Sun Automotive - Springfield

JO
JD O.
Eugene, OR
04/27/2020
Paid $2,500 and ended up worse than before - Only able to sale as junk after paying bill
I don't think I ended up losing so much on this experience because Sun is bad or anything like that. I think I ended up losing so much because I drew a mechanic who did not know what he was doing. If you did any research on the internet on the 5.4 Ford engine you will find that they say they had a bad problem with phase adjusters, and describe the symptoms my truck had. My 2004 Ford F150 was missing, loosing power, backfiring, was told it was likely phase adjusters. After paying $2,500 to have it repaired, still had problems and they got worse until the truck quit running all together. Had it towed in and discovered that a bad phase adjuster had finally come apart and a piston hit the valves and destroyed the head. I was told that it would not be covered by their 3 year warranty because they had not replaced the phase adjusters. I thought that was what I paid the $2,500 for. At that point, the truck was not worth putting another $4,500 - $5,500 (estimate) into it so I sold it for $1,000 to try and at least recover some of the repair bill I had already paid. The truck only had 69,000 miles on it when I bought it and about 87,000 when I sold it as junk. $5,950 for the truck, $2,500 to have it not fixed. Total $8,450 to drive it about 18,000 miles. Not counting gas, that comes to about $.50 a mile not counting gas & oil.

Rik W.
Eugene, OR
01/23/2019
Bad company taking advantage of women
Charge 550$ to replace a 36$ part.
Ripping people off.

KC
Karen C.
06/07/2017
Revised review
My initial review was good but I wrote it right after leaving the shop for the first time. I have meant to submit this because my issue wasn't resolved in what I believe was the correct manner. I initially took my vehicle in to have the A.C. recharged because after approx 10minutes it would blow hot air. I was told I would have to pay for them to inspect it in case it was something other than a recharge that was needed. I paid for the service and the cost to recharge only to find the AC did the same thing next day when I drove it more than 10 minutes. I called and took it back, after this day in the shop they tell me it is a coil or something in the A.C. unit that needs fixed so I could do that for around $800 or replace the whole thing for $1000. I was glad they finally found the problem but in my opinion they should have found this issue during the initial inspection so I didn't have to pay to recharge a broken A.C. unit. I feel I am out that money due to the initial diagnosis being wrong. The people there were all very nice but I doubt I will go back. I work at a non profit and am on a budget so this unnecessary mechanic bill set me back.

SN
Stephen N.
12/20/2016
Over priced
They over price you and do things that are not needed. You can't get out the door with a minimum of a $1000

TC
Trish C.
Hyundai Santa Fe
10/08/2014 Category: Service
Trish said this business would not fix the vehicle the way she wanted it and then told the car lot about the vehicle, which they had no right to do. She feels he should not have talked about it to anyone but her. She would not recommend them to others for the reasons mentioned.
Craig N., Owner/Operator from Sun Automotive - Springfield responded on 10/14/2014

Trish had the vehicle towed in to Sun Automotive for diagnosis on the Hyundai Santa Fe. It was verified that the engine needed to be replaced due to internal damage.  Trish elected to trade the vehicle in to a local dealer and the Dealer paid for the diagnostic charges as part of a trade in. At that point, they owned the vehicle it what was  asked of us to explain the failure and repair needs. Because the dealership paid for the repairs and took ownership, we felt that honest disclosure was needed so that all party's were aware of the vehicles condition moving forward. We would hate to see a vehicle be sold to a customer without there knowledge of its condition.

Curtis B.
05/22/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Kelly. She said she had the vehicle put on the machine, which said it was a hose under the engine area that would be a $800 repair. It ended up being a hose that was on top of the vehicle that was a $23 fix. Everyone was very nice, but integrity wise, she and Curtis were let down.

RT
Rainbow T.
Kia Sedona
04/05/2014
Not Good
Here is a copy of an email that was sent to us from Sun Automotive regarding my wife's appointment for Friday, April 4th, 2014: Dear Rainbow Tornell:

Our records indicate that you are scheduled for service on Friday 4/4/2014 at 9:00 AM. If you are unable to make your scheduled appointment, please reply to this email or call (541) 746-6430 to reschedule.

This appointment is for the following location: Sun Automotive 255 S A St; Springfield, OR 97477

When my wife got there, they told her that she was not in their system for that day. She had to pick up the kids from school early that day, so there was a problem getting the car done in time. It ended up getting done in time, but only after many calls from her to the office. She was there at 10 minutes before 9:00 and finally picked up the car at noon! For an oil change. A little long I think. Hopefully there is not a problem like this again because we would like to keep using you.
Craig N., Owner/Operator from Sun Automotive - Springfield responded on 05/13/2014

Sun Automotive would like to take the oppertunity and appologize for the clear inconvienience that was felt on the part of our Springfield customer. During that time frame it was discovered a concern with the software that supported the schedule within our management system. We have corrected the issue and hope that in the future both the schedule and the service will return to our high standards. Thank you again and  sorry for the inconvenience from the Springfield Team at Sun Automotive.

Craig Noel
General Manager

CP
Cody P.
Dodge Charger
03/03/2014
They never got to my car even after an appointment and also unhappy with Alignment done as well.
I'm not happy with this place. I had made an appointment the week before to get my car looked at. I had dropped my car off like I had mentioned at 11AM. They had my car all day never got to.. It's like why did I even bother making an appointment if they couldn't get to my car.. Not to mention after I had my car in for an alignment I was still getting bad front end viberation at around 60.. and they wanted to charge me another $80.. So... would I take my car back to sun... nope... not at all..
Craig N., Owner/Operator from Sun Automotive - Springfield responded on 03/04/2014

Sun Automotive was not able to align Cody's Charger that day as there were concerns with the "used" front tires he had purchased.  Cody arrived early at 3:30pm that afternoon to pick up his vehicle. We offered to perform the alignment at No Charge the following day. Cody stated that he would return and we arranged to stop production to perform the alignment for him.  Cody never arrived the following day. Sun Automotive will allways honor the alignment at No Charge for Cody and appologizes for the inconvenience that was felt on Cody's part.

BC
Brad C.
02/28/2013 Category: Service
Brad said they took all day for a simple project, which was finding the coolant leak on his vehicle and they are way over priced. He would not recommend this business for the reasons mentioned.