John B.
Silverdale, WA
09/28/2018 Category: Service
John said he was taken advantage of by this business, He would not recommend the business because the amount he spent was not sufficient to remove the transmission part he asked. He did not want to spend more and was disappointed he could not speak to the technician. He states the staff did not listen to his request properly.

MF
Mary F.
09/20/2018
Critters
Had my truck worked on several weeks ago here and watched them crawl on their hands and knees on top of the engine while doing the work. Several days after we smell diesel fuel coming through the vents. Took it in for another look and they tell me they don't know exactly where it is coming from but suspect "critters" got under the manifold, that it will be eight hours of labor minimum to take apart the top of the engine to find out where the leak is coming from. (WHAT?) And this was after I dropped off the truck at 5am so they could get started early and at 3pm they hadn't even touched it. That is until we called to check the status, they put us on hold and forgot we were on the phone. Don't let these Critters under your hood!

Monte M.
Silverdale, WA
04/01/2018
don't stop at 1 opinion
Was told $4500-5000 to repair diagnosed "torque converter shudder" of transmission. Got another quote of $5366 for a remanufactured transmission from a different shop. Then I talked to someone who actually knew and understood Honda transmissions. He said there was about a 20 percent chance dirty transmission fluid was causing the shudder. Replaced the transmission fluid myself for $33 in about 10 minutes and problem was solved. Draw your own conclusions... Have to admit I did get some useful info out of the 30 point inspection performed.

Chris W.
Seattle, WA
Subaru Legacy
11/22/2017 Category: Service
Chris said he brought his vehicle in to have a band adjustment done on his transmission, but this business advised him that his transmission does not have a band adjustment on it. He was baffled by this response so he picked his vehicle back up. The staff were polite but they didn't do very good work. For the reasons specified, he would not recommend this business for service.

SD
Sergio D.
11/17/2017 Category: Service
Sergio said the service was good but his heater doesn't work now.

BA
Bob A.
Port Ludlow, WA
Volvo XC90
07/18/2017
Too long to get an estimate
I was told when I could get an estimate for my problem. It didn't happen because a lift was not available. So I paid $90 to learn a error code that I already knew and 2 test drives?!?!

RK
Rob K.
Belfair, WA
Chevrolet Silverado
05/17/2016 Category: Service
Rob said this business did work without his authorization. They put an incorrect part in his transmission and he returned to this business the next day.

AW
Amber W.
Bremerton, WA
Chevrolet Pickup
12/04/2015
twice shy Babe!
Ouch. Took my truck to diagnose reverse in 2010. They cut out the torque converter and charged $700.00 without telling me. They sent me away problem unfixed.? Now, late 2015 I took it back to see if they could fix the problem. In short they strung me along and misreprested the cost of the transmission fix with other diagnostic problems (truck ran ok prior). Thus, I was quoted for the entirety if the fixes vs just the transmission to fix it. Come to find out , the transmission portion of the bill was only $2200.00 while representing it as $3900.00 the total of additional undisclosed charges for parts and premium hourly rates. I find this unethical and predatory business practice. Honestly 0 stars for you Silverdale Transmission, good luck

Roshawn C.
Plymouth Neon
10/18/2015
Didn't get the service i read with their reviews online, felt very cheated!
First of all i had my car towed there for a bracket that needed welded, asked for an estimate and it was over 400$? After looking over the estimate i realized there was a clutch kit in the estimate, which i had not approved but apparently my car needed one. So i felt pressured into getting a clutch, so approved the clutch to be done. 1,460 dollars later its done so i make payments. Now they tell me car wont start after they installed new battery cables its gonna cost me another amount to have it tested. Shouldn't they be responsible for the car not starting. Cuz i never had this problem before they worked on it and the car sat for over a year!!?? Very disappointed and felt robbed. I expected the owner to help me in this matter and make things right...
Mike H., president from Silverdale Transmission responded on 11/06/2015

Hi Rashawn, Thank you for giving us the opportunity to go back over the repairs that where done on your vehicle. We greatly appreciate have you as a customer