Latest Review about 1 month ago

Aseelah S.
Palmdale, CA
04/02/2021
SmogMart is Great
Great customer Service! Friendly service highly recommended.. Leandra at the front desk will take care of you 👍🏽

Justin W.
03/20/2021
Great employees . Work fast as possible , great environment everyone is very helpful and great attitude. Went in for smog and it didn’t take as long as I thought. They have very comfortable couches to sit on while waiting and great prices.

J W.
03/20/2021
Very friendly
All employees are super cool and like to get to customers as fast as possible. Nice building with very comfortable couches to sit on while waiting. I highly recommend coming here 10/10 rating

GW
Gerald W.
01/20/2021
Outstanding customer service with a smile
I took my car in because my brake light kept coming on and my car would pull to the right when I started to brake.
I was met at the front door my employee named Romy with a smile, he offered me a cup of coffee while I waited to be served.
My rear brake drums couldn't be taken off to inspect and my front brakes were in bad condition also.
I was lucky that my car was stopping because my brakes were so bad.
By chance Rome was the tech employee who worked on my brakes.
He did a outstanding job servicing my brakes to get my car back on the road safely.
Everything that needed to be done was detailed explained with how much it would cost me to have it done with no surprises.
Great customer service by all staff
I found a great place to get my cars serviced.

AK
Angi K.
01/16/2021
Quick service
Came to smog the vehicle. It was a quick process. Would recommend stopping by if you need to get it done.

Catherine W.
01/06/2021
Nice and helpful
Not too long wait time and prices are reasonable.
Would like to see oil change prices listed along with the smog prices.

EM
Elisha M.
01/05/2021
Absolutely amazing
I love this place went above and beyond real life hero’s I couldn’t make it through this tough time with out them

Steve H.
Roseville, CA
12/29/2020
This shop doesn't follow BAR guidelines. Crooks.
I'm not a fan of writing 1 star reviews because I'd hate to sound like a brat, but I feel this is warranted as the owner states that he "has to follow rules and regulations of BAR", but still doesn't.

I had someone purchase my vehicle that was stock, aside from an intercooler, which is legal to have installed if the turbocharger is unmodified. I sent him to this shop to have the smog check completed because it was close to where he lived. The car failed the visual inspection due to the intercooler and hoses. I replaced the hoses with the factory hoses and it still failed.

I called the shop to get an explanation on the failure and I spoke with whoever answered then phone and then Roman, the tech who performed the smog check. After explaining that on Page 49, the BAR Smog Manual states that if the turbocharger is FACTORY, an EO number is not required for the intercooler. Roman didn't appear to know this and said that because the intercooler was not factory, it will not pass. This shop seems to have precedence or believes that their belief supersedes BAR guidelines. They have also stated "that in doubt, they will fail it" despite it being within BAR guidelines. This is crooked. They're failing my car to force me to pay again to get it smogged. Yes, I can go back within 15 days for a retest, but it should not have failed the second time.

For reference, from the BAR's Smog Manual - " For the purpose of a Smog Check inspection, inspectors are only required to verify the EO as listed in this table. Any add-on or modified part not otherwise addressed on this table must have an EO and be verified during inspection.

I took this to another shop and explained this situation and the smog shop had ZERO issue passing the visual and smog. I told them the information that this smog shop presented and he said "that is what happens when SMOG technicians don't know what they're doing and think they abide by their own rules".

Long story short, these guys made getting a smog a hassle and they don't seem to follow the BAR guidelines for smog. They follow their personal beliefs despite have guidelines laid out for them. I've filed a complaint against this shop with BAR and have scheduled an appointment to bring this car to the BAR Referee for review DESPITE having already passed. The fact they seem to think they can "fail when in doubt" shows a lack of education and contradicts the owners "statement" on why he started this business. It's simply a cash grab for him.

I can't recommend another station nearby as I don't live in this area anymore, but I'm sure there are higher rated places in Sacramento than Smog Mart.

I hope you are ready to still back your technician - Roman for falsifying my smog by saying things were tampered when they were not.

NM
Nadia M.
02/08/2020
Had my car smoged
Had my smog done today. I was a walk in and walk ins are welcomed. Was there about an hour or less. Tje customer service was excellent. The place was clean. I am a satisfied customer. I would recommend to get your smog done and other services done that they offer.

EH
Edgar H.
Elk Grove, CA
01/30/2020
Never been to this place and it a amazing place to be here when you need the help. Everyone is nice, they want to help you make sure everything is good. It one of the best place I ever been

YN
yuri n.
Elk Grove, CA
Pontiac Vibe
03/23/2017
Staff: friendly, knowledgeable, honest.
Highly recommend : staff very friendly, knowledgeable, honest. Excellent service.

Jimena B.
03/17/2017 Category: Service
Jimena said the technicians at this business are good. She appreciates them.

VW
VONYA W.
Chevrolet Chevy Express
03/14/2017
They stand behind their work.
I had my engine replaced. I'm very pleased with the work.

Albert M.
03/14/2017 Category: Service
Spoke with Margaret. She said the repair was only supposed to take 45 minutes to get done but instead she was there for almost 2 hours. She was not given a reason for the delay. She was not satisfied that it took twice as long as they said it would it take.

Ralanda M.
03/13/2017 Category: Service
Ralanda said the all of the staff were very friendly. They provided good service.