panels, mark and drill holes for the light assemblies, install lights, clock the positions, remove both wiring harness boots between door and a-pillar, run wires from doors to underneath the dash at lower fuse box, pull wiring diagrams and find power to dome lights, wire into that circuit , test operation and reassemble everything it was a very time comsumming job the we figured you had an idea how hard it was and you never asked for a price. We are sorry you feel that way but we only did the job the way you asked for it to be done.

Honda Accord Coupe
12/10/2018
Huge mistake going here. Will never do it again.
Recently moved to the area and went here because it was close to home. It was huge mistake and i will never be back. They wanted to charge me nearly 3 times the cost that the dealer wanted for oem parts. Plus nearly $100 for nothing but brake fluid and shop supplies. Can't believe anyone would pay these ridiculous prices.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 12/11/2018

Frank, we are sorry you feel that way, but we charged you $76.46 which was for a passing emission test, washer fluid and a failed state inspection (which is the law when you decline repairs) and tax. We also quoted you a rear brake job for $358.63 which included, machine rotors, install rear brakes, flushing master cylinder, brake parts, fluids & supplies and tax. We always like to do a thorough job mainly for your safety and because we do stand behind our quality jobs, we try to include everything in our estimates to make sure we are covered. But if you are a regular customer you would also know that if we do not use all that we do not charge for it.  Many of our finished bills are less than we quote.  Also We do by law have a right to recharge for state inspection if we have to take the brakes apart to verify the repairs are done correctlyand I quess you did not like that either.  I sure hope you can find a local garage that better suits your needs. Wishing you a safe and happy holiday season.

Chevrolet TrailBlazer
10/26/2018
Courteous service
I came in for emissions and inspection. They did the emissions first. Then told me I needed $2000 worth of repairs in order to pass inspection.

I wish they had told me that first so that I didnt waste money on emissions for a car I decided to junk.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 10/29/2018

I am very sorry, however the emission test is supposed to be done first according to the law, however you could always ask us to check it out before the emission test if you have a feeling it will not pass, but we would still have to charge for the time we spend checking it out

John T.
09/13/2018
Over filled
Just got my vehicle back from a shop that had to correct mandms negligence, they charged me $95 to overfill my transmission, they had me come down to the shop to show me that it was leaking, it was leaking because they overfilled it, it was coming out the top of the transmission, the vehicle is sitting in my driveway with the transmission full and no leak at all, I definitely got taken for a cheap ride by this shop, be careful

John T.
09/12/2018
Bad business
I took my suv in for emissions $34.99, when I dropped it off, I asked them to check the trans fluid, I got a call from the rudest person ever, she advised me the vehicle had all kinds of issues and if I need them to do the repairs, I asked her to elaborate, she stated that it needed a gas cap and driven, well make a long story short, nobody ever called me to get approval for work, charged me $95 and would only accept cash, would not give me a work order that I didn’t sign, hope someone else doesn’t have to deal with this business
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 09/13/2018

Sorry you feel that way.  I tried to explain to you that the emission failed because someone cleared the codes and that it would have to be driven in hopes that the monitors would run.  Also I told you we had to add 3 quarts of transmission fluid because there was none on the dipstick.  At that point you started yelling at me all kinds of accusations that we over filled it and because of your rudeness I said you would have to pay me in cash.  You failed to mention that you wanted transmission checked because it did not shift right well it certainly would not if it was out of fluid. So we started there, My tech was test driving it after he filled it when you sent you wife to pick it up.  When he pulled back in the shop we realized why it was out of fluid because it was running out on the floor.  You also said you just spent alot of money on this transmission. Why did you not take it back to where it was worked on if you were not satisfied or did you burn that bridge too before they to take care of the problem.  I am sorry you feel that way we have alot of wonderful customers but we are not accustomed to customers screaming at us on the phone with out even letting us tell you what is going on.  There are many shops in this area I hope you can find one that works for you!

