Overall Rating 2.4/5Overall Rating 2.4/5rating 2.4rating 2.4rating 2.4

william b.
Shirley, IN
08/27/2019
alignment
drove 2,700 miles in about 3-4 months on alignment and ate both front tires. Their response is i hit a chuck hole when in fact i did not. took it to another place and they said the tow was not touched.Anyway when confronted them he was shity and told me to leave. their 97 dollar alignment cost me 293.00 else where for 2 tires and another alignment ......WILL NEVER RETURN
God Bless ya
Dave D. from Riley & Sons Auto Care responded on 08/28/2019

William, I am sorry you left unsatisfied.  As you know when we do an aligment we print the results of that alignment out and put it in your file.  I have reviewed that alignment sheet from the aligment we provided for you.  The alignment sheet shows me what your settings were before and after the alignment.  The sheets demonstrates clealry that when your vehicle left our facility that is was in alignment.  If the aligment had been off to the extent that it is there is no doubt it would not have taken four months to indentify there was a problem.  I am sorry, but more than likely someone has hit a curb or chuckhole with your vehicle.

Anderson, IN
Buick Enclave
04/18/2019
Overcharged - We won't be back
We have had our 2017 Buick Enclave serviced at the Anderson and Pendleton location previously. On April 15 we had our 2017 Buick Enclave serviced for an oil change with tire rotation and balance. We were overcharged for this service by around $50. Over the last 2 years, we had this same service at Riley's (mechanical dept) for less. They would not acknowledge the overcharge after returning our call to inquire about the price. We spoke with a part owner. We won't be back. We had been having 4 cars serviced there and when in need of body repair we always used Riley's. We will not do so any longer. Dissatisfied Customer.
Dave D. from Riley & Sons Auto Care responded on 04/21/2019

I am very sorry you were dissatisfied. It is our goal to resolve any issues. I looked into your situation and found that what you had done last time was just an oil change, however, this time you had an oil change with synthetic oil, tire rotation, balance all 4 tires and wheel, and reset all 4 TPMS sensors.  I also took the time to call 4 other businesses to get a quote on all of these operations.  I called two dealerships and two independent shops and I found that we were cheaper than three of them.  One place was cheaper only because they were offering a coupon that week.  I know that Mr Riley tried to call you to review our findings in an effort to resolve any issue, however, he was hung up before he could share all of his findings.  We took significant time to review your concerns and to shop our prices in an effort to checkout your complaint.  If you decide you would like to discuss this further and to review our findings please feel free to call us at our Anderson store 765-649-4902.

Jeff D.
Markleville, IN
08/23/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Jeff's wife. She said the first time she took her vehicle into the business they charged her $400 to replace the water pump. A few months later the vehicle started having the same problem, so she took the vehicle back. They told her it would be another $300 to replace the faulty part. As soon as she drove her vehicle all the service lights on the dashboard came up. She took it back again, and they told her that they would need to take off or replace the head gasket and that would cost around $1,400. She took her vehicle to another vehicle and they were able to fix the problem. She would not recommend the business for service.

Scott S.
Middletown, IN
11/02/2017 Category: Service
Scott said their estimates were way to high and they tried to overcharge him $1,000 dollars.
Dave D. from Riley & Sons Auto Care responded on 11/06/2017

First, I wanted to apologize for any mis-communication or any inconvenience that you may have had on this experience.  I assure you, we take our customer service very seriously and we want to make sure all of our customers are very satisfied. When I investigated your situation I was glad to here that we did not charge you for any of the diagnostic's or any other charges for us to look at your vehicle. I know you had brought your vehicle in for us to look at it for a coolant leak, but unfortunately by diagnosing your vehicle throughly we found a major leak at the radiator, leaks at the water pump, and the front cover and other additional items that needed to be addressed also. Again, I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience or mis-communication you may have had.

CV
Cody V.
Lapel, IN
Chevrolet Cruze
06/02/2017
Issues resolved
Although my first experience with Jeff at the Pendleton Riley and sons was very poor, the regional manager stepped in and resolved my issues in a friendly and professional manner.

06/02/2017
Awful service, poor results
Brought my car in to be diagnosed, and told the employee (Jeff) that I was going to do the work myself, when I went to pick up my car and the diagnostics the same employee (Jeff) seemed upset that I wasn't having them do the work and was down right insulting. He refused to give me all the information about what was wrong with my car stating that he wasn't going to tell me everything wrong with it because they weren't doing the work. Worst service experience ever.
Dave D. from Riley & Sons Auto Care responded on 06/06/2017

Cody,

I wanted to apologize for the experience that you had at our location. I assure you, we take our customer service very seriously and we want to make sure all of our customers are very satisfied. I am glad when I spoke to your father in person that we were able to resolve the issues that you had at our location. I hope with the information we were able to retrieve for you it will help you with your repairs. I wanted to thank you for your business and understanding.  I hope that we can take care of all your future repairs.

ZS
Zachary S.
Muncie, IN
03/02/2017
Horrible, Lazy
Engine was messed up and they didnt help at all. Just did what they had to to get me from point a to b but thats all. Never going here again. Worst service.
Dave D. from Riley & Sons Auto Care responded on 03/03/2017

Zachary, I am very sorry that you left unsatisfied.  It is always our goal that we delivery excellent customer service and quality of work. After speaking with our facility manager, I realize that you were traveling through and you were pressed for time so our technician preformed an engine scan to determine the problem.  All scan results were negative.  Sometimes we are unable to fix a problem if the problem does not reoccur during our inspection, and that was the case with your vehicle, and we do not make the practice of guessing.  I was glad to see that my manager did not charge you any fees during your visit.  I am sure that if you would of had the time to leave your vehicle with us we would have been able to get the malfunction to occur and resolve your issue.  If you would be willing to bring it back in when you have more time we would be more than glad to do a diagnostic scan at no charge.  We hope to hear from you soon.

Riley & Sons

Jim H.
Pendleton, IN
Chevrolet Silverado
08/15/2014
Very Good Service
Anwer questions
Dave D. from Riley & Sons Auto Care responded on 08/18/2014

Jim thanks for taking the time to answer our survey.  I see that you stated that you would recommend us and that we gave you "Very Good Service."  However, that rating you gave was a low 1 star rating; I was wondering if that was a mistake and if so do you mind rescoring us.  If it was not a mistake I would be interested in hearing about your experience.

Dave Driggers

Charles C.
Pendleton, IN
Ford Pickup Heritage
07/23/2014
Too rigid with customer payment.
My son in law over $7000 on a new motor for his truck, and when there was a mix-up with the credit card payment they told him he couldn't take the truck home. He had to call for a ride home until the next day when the credit card company refunded payment. Talk about a lack of trust to a good customer. You just lost our whole family as customers. I've been a repeat customer for many years. I won't be back.
Dave D. from Riley & Sons Auto Care responded on 07/28/2014

We do apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you. It is our goal to provide our customers with a great repair experience. Our manager on staff was following our company policy within his guidelines. Unfortunately he was not able to release $7,000 repair without payment. We are small business and we try our best to implement customer policies that are not only reasonable and fair to the customer but are equally reasonable and fair to our company. Again we are sorry that we were not able to meet your payment options. Thank you for taking the time to give us your comments. We take all customer comments and concerns under advisement to better serve our community. D. Driggers Co-Owner