4.6

Overall Rating 1.25/5rating 1.25rating 1.25rating 1.25rating 1.25

Jeremy F.
10/27/2019
Pretty bummed but appreciative at the same time.
I’m a bit bummed. Team1 replaced my transmission in January, 2019. At the time I was told that a rebuilt transmission was being installed. It went bad last week so I took the car in. Come to find out, it was a used transmission that they installed with no warranty or guarantee.

Fortunately the owner made good on it, as the paperwork says there’s a 1-year/12K warranty on work. That said, when the owner called me about the issue with the used transmission, he asked me if I’d help pay toward the cost of the replacement (using another used transmission) to the tune of $500.

I don’t understand the whole thing. If I’m being told I’m getting a rebuild, why did I get a used transmission? And then, once the used one went bad, why is it even a consideration that I contribute to a problem I didn’t create?

I am grateful, sure, but this whole experience stung quite a bit, and now I have a used transmission with 167K miles on it in my car. I have no idea how long it will last, and there is no warranty or guarantee past December, 2019. I only hope it lasts.

PS - all my other reviews for this company were glowing, but I can’t do better with this one. Sorry.
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 10/30/2019

Mr. Freeland, I appologize you thought you received a rebuilt transmission that was a previous manager and I cannot attest as to what he told you, but by looking at the receipt you presented to me for the warranty it was an Used AutoMatic Transmission. Used Parts typically have a 30 day parts warranty only unless the failure would be because a faulty installation or we purchase an additional warranty from the salvage yard in this case that was not done.. Even then the salvage yard would handle the warranty as we dont gaurantee a used part. With that said, I understood what was communicated to you and I stood behind it. It's an uncomfortable situation that I took full responsibility for, at my own expense because a salvage yard's used transmission failed after 11 months... I know you have received excellent service in the past and I will continue to provide going forward as well.. I hope the Van is running GREAT, The guys said that the new transmission shifted great and drove nicely. Please reach out to me at jason@t1ag.com if there is anything else I can do...

Md R.
09/04/2019
Oil change and inspection for Toyota
Informed them to do oil change and if it possible to pass the inspection them do that otherwise don’t do that. Gary told don’t play with us. I told him, during the oil change you can recommend to fix and let me know if it will inspection fail or pass. Again don’t do if any chance to fail.
Jason W. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 09/09/2019

I am very sorry you feel this way, I am Jason (The Owner) and I spoke with you personally at the front counter and explained that Pennsylvania Inspection Laws require us to Inspect as Presented, in which case the vehicle must either be inspected & Stickered or Failed but we cannot legally complete an inspection without documenting our results, as well as an inspection takes additional time to complete as well.. Although our typical Courtesy Inspection with an oil change is thourough we do not do all the required inspection measurements. Hope this explanation helps you understand.. Have a Great Day

Scott M.
07/13/2019
Padding the bill
They quoted one price, but the actual final price was over $100 more than expected to be.

GR
Gregory R.
11/03/2018
Great work and wil save you money
Ken has always been able to keep my car on the road at a great price, well qualified mechanics. Pep Boys was not able to diagnose or repair my daughters Volvo, had to take it to a dealer, but later found Ken could have repaired it for less, he has been maintaining my daughters 2000 Volvo and our Lexus's since.

11/03/2018
get it in writing then get a second opinion
I feel the fool for trusting team one, their word is easily broken, they only want your money.
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 11/06/2018

Good Afternoon Greg I am Deeply sorry About Your Experience At My Location As You Know I Have Always been Completly Honest With You Please Call Me Or Just Stop By And See Me

Sincerly,

PB
Pathikkumar B.
Toyota Yaris
05/20/2018
Not good
This time service was not proper, technician broke wheel cover, but not even informed to me, i found it in inside in trunk today.

Evem I asked for break light bulb change, they did not even che k at all.

I will meet them soon.

WH
William H.
New Cumberland, PA
Mercedes-Benz C-Class
12/22/2017 Category: Service
William said this was the worst experience he has ever had. The staff had his vehicle for a month and they did not call him at all. He had to call them. After the repairs he had to take his vehicle back to the business 3 or 4 times because the check engine light was still on. Ken was a nice guy but he will never go back to this business for service. He was very disappointed with the service he received at this business.

KW
Kenneth W.
New Kingstown, PA
10/30/2017
Not happy
I had my wife bring the truck in for inspection and was told that a rear shock was leaking and failed inspection. Was also told that the front shocks passed but would not last long. I replaced all 4 shocks and found the rear shocks to be fine. No leakage, and worked fine. I will not be back to your facility, and will tell others of my experience.