KC
Katie C.
Nissan Pathfinder
08/22/2018 Category: Service
Katie said the staff was nice but the pricing was too expensive.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 09/10/2018

I am sorry to hear that you felt we were too expensive. We do our very best and have the latest tools, equipment and training, however that may make us a bit more expensive but we try to make it worth your while to come back

Sam W.
Honey Brook, PA
01/25/2017
Fast service, friendly folks, good work
I would recommend to anyone. Even though I moved out of town, I still return to M&M for automotive servce.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 01/26/2017

Thank you Sam for the great recommendation and we look forward to seeing you in the future

Daniel L.
Mohnton, PA
Suzuki Kizashi
01/14/2015 Category: Service
Daniel said the experience was awesome. He would not recommend them to others because they are overpriced.

JN
Jennifer N.
Dodge Durango
08/06/2014 Category: Service
Jennifer said the prices at the business were absolutely ridiculous. Due to the pricing, she would not recommend the business.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 08/12/2014

We are very sorry you feel that why! However if cheap quality is what you are looking for, you are correct. We pride ourselves in having the best techs and equipment to keep up with the new technologies of today, and yes that cost alittle bit more. We are well below dealership prices and with in the price range of any reputable prefession automotive repair facility in our area.

BG
Brian G.
Chevrolet Suburban
07/17/2013 Category: Service
Brian said he was traveling and his brakes went out. This business came out right away, arranged towing, and had the vehicle repaired in 3 days. The business went above and beyond to be helpful. If he lived in the area, he would be glad to recommend this business.

CF
Curtis F.
10/18/2019
Friendly, courteous, professional, and knowledgeable staff
I truly appreciate you working me in on short notice, to correct the problem with our car today. Thank you so much!

CQ
Carol Q.
10/17/2019
Great Service & People
Took my car in for inspection & emissions. Quick appointment, good service & very nice personnel. I also like the mom & pops instead of the larger businesses. I try to spend my money in my own community & I'm glad I found M & M. Good job guys!!!
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 10/17/2019

Awe, thank you Carol for the great recommendation, we do appreciate you taking the time to comment and we like to spend our money in our home town also. Bowmansville is a great place to live and work, If you don't see you hope you have a safe and happy holiday season and we look forward to working for you in the new year.

FG
Fred G.
Pontiac Sunfire
10/09/2019
They are knowledgeable, fair, and reasonably priced.
They treat there customers with respect, and are fair and honest
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 10/17/2019

Thank you Fred we are glad we had the opportunity to work on  your Pontiac Sunfire and look forward to working for you again in the upcoming new year.

10/09/2019
They have a personal touch.
They seem to Care about the customer. Thanks for your professionalism.

Jim D.
10/08/2019
M&M really looks out for my best interests.
I had new tires installed this week at M&M. They did not do an alignment afterward, as I anticipated. When asked, they advised that the old tires showed no wear that would require an alignment. I really appreciate the honesty and professionalism each time I bring my vehicle to M&M. Great honest folks and great service at reasonable prices. They look out for your pocketbook as well as your vehicle.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 10/09/2019

Thank you Jim for your great review.  We will keep an eye on those new tires and rotate when needed and surely let you know if we see any problems.  We look forward to seeing you again and have a safe and wonderful fall season!

Christine H.
Mohnton, PA
10/05/2019
!
Always happy with their thorough work on our cars!! Staff very kind also!!
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 10/07/2019

Thank you Christine for the great recommendation, we appreciate your patronage and always look forward to chatting with you, Have a safe and wonderful fall!

Andrew S.
Strasburg, PA
10/05/2019
Honesty
It is nice to have a mechanic you can trust!
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 10/07/2019

Thank you Andrew for the great recommendation Eric will be please to know and we look forward to working on you Honda again in the future, have a safe and wonderful fall!

Robert W.
10/03/2019
You always feel special
I always leave feeling like they built their team and business just for me. If I had to chose one word to describe M & M it would be “Excellence”.
Michael & Cathy K. from M & M General Repair, Inc responded on 10/03/2019

Awe thank you Bob, we really appreciate the compliment, we do like to treat our customers like family! Have a safe and happy fall season.