11/12/2019
Overpriced
PDR overcharges people for their parts and labor and don't work as many other car places. Other auto shops do NOT charge people for looking at issues on a car, and if they do, the charge goes TOWARDS the final payment if they get the work done at that auto shop. PDR instead charges about $130 just to look at the car. Then, that cost does not get taken away from the final bill. You then have to get the work done at PDR because you would save only about $50 after you brought it to another place (you would also have to pay to get the car towed elsewhere if the car is not drivable). This is how I beleive the PDR is a scam: they charge you an outrageous price just to look at the car and for other "extra" costs that you have to get the work done there. This is not how ANY car shop I have ever been to is like. I was very not pleased with the inability to drop a couple dollars from an already pricey bill. I have never left a bad review on anything, but this auto shop I really felt the need to in the hopes that they maybe change some of their policies so customers can actually be satisfied upon leaving.

Cadillac DeVille
06/14/2019
Not such a bargain
Took my car In because I had a rear light issue . drop car off at 8 am did not get car back until 4pm . if they want you to drop car off early and they don't look at it until 4 hours later kind wasted a day with out a car .asked about recharge of a/c they said almost 300 dolars to complete . when Midas is charging less then 100 . if it wasn't for them being close .

Renee M.
Champaign, IL
03/18/2019
Take advantage of people
My son brought his car in because the windows weren't working, he couldn't get the hood open and there is a fuel leak. They checked the windows and the hood without doing any repairs and said the charge is $249. To check for a fuel leak it would have gone up to $390 without doing any repairs. Everywhere else I called after finding this out said the inspection would have been free so why is he being charged for not getting anything fixed? I will never take another car there and I would never recommend taking anyone else's car there.

EM
Ed M.
09/13/2018
prepped for trip to Santa Fe
We asked PDR to check out our 10 year old Subaru before driving out to Santa Fe. They found a potentially significant problem, located the last available part in the United States, and got it installed in time for us to leave on time. Thanks Josh and Jon and the team at PDR.

VB
Vivian B.
Danville, IL
Saturn Ion
01/19/2018
Over priced labor cost
People are friendly but your labor prices are ridiculous. I just looked at my receipt and was charged $199.50 for a $26.00 part. Checked around and other shoppes advised they would have charged a lot less. Next time I will definitely shop around.

CK
Crystal K.
Rantoul, IL
01/03/2018
Radiator and battery replacement $1,070.00
My car was leaking radiator fluid. I called PDR. and told them so. They set me up for an appointment on Jan 3. My Battery died before Jan 3. and I told them so. I told them that I would have my Saturn Relay towed to them about 15 mins late. They told me that they would replace the battery, radiator and  hoses for $1,070.00. I told them that I will have my car towed back to my house then the said I owed $225 for the estimate. They didn't mention diagnostic charge at any time and they didn't allow the towing company to take my car until I paid. They later brought it down to $197.00. Be aware if PDR  just looks at your car your going to pay about $200.00 and average radiator replacement is about  $500 according to the internet.

HJ
Hamid J.
12/16/2017
Engine Check Light
Thank you for the great customer service and resolving the issue free!

12/16/2017
Engine Light
A few days ago engine check light turned on.Then, I askes PDR to inspect the car. They fixed the problem by replacing the gas cap and it cost me $175. Now after just a few days, the engine light turned on again. I have to meet then again. not sure If they can figure out the problem!
Staff and M. from PDR Automotive responded on 12/27/2017

Hamid

I hope since wer have had a chance to retest/ repair evap system your vehicle is now performing correctly.
THANKS, JOHN

Shevita B.
11/23/2017
Never Again!!! Overcharged for tire plug!
Never again!

Barney B.
Chevrolet Pickup
08/30/2016
Not the PDR of days past
$148 charge for analysis. $976. quote for repair. I did the work myself. NOTHING CHANGED! while someone else was driving my truck as I walked by the exhaust I could hear the sound of leaking valve. Glad I didn't wast any more money at PDAren't.

GB
Gary B.
Mercedes-Benz C230
04/09/2016
Not a good company!
I had to spend 20 dollars for a cab to pick up my car. I was promised shuttle service. My wipers were stolen and replaced with a cheap set. My sunroof was left open. So it rained and leaked in the car. A bolt cover for the backseat is missing. I had to gas up because they obviously went for a joyride. Not a good company.

LP
Larry P.
02/16/2016
Na
Never come back
Staff and M. from PDR Automotive responded on 02/17/2016

Dear Mr. Patel
We are truly sorry that you were unhappy or unsatisfied during your last visit. Our technician spent several hours to determine that your electrical issues were all related to a failure with your body control module. Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns that you would like to discuss. Thank you for allowing us to service your vehicle. - PDR Automotive Staff.

Chelsey S.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
01/16/2016
Extremely Over Priced
I am Tim Steen, I am the one that dealt with your company for the work done on the vehicle that belongs to my daughter Chelsey. I do not have a problem with the labor charge but the fact you double charged for the parts and the diagnostic was not included in the cost of replacing the part is also upsetting. I understand having to pay a diagnostic charge when a customer does not have the work done while the vehicle is in your shop but to put that charge on top of the replacement is just a way to get extra money from people that do not know anything about service work. I will be telling everyone I know that you charge an extremely high price for the work you do and I will encourage them to post this information on social media. As you can tell by this information I will never us your shop again.
Staff and M. from PDR Automotive responded on 02/17/2016

Tim, Sorry you were disappointed with our diagnostic and parts pricing. We employee ASE master certified technicians so when we charge for diagnostics we can guarentee results that will resolve the customers complaint. We also only use highest quality parts available to ensure quality and also we may provide you with a two year 24,000 mile nation wide parts and labor warranty. We did get pre authorization before performing any of your repairs. Again sorry for any problems this may occured. Thanks, PDR Staff.

PB
Patricia B.
12/20/2015
Bad repair
Car now makes a terrible squealing noise, which was not happening before I took it to the store.

AC
Alex C.
Mitsubishi Endeavor
03/21/2014
Disappointed
Engine light on. $550.00. Engine light off. Engine light on. Emission test failed. Money gone. Now we need to have it fixed at home. by another shop. Money gone again.

Richard W.
St. Joseph, IL
Dodge Stratus
02/10/2014
high price
We thought that the total price for this repair was to high