JV
JAMES V.
Buick Rendezvous
01/18/2017
Recent Oil Change
Great people who go out of their way to make it a pleasant experience.

SA
Shay A.
Shingle Springs, CA
07/10/2016
Quid pro Quo
First thing Smog Mart offer discounts on oil change for reviews, quid pro quo. So I suspect a lot of these reviews were for discounted service. I brought my car in for a brake and lamp inspection. I was told my rear brakes needed to be replaced. The estimate was for almost $500, just for the rear brakes. Big O Tires who does my tire rotations told me I had more than 50% life left , and flat out told me I was getting ripped off. I was told I needed to have the work done there or I would have to pay for a new inspection. I took up the issue to Consumer Affairs. They lied to Consumer Affairs and told them I had little life to my rear brakes. That is not what they told me. I was told they were out of specs and needed to be replaced. I won the case but only receive half of the money refunded for the inspection. Stay Away
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 07/11/2016

Hello Shelly L. I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience we have caused you. We take all of our customers concerns very seriously. I have thoroughly reviewed your invoice, you requested for us to perform a DMV brake n light inspection for $90. $45 for light and $45 for brake. We found that your rear passenger side wheel cylinder was leaking and needed to be replaced in order to pass the brake inspection. We recommended for the shoes and drums to be replaced at the same time as a preventative maintenance since they were very close to spec. It was cheaper in labor to do it all together.

The reason you received a partial refund was not because we measured incorrectly but was because you declined for us to remove a wheel lug nut that was crossed thread on the rear driver side not allowing us to complete the brake inspection. Since we could not complete the brake inspection we agreed with consumer’s affairs (BAR) that a refund was due.

Regarding BIG O tires claim. We use tools regulated and authorized by BAR for the inspection and show all of our customers the issue’s found. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything I can do for you regarding this or any other issues.

Thank you.

STACY S.
Chevrolet Corvette
06/22/2016
Smog Test with billiards
Nice reception---kept on handing me cold water bottles during my visit. SacBee in waiting area. Dedicated staff to work/customer service was nice. Good place.

06/22/2016
Smog Test with billiars
Nice reception----kept on handing me cold water bottles during my stay. SacBee in waiting area. Dedicated staff to work/customers was nice. Good place.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 06/22/2016

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I hope you accidently gave us a 1 star. If that's the case please re score, thank you very much.

SD
STEVE D.
Galt, CA
Acura 3.5RL
05/10/2016
Don't use Groupons here!!!
I used a groupon to help save a little money for a smog test. I was failed because they said I had a leak in my air hose. There wasn't a hole just a crack and after taking it to 3 other dealers, and a parts store, they all said it was ridiculous to fail me because of that.. They want to charge me $150 to replace the hose, and a little glue would suffice!!! All because I was trying to save money. They also made other recommendations for over $2000 of extra repair that I don't think is necessary. If you're not a mechanic, you have to take their word, and I'm not sure I believe them.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 05/10/2016

Hello Steve Dodd, I am really sorry for your unpleasant experience at our shop. Unfortunately we have to follow the requirements of the BAR smog rules and a torn intake boot hose would be a failure. Per BAR there may not be any tape or glue to hold the hose together.

Regarding the recommendations, I wanted to know if the technician or service writer took you back into the shop to show you what they found. Our process is to show all of our customers the repairs needed to be done so you can see and understand what is going on.

I would like to give you 10% off the smog repairs needed and perform a free smog retest if you would be willing to come back to give us another shot.
Feel free to contact me at anytime.

916 284-6714 cell
916 427-7664 shop

IS
ISRAEL S.
Roseville, CA
03/06/2016
Break&Lamp Inspection
Had the inspection done.The guy told me that my car didn't pass told me I needed to fix break pads,some clips in the front head lights etc etc.So that all related to the exam i get it.But then the tech told i needed to fix suspension problems that he said the car had,now that has nothing to do with the B&L. Inspection but he told me that I needed to fix that so my car can pass.I took the car to another shop and did the exam there,they fixed the pads that I needed to pass.They told me that I didn't need to fix the suspention problems that this shop told me.This shop is trying to fix things in my car does not need just to get more money from me.So I will never do business with them anymore.

Mattie B.
02/06/2016 Category: Service
Mattie said this business looked at her brakes and told her nothing was wrong with them. She can still hear the noise they claim not to have heard. She believes something is wrong with the brakes.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 02/08/2016

Thank you for letting us know that there is something wrong with the brakes. The first time you come in we drove together and could not hear any brake noise. Please come back ASAP so we can both take another drive to attempt to fiqure out the issue.

Josh P.
California
Acura Integra
10/12/2015 Category: Service
Josh said he is not happy with the business. He went in for 3 weeks trying to get service and the business was either too busy or the mechanic was not available. It was a waste of his time.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 10/13/2015

Hello Josh P.

I am very sorry for your inconvenience, there is no excuse to why your vehicle was not complete and you had to waste so much time. I appreciate you leaving this review since it helps me understand where and what we are doing wrong allowing us to fix these issues for our customers.

If you have not already had the brake & lamp inspection completed at another station, I would like to perform the service for you at no charge.

Please let me know if that is something you would be interested in so I can set up an appointment for you at your earliest convenience.

smogmart@gmail.com
smogmart.com

KX
Kat X.
Elk Grove, CA
Honda Accord
09/10/2015 Category: Service
Kat said she was provided good service during past visits and the employees provided great customer service. She does not suspect the vehicles' brakes were repaired correctly on this visit. She then took it to another facility where they redid it and showed her the differences between the work.
Naveed A., Store Manager from Smog Mart Inc responded on 09/11/2015

Hello Kat, I remember you very well Kat and you are a very dear customer to us. I do remember doing a lot of work on your vehicle especially on the brakes. It seems that you got the issue resolved at another shop. Please call me or respond to let me know what had happened and where we went wrong. I would like to make sure that this does not happen with any other customers and would like to see if there is anything that I can do for you.