CG
Charles G.
Myakka City, FL
08/24/2020
Bad experience
If you bring your car here you will likely need to bring it back multiple times for the same issue and just pray they don’t find something else to charge you for. Has happened to me the last couple times I needed service on different vehicles. The most recent situation cost me 4 times within 2 weeks to bring it back to fix the ac. Not once twice or “third time’s the charm”...4times. The 4th time required me to diagnose it myself first before I brought it back. They agreed with my diagnosis and still did not own up to having caused the issue while working on the compressor in the first place. And if you think they’ll take care of you because you’ve been a loyal customer and have a history of spending $9k the past few years on multiple vehicles, well, they don’t care.. in fact, when I bring that up the owner says things like “I don’t buy that” and “not gonna happen” ...you’ll never hear an apology here and they’ll spin it like they’re doing you a favor by looking at it again. I once in the past would have recommended this place to others, but now I recommend to do yourself a favor and save time by avoiding service here

John A.
08/11/2020
A little disappointed
Took my car to get the AC fixed in late May. It was not cheap but that wasn't a huge surprise. It worked decently for a month before it began to lose cold air. It was eventually blowing hot just like it did when I took it in the first time. The second time, I was told it was a leaking hose that wasn't leaking before, but that (in summary) this wasn't an unexpected issue. Despite the experts knowing this could be a problem during the first repair, I was charged full price for both diagnosis and service for the second repair. Considering the fact that this wasn't unexpected but it was not brought up to me during the first repair, I feel like they could have at least not charged me for the diagnosis. Disappointed that this was not even a consideration on their part.
Mike & Jeneen T. from Superior Auto Repair responded on 08/13/2020

The team at Superior Auto Repair was saddened to read your feedback from the recent visit to our shop involving the AC system of your 2010 Ford Focus. It is never our intention to disappoint a customer especially one that has used our services for close to 2 years. However there are times that unintentionally a secondary part weakness will pop up after a major repair, like in this case with the AC repair completed in June where major components were replaced as dictated by the condition presented at that time. It is not standard practice to replace ALL AC system components when doing a repair, only those that have failed, as replacing everything would make the repair costs astronomical.  But when working with a 10 year old vehicle with 171,000+ miles it is not surprising that once a system is repaired other components may fail because of age and miles as happened here with the possibility of other components failing in the future. In order to determine the cause for the AC not being as cold as it should, the technician needed to evaluate the system. Yes we did charge a fee to find the cause but it was only half of the norm to perform the evaluation/evacuate & recharge to follow the dye path. So even though you felt we did not provide any consideration, we actually did. We do hope that you will consider us for future vehicle needs and continue our relationship as part of your vehicle care team.

V
Valued Customer
Deerfield Beach, FL
Chevrolet Express Cargo Van
01/28/2020
Great attention
This place is super fast and the price is really good

INFINITI G37 Coupe
11/12/2019
Was upset by the charges.
Will not go back for service.
Mike & Jeneen T. from Superior Auto Repair responded on 11/22/2019

The SAR team is surprised by your comments.  All customers are informed of charges prior to start of any work and have the opportunity to decline.  During this visit, we were asked to evaluate a loud exhaust condition, provide estimate to repair condition and complete an oil change. To properly repair the issue with the exhaust is quite pricey because the y-pipe needed is a limited availability, dealer only item since the aftermarket part suppliers do not have product for this application.  We will always provide less expensive parts options, if available.

Ram 1500
09/21/2019
Just a bit pricey
Felt they charged way too much. Asked others what they would charge for same thing and it was quite a bit less. They took advantage of the situation.When I looked up cost of parts they more then double the cost of part. So far vehicle is running fine. Think I shout have called a tow truck and went somewhere else.
Mike & Jeneen T. from Superior Auto Repair responded on 09/24/2019

Glad to hear that our repair has the vehicle running fine and back on the road safely as compared to how it arrived at our shop. We understand how you may feel that your unexpected vehicle repair may be a bit pricey. People come to Superior Auto Repair for vehicle maintenance and repairs because we have factory trained, skilled technicians with decades of experience. Our goal is to get your vehicle condition diagnosed and repaired with quality OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts in a quick, efficient manner to get you back on the road safely, in most cases the same day, as in your case. Our pricing is competitive with other independent repair shops using the same quality parts and level of trained technician. There is always someone in any trade or business type who will do a service or a repair for less money but not always comparing like materials and workmanship. We are disappointed to hear that you feel our pricing was a bit high however, we hope you find the value in our service level and quality and may give us an opportunity to earn back your business.

Nissan 350Z
08/21/2019
overpriced and extra labor costs for a simple 5 minute job, I won't come back nor will I recommend them.
Mike & Jeneen T. from Superior Auto Repair responded on 09/11/2019

Amazed by your comments regarding your recent visit to our shop. Before we began the requested work, we informed you of the pricing, the process and you agreed to time and price by signing our estimate/repair order.  The task on the vehicle took longer than the time you mentioned but we completed as promised.  We are saddened that you feel less than satified.  We welcome the opportunity to assist you with a future need and earn your business.

Kari S.
Myakka City, FL
04/05/2019
Rip-offs
Went in to get a routine oil change and tire rotations. They broke a stud from my wheel and told me to come back the next business day to fix it when they could get another one. I came back and they were too busy and told me to come back the next day. I called on the way on in to make sure they could still do the repairs and that's when they told me they were going to charge me parts PLUS labor to fix the broken stud that they broke. I ended up spending another $80 for a $7 part that they broke. I will never go back nor will I recommend anyone to visit this shop.

