Sun Automotive - Springfield

GS
Gayle S.
Mercury Grand Marquis
09/09/2016 Category: Service
Gayle said the business miss diagnosed her vehicle, and told her she needed a new battery. She has heard nothing but good things about them but if it wasn't for that incident, the overall experience would have been perfect.

Michelle C.
Mazda Protege5
08/19/2016
Take a closer look at the battery when doing routine inspections...
Thank you for the work that you've done on my car, but you did miss that my battery was almost dead. Luckily, I took my car to Les Schwab who made me aware and I was able to get it replaced. You may to want have your mechanics take a quick look at the battery when they're doing an inspection. I was getting ready to take a long trip to the desert and this would of been really bad had it failed.

KE
Katherine E.
07/19/2016 Category: Service
Katherine said she dropped off her vehicle and had to leave it overnight because they were busy. She called the business and could not get an update on her vehicle. She had to go in person to get an update. The front desk guy, was sweet and friendly, and doing a good job handling the front desk all alone.
Craig N., Owner/Operator from Sun Automotive - Springfield responded on 07/20/2016

Katherine,
Sun Automtoive would like to take the opportunity and appologize to Katherine for the lack of communication. There were Cable issues for all of the Comcast Business customers in the area that prevent inbound calls from reaching us. We would like to thank Katherine for her patience and understanding.

CK
Cody K.
Chevrolet Venture
05/28/2016
Coffee machine
Disappointed in the lack of communication on my last visit on 5/27/16. I was lead to believe that my van was repaired, but it was only diagnosed. I was given an estimate of @$180, which I was ready to pay for, but when I went to pick it up, it was not repaired & was told that now the charge would be over $400. I was charged $54 for the diagnosis, but I already knew what was wrong. When I got into my van in the parking lot & turned it on, the fan switch was not working. I went into the office again & then found out it wasnt fixed. Somebody at the office called me before I got there & they stated that the van would be completed by 2:00. This whole matter was totally confusing. I don't feel satisfied with the service I received as I have been satisfied in the past. I still need the repair done & would like the $54 applied to the repair. I have no fan to work my defroster, etc. please advise.
Thanks...Cody Kennedy

Bonnie H.
07/17/2015
Communication...?
Generally speaking you guys are great. However, I specifically asked that the Ranger be done by 10am and was assured that it would be. I assumed that someone would call before 10am to let us know it was done. Not so. I finally had to call after 10:30am. Why was this an issue? Not being notified that the Ranger could be picked up at 10am created a logistical problem for all the rest of the appointments for our day in which the Ranger played an important role. Not helpful at all.
I am getting tired of the sporadic communication.
I also hope that the flat tire the Ranger ended up with by 5pm that same day wasn't due to your service or your parking lot.
Craig N., Owner/Operator from Sun Automotive - Springfield responded on 07/20/2015

Bonnie,
I so appoligize for the miss communication. I certainly can undrstand how the remainder of a day can be effected if something does not go as planned. It does appear that the need for the Ranger to be completed by 10am was not relayed to our Oil Change coordinator. We will correct this in the future and as allways........we ALL appreciate your business and your Trust in Sun Automtoive.

Ken B.
06/03/2015 Category: Service
Ken said he had to take his vehicle back to this business three times for it to be fixed correctly.
Craig N., Owner/Operator from Sun Automotive - Springfield responded on 06/03/2015

The Team at Sun Automotive expresses a sinsere appology to Ken as he did have a bad experience with regard to the repairs specific to the fuel pump. Although situations like this are rare, we make every attempt to pass along valuable information to the parts manufacturer from the field so that this issue can be resolved for others in the future. We thank Ken for his patience and again appologize for his experience during the repair.
His Trust in us is greatly valued.

CL
Conway L.
Pleasant Hill, OR
Dodge Caravan
12/24/2014
My First Disappointment With Sun Automotive
I took my van in for a drive belt installation and left it. I was told it would be ready the same day. Later I was called and told that they had trouble with
the getting the right parts. They had tried two different kits. I wasn't able to have my van until the next day, which was very inconvenient. The work was done correctly.

Michael P.
BMW 325is
11/17/2014 Category: Service
Michael said they fixed his vehicle quickly but they should not charge for the diagnostic if he is going to move forward with repairs. Unless the business is not going to repair the vehicle then they should charge for the diagnostic. They usually vacuum, but this time his vehicle did not get vacuumed.

Doug D.
06/13/2014 Category: Service
Doug said he had to take the vehicle back to the business twice before the repairs were completed properly.
Craig N., Owner/Operator from Sun Automotive - Springfield responded on 06/17/2014

The Sun Automotive Team would like to appologize to Doug regarding his need for a second visit. During the first visit, it was noted that the engine was over filled by 2 quarts. His concern could have been related to the overfilled engine oil level and with an Oil Change due already, we did not want to replace a sensor if it was not needed. It turn out to be a faulty sensor and we understand why the second return visit was inconvenient and did not charge Doug for the rediagnosis.

BL
Brian L.
Ford Expedition
06/11/2014 Category: Service
Brian said he did not have a good overall experience with this business because when he received his vehicle the battery was dead.
Craig N., Owner/Operator from Sun Automotive - Springfield responded on 06/13/2014

The Sun Automotive Team would like to take this opportunity to appologize to Mr. Leu his inconvenience but clearify the situation. His vehicle was towed in with a Spark Plug that had blown out. There were pieces down in the engine that were shown (by picture) to our customer and he was advised to not start the engine as severe engine damage would occur. Sun Automotive did start the vehicle at any time. Mr. Leu declined all repairs and the vehicle was towed away in the same condition it arrived with the battery disconnected.  The safety with our customers will always come first.

PP
Paul P.
Creswell, OR
05/13/2014
scheduling service
It took 3 calls to have this happen. It used to only take one. I prefer the old method when I instantly was connected with a service rep. The service was great as always.

JJ
Jocelyn J.
Dodge Stratus
05/17/2013
Great customer service but overpriced
I came to Sun Automotive to get my brakes inspected and possibly serviced. The gentlemen were nice and friendly and didn't try to scam me because I am a woman. However they wanted to charge me $335.00 to replace the shoes on my rear drum brakes on my 2004 Dodge Stratus. I did my research and found I could replace the shoes myself for $65.00! I also called other local businesses to see what they charge and found that other highly rated shops were still only charging half of what Sun Automotive wanted.