Sherry W.
Toyota MR2 Spyder
10/24/2017
wait time and lack of customer service
I was in two weeks ago to have an oil change completed. I had a 4:00pm appointment. I had to wait 1 hour 15 minutes to have my car ready to go. I was told that I needed an air filter. They did not tell me that it needed to be ordered causing me to wait longer. If I would have known I had to wait longer, I would have said no to the air filter. I proceeded to schedule an inspection for another vehicle. To avoid me having to wait again, I was told to drop off the car the day prior to get a loaner. When I went in to get the loaner, Ken greeted me and tried to make up for the wait on the oil change by giving me a future oil change for free. I thought this was good customer service in trying to keep me as a customer. I was also appreciative that a loaner car was given until I got into it and it smelled. The next day at 12:30pm, I spoke to Ken. He told me that I needed 3 new tires on my vehicle. It was decided to change all four and keep the good one as a spare if needed. I went to the garage at 5pm to find out that my car hadn't been fitted for tires. I asked Ken how long it would take and he replied 30 minutes. I ended up waiting there for an hour and 45 minutes. I was absolutely outraged after having wait the week prior for an oil change. Ken tried to explain that the tire people were out of stock and had to go to Lancaster to get the tires. That is fine and dandy, but a phone call should have been made to me stating that this occurred and a phone call would be made to me when the car was ready. Extremely poor customer service after trying to rectify a previous error. When I got the itemized bill, it was incorrect and charges were on there that weren't discussed over the phone. They had to refund me money. At this point, I was ready to leap over the counter to deal with the office manager. When I went out to my car, the tire that was to be used as a spare was no where in site. I had to go back in and demand the tire. That was my only night free and I ended up spending it in the garage. Also, an elderly gentleman came in to the garage to drop off his car and asked where to park. The office manager told him to park on the hill when there was a spot out front, which I said that there was one. He said a truck was blocking the space. I told him to move it. His response, "I guess I could do that." He should have been more accommodating to the gentleman. The next day I am driving into work and a light on my dashboard came on. I called the dealership to ask what the light meant. They informed me that it means my tire pressure isn't correct. After I was in there for nearly two hours, I had to reschedule and go back in the next day to have that corrected. This was a very upsetting experience.

10/24/2017
Went for an oil change that took over 1 1/2 hours. Not happy at all!!!!!! Should have been notified if running late.
In regards to recommending to a friend, I don't know. This is the 2nd time out of the past three times there that I have had to wait. Again, my time is valuable like yours. You wouldn't want to go to a restaurant and have to wait an hour and 15 minutes to get your dinner.
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 10/25/2017

Good Morning Sherry I am terribley Sorry that you had an Unpleasent Experience At My Location We Take Pride and Making sure That Our Customers Our Happy I assure you this will not happen again I will Be Mailing you Out a Coupon For Your Next Oil Change On Me (Full Synthetic) Please Except This as My way Of Saying I am Deeply Sorry

WH
William H.
08/10/2017
Disappointing Service
Came in for oil change and tire rotation. Never did the tire rotation. Called to arrange pick up. Was told the was they were "just finishing up". Vehicle wasn't ready for another hour, made me late for an important meeting w/ the Pentagon.
Team One A. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 08/10/2017

Mr Huber,
I have already reprimanded the Tech For this I deeply Appolgize for this and I am Mailing you a coucher for your next Oil Change Service on Me.

Any Questions Please Feel Free To Contact Me

IA
Isaac A.
Ford C-Max
04/04/2017 Category: Service
Isaac said his registration was not updated with his insurance so this business was calling him to gather that information. Once, they got a hold of him, they provided him with an email address so he could send the information over. They never contacted him back so he thought everything was fine. He found out they never received his email because there was a problem with their server. He said he thought his vehicle would be ready for pick up when he got there. They never performed the services because they were waiting until he got there, so they could gather his information. They told him they never received his email so he had to wait an additional 20 minutes for them to complete the service. He also mentioned they should have called him to let him know they had never received his email. He could have faxed it over so his vehicle could have been ready.

Myron H.
Chrysler 300
02/04/2017 Category: Service
Myron said his vehicle failed their inspection. He took his vehicle to a few other places and they said his vehicle should not have failed.

VY
Venkateswara Y.
01/22/2017
Engine oil change
Not good,they are not closed engine oil lid under hood,oil spilled completely.they are not filled other liquids.

GB
Gregory B.
10/23/2016
Stay Away
I took my vehicle here a few days ago for an car inspection on Carlisle Pike, upon receiving my car back after the inspection, I noticed items missing from my vehicle, that I know was in there. After I asked the manager if the mechanics took something from my car, he told me to call back in 20 minutes, then will I called back he just said nobody saw anything, not that they didn't take anything but nobody saw anything. If you take your vehicle to this place, make sure you don't take any valuables in your car.

