The Brake Shop & Auto Repair

Overall Rating 2.3333333/5Overall Rating 2.3333333/5rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333
Jeremy and Karen L. on 12/01/2016
"EXTREMELY LONG WAIT, 8 hours for a simple inspection"
I needed a state and emission inspection done and an appointment was schedule a week and a half in advance. We dropped the