Sun Automotive - Springfield

Latest Review about 1 month ago

JO
JD O.
04/27/2020
Paid $2,500 and ended up worse than before - Only able to sale as junk after paying bill
I don't think I ended up losing so much on this experience because Sun is bad or anything like that. I think I ended up losing so much because I drew a mechanic who did not know what he was doing. If you did any research on the internet on the 5.4 Ford engine you will find that they say they had a bad problem with phase adjusters, and describe the symptoms my truck had. My 2004 Ford F150 was missing, loosing power, backfiring, was told it was likely phase adjusters. After paying $2,500 to have it repaired, still had problems and they got worse until the truck quit running all together. Had it towed in and discovered that a bad phase adjuster had finally come apart and a piston hit the valves and destroyed the head. I was told that it would not be covered by their 3 year warranty because they had not replaced the phase adjusters. I thought that was what I paid the $2,500 for. At that point, the truck was not worth putting another $4,500 - $5,500 (estimate) into it so I sold it for $1,000 to try and at least recover some of the repair bill I had already paid. The truck only had 69,000 miles on it when I bought it and about 87,000 when I sold it as junk. $5,950 for the truck, $2,500 to have it not fixed. Total $8,450 to drive it about 18,000 miles. Not counting gas, that comes to about $.50 a mile not counting gas & oil.

Marcia C.
07/24/2019
Integrity, Phenomenal Customer Service
Recently, I took my car into an auto repair shop in Eugene for an oil and brake fluid change. I also told them that my car had a squeak on the rear passenger side when I drove over bumps in the road. I also told them that when it rained, it didn't squeak. Well, it rained the night before so they could not duplicate the squeak. On the service report they said, and I quote, "suspension, struts, shocks and sway bar appear to be in good shape." I left the shop, drove about 2 minutes, and my car started to squeak. So, I returned to the shop. The technician drove with me and heard the squeak. He said he wanted to take another look. After about a 15 minute wait, he returned to tell me that the sway bar was totally rusted, and that the shocks and struts needed to be replaced. The cost for the shocks and struts would be 1,100 dollars. I wasn't sure how I went from everything's fine to everything needs to be replaced in the same hour. I told them I'd think about it. The next day I was at work in a flower shop down the street from Sun. In walks a man wearing a Sun Automotive uniform. My coworker told him about what happened to me the day before. He said that I needed a second opinion and that he would personally look at my car. His name was Kevin. Several days later I took my car in so Kevin could take a look. His diagnosis was that the shocks, struts and sway bar were fine. The squeak was from the rubber bushing that had dried out. He lubricated the bushing, and guess what, NO SQUEAK! He said it would have been ridiculous to replace the shocks and struts. I was expecting to pay a diagnostic charge, but Kevin said " No Charge". He just said, keep us in mind for future service and repairs. Not only will they be my new car service and repair place, I will refer them to all my friends and family. Everyone there was PHENOMENAL!!! Thank You Kevin and Thank You Springfield Sun Automotive.

KD
Kate D.
Blue River, OR
04/18/2019
This was my second experience with this company and it was every bit as positive as the first time. My BMW runs better now than it did when I drove it home for the first time eight years ago. Will definitely be a return customer.

Rik W.
01/23/2019
Bad company taking advantage of women
Charge 550$ to replace a 36$ part.
Ripping people off.

Steven H.
Pleasant Hill, OR
06/25/2018
UPDATE ON Ranger Truck
I just received a call from Craig Noel, the boss at SUN Automotive! We talked for at least 10 minutes, he explained exactly what was going on, and quelled my fears. I now Know I and my truck are in great hands. Just a bit of mis communication prior.
THANKS TO Craig Noel!

Michele W.
02/08/2018
Can I give 1OO stars???
I am a female (I wish that wasn't relevant.... but it is) and I had an 'unserviceable' part break in my 1995 Toyota Tacoma and while it took almost two weeks without my car, these AMAZING PEOPLE did all the leg work, paid for parts to be shipped and sent back from wrecking yards, all that extra labor at no charge, gave me a loaner for free after the 6th part did not fit, and just REDUCED my price by $10.00 because the part that finally worked was cheaper!!! Totally unheard of in that industry IMO. I have NEVER experienced a more professional, kind, and competent shop in my life and I've been driving for 33 years.

THANK YOU SUN AUTOMOTIVE!!!

KC
Karen C.
06/07/2017
Revised review
My initial review was good but I wrote it right after leaving the shop for the first time. I have meant to submit this because my issue wasn't resolved in what I believe was the correct manner. I initially took my vehicle in to have the A.C. recharged because after approx 10minutes it would blow hot air. I was told I would have to pay for them to inspect it in case it was something other than a recharge that was needed. I paid for the service and the cost to recharge only to find the AC did the same thing next day when I drove it more than 10 minutes. I called and took it back, after this day in the shop they tell me it is a coil or something in the A.C. unit that needs fixed so I could do that for around $800 or replace the whole thing for $1000. I was glad they finally found the problem but in my opinion they should have found this issue during the initial inspection so I didn't have to pay to recharge a broken A.C. unit. I feel I am out that money due to the initial diagnosis being wrong. The people there were all very nice but I doubt I will go back. I work at a non profit and am on a budget so this unnecessary mechanic bill set me back.

Dee C.
05/10/2017
Integrity
This place is great fair honest.

TD
Tom D.
04/27/2017
I am soooooo pleased!
These guys (and gals) are the very beat. Very professional, friendly, and yes, trustworthy! My experience is this: Four months earlier, I had a coil fail on my 2005 Toyota Avalon. I was encouraged to replace 3 coils (there are 6) because of their location in my engine. Done deal, and I was pleased with the service. Unfortunately, four months later, one of the very same coils failed (presumably a factory defect). While the shop could have said it was one of the 3 which hadn't been changed in the first place, instead they determined it was one they had installed earlier - a "call-back". The upshot is that the previous work was under warranty and they repaired it at no cost to me. And, they were friendly about it. So nice. I would recommend this shop to my best friends.

AJ
Aurora J.
Honda Accord
01/03/2017 Category: Service
Aurora said she was pleased with the service, the quality of the workmanship, and the timing in which her vehicle was ready. The staff did a good job.

Deann S.
12/26/2016 Category: Service
Deann said her vehicle had synthetic oil and when they performed the oil change they put in conventional oil instead.

DT
David T.
Chrysler Town
12/23/2016 Category: Service
David said this business was very helpful. They fixed his original issue for free and just told him to return for an oil change. When he went back they went through everything and told him what he needed done.

CG
Carlos G.
Mazda 3
12/21/2016 Category: Service
Carlos said this business seemed pretty honest and sincere. They always call him if they see anything else wrong with his vehicle. They let him know. They write him statements to remind him what needs to be done next.

SN
Stephen N.
12/20/2016
Over priced
They over price you and do things that are not needed. You can't get out the door with a minimum of a $1000

LV
Lisle V.
12/15/2016
Friendly, honest service
We rely on the friendly, honest service we get from Sun Automotive. We always appreciate having all our options clearly explained when repairs are needed, with no sales pressure.

Displaying 1 Review