Jerry S.
01/25/2019
Totally Unsatisfied!
I took my CRV to them because it was making a terrible grating noise. I was pleased with how fast they diagnosed the problem and authorized them to fix it.
Then when I picked up the car and started it, it was still making the same noise! They hadn't fixed it at all!
They went on to say to diagnose the problem would be very expensive and they (mechanic and manager) thought I "should just drive it!"
How do I feel? Like they keep old parts on the bench to show (older) customers, set the car aside and then call us to get over $400 from us. What a total RIP off!

Ray S.
GMC Acadia
09/20/2017
Engine and AC diagnostics
I had scanned the engine code myself and paid additional $98 for them to tell me the information I already new, I need a new transmission. I got a quote. Then in order to make the decision to sell or fix, I asked them to diagnose the AC which was another $110. They told me more bad news and returned the car with zero refrigerant and said it all leaked out. I had filled it up myself a month ago and AC was still partially working when I had them diagnose. Upon picking up the car, the AC valve caps were missing so I had to go back to get them next day. I ended up putting in my own refrigerant and moved on.
Mike & Jeneen T. from Superior Auto Repair responded on 09/20/2017

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you with your vehicle needs. In order for us to properly diagnose a condition and provide an accurate estimate of repairs it is our shop policy for us to scan for all stored and history codes even if customer has already done so. It can be a slippery slope when a vehicle comes in pre-diagnosed.  We have encountered on numerous occasions, where there was more to the reason for the engine code that required further digging.  A vehicle owner may not agreed with our precautions, but especially when dealing with vehicles having 193,000 + miles, anything is possible.  In regards to the AC, we did perform a A/C test which included bringing the refrigerant level to the manufacturer specs along with injecting oil and leaking tracing dye.  We immediately detected a severe leak at the systems evaporator core, which could take days or hours before all refrigerant leaks out.  We will admit we left the AC valve caps off in error.  (We are human!)  But refrigerant does not leak out because the valve caps are missing, the dye trial clearly shows the culprit.  There are times that we have to be the bearer of news that a vehicle owner really does not want to get. All charges were explained prior to diagnosis/work being performed. This situation appears to be one of those times.

Robert W.
05/06/2017
AC Blower
I took my car in because the AC blower was non-operational. They charged me $55 labor to tell me that it was not blowing. They also did numerous other inspections that I did not request and then tried to "sell" me on a bunch of repairs totaling over $1,300. All I wanted was my AC blower fixed for which they charged me $72 labor. As far as I am concerned, I was over charged $55 on labor. The personnel were very friendly and courteous but I did not want or appreciate the additional "sales pitch" especially if that is what cost me the additional $55.

KC
Kayla C.
05/05/2017
A scam!!
They told my husband my van needed $2,400 in repairs and that it was so costly because they had to remove the engine to do it. They also said I needed to replace a part that didn't need to be replaced. After getting a second opinion we realized just how much Superior Auto is in it for the money. My van is getting fixed somewhere else for less than half of what they quoted.

Michael G.
Sarasota, FL
Chrysler Sebring
10/02/2016
Not a good assessment of used vehicle for possible purchase.
I brought the car in for assessment for purchase as a used automobile. I was advised no problems were found other than that rear rotors and brake pads would be needed in the not too distant future. Today when we drove the car, the front end end was rattling and the brakes area making agrinding noise . I expected a reliable recommendation on whether this car was suitable to purchase and now I not sure that the assessment I was given was accurate.
I also felt the price quoted for replacement of rear rotors and pads was too high.

NK
Natalie K.
09/20/2016
Nothing
I did not have a great experience. After having my tahoe in the shop for the second time within a few weeks I asked for an estimate to fix the door lock from jamming. Upon pick-up of my vehicle I was charged for the estimate without being forwarned of these charges. I paid the fees and left. When I went to go open that same door they were giving me an estimate on, it did not open at all and no longer opens from either side. You actually charget me for breaking my vehicle. I was so happy that I had found a decent mechanic to go to and was looking forward to you working on my daughter's vehicle. I would never recommend you or bring my vehicle back.

Cliff B.
Buick LaCrosse
09/18/2020
Efficient service and taking the time to fully explain the service to be done and why
One of the major reasons I choose Superior is trust. I have had both of my cars serviced there and every work done is fully explained. One cannot ask for more than that. Especially these days
Mike & Jeneen T. from Superior Auto Repair responded on 09/18/2020

Best compliment any business can receive from is a customer is that we are trusted! Providing knowledge of services and vehicle needs are of utmost importance for customer peace of mind, shop credability and to earn your repeat business. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your vehicle care team and we look forward to assisting you for your next service interval.

KO
Kori O.
Hyundai Kona
09/17/2020
Always great service
I've been going to them for years. I stopped about 9 months ago and now I am going back to them. Great service.. But I do miss Don. He was always GREAT to me. But this time I dealt with Lori and I like her as well..
Mike & Jeneen T. from Superior Auto Repair responded on 09/17/2020

Pleased to have you return to Superior for your vehicle service. We miss Don as well but glad that you liked your interaction with Lori.  Thank you for giving us another shot at earning your business.  We look forward to seeing you for your next service interval.