BC
Betsey C.
09/22/2016
Mechanicsburg Team One Auto. At your own risk
Last week my father and I brought our vehicles in to the Mechanicsburg shop for inspections. I have been bringing my car in for oil changes and inspections for about two years and had been please with Tim and the service so much that I had brought my husbands truck and now my father's as well.
I was disappointed not to find Tim at the front desk but did not feel we would be treated differently by Ken.

However, Ken called my father and said he needed some minor repairs, totally over $800. When my father hesitated at the price, Ken said he would take $200 off. He never did. Many of the repairs were not needed to pass inspection and the price they charged him was ridiculous for the work done.

The next day I took my car in for inspections. Ken called and informed me that my car needed $1150 of work to pass inspection. When I said I would not be paying that, the price dropped $200. I said I would still not pay that and disputed the fact that the work even need done for the car to pass inspection. I told him I would not have Team One do any work and I would take it elsewhere. Then the price suddenly dropped to $500!!!!!

I took my car to the Toyota dealership and the car needed $3 in repairs to pass inspection. A lug nut was missing.
Ken had stated that my rear sway bar bushing needed replaced to pass inspection (orginially $1150) . I asked Toyota what their price would be for parts and labor, $90!!!!!
Ken was making up prices to see how much he could squeeze us for and fabricating work that needed done.

Whether this is their new business practice to rip off women and the elderly, or just Ken, it is deplorable, unethical and unlawful. Not only have they lost my business, my husband's, and my father's but I am filing a complaint with the BBB and the office of aging.

Jack R.
Middletown, PA
Chevrolet Uplander
09/03/2016
The service was very slow. It took 7 and 1/2 hours to get and inspection oil change and transmission flush. Unexceptable.
I was the first car in today. Requested the car be finished by no later than 3. An inspection, oil change and flush transmission. It rook 7 1/2 hours. Very unhappy and very disappointed. Never again.

JJ
Jannelle J.
08/07/2016 Category: Service
Jannelle said she took her vehicle to this business because her vehicle felt like it was stalling or going to stall out. When she picked it up, it had the same problem. She barely got down the road and took the vehicle back. She has not heard from this business after taking her vehicle back and they still have it.

HJ
Himanshu J.
Enola, PA
Honda Accord
08/05/2016
Expensive
I have done my break pad /rotor and hand break wire repair there and paid 440 dollars..later I inquired couple places and found that I would have done cheaper by 140 dollars

Lakshmi Vijaya B.
Kia Sorento
07/22/2016
Brakes Replaced saying the inspection won't pass for a 40K miles car
I have been told that Brake pads needs to be replaced otherwise the inspection won't be passed, the car has just 40,000 miles. They came down on the price 3 times since I didn't show the interest and asking questions how can the pads are torn in just 40K miles. Since I like the service before, I revisited but I am not going to visit again. Since my inspection has been expired I am forced to agree his claim and get the service done, otherwise I would have gone to the dealer.

RN
Ramesh N.
Acura TSX
06/11/2016
Problems next day after service.
Next day after the service I could hear a noise coming when I'm driving the car.

James S.
Harrisburg, PA
Mazda 6
05/21/2016
Reliable Service
I have been taking my car to Team One for years. They always do detailed quality work and beat the competition in price as well. I had my first issues at the Mechanicsburg location about a month ago. The issue was more customer service in nature. The owner of the company contacted me and went over and beyond to resolve the issue. Everyone makes mistakes and I appreciate how it was handled. I still plan to be a loyal customer of Team One.

05/21/2016
Customer Service needs some training
I have been going to Team 1 for years at Harrisburg location and have been very happy with the services. I moved to Mechanicsburg and have not been happy my last few times I came in. I came in yesterday for a basic inspection and oil change. I came to pick up my car and I noticed my form didn't have an oil changed as requested on my drop off form. So I asked the gentleman working the register and he said yes we did chnage the oil. I go out to my car and see the oil change sticker was never changed. I go back in and said something. I went in circles with them trying to figure this out for 35 mins. It is not that hard to figure out. Then they offered me to come in Monday to change my oil. I have a job and already spent the day making ride arrangements for this day and I don't have time to do it again over your shops mess up. Then the manager came out and started telling me all kinds of nonsense that I knew better on. He kept recommending services I just had 2 months ago, like a break fluid flushs and some belt. Then I noticed they never fixed my burnt out headlight. How does a car pass inspection with a burned out headlight??!! Then once I finally leave and get back to work I noticed they charged me incorrectly for my inspection and emmisions and had to drive back to get a partial refund. I will never be coming back again. It was a comeplete mess and a waste of my time!
Jason W. from Team One Auto Group - Mechanicsburg responded on 06/01/2016

Hello James, I agree you didnt have a very good visit your full refund plus additional we spoke about are on the way, Please Update your reveiw and I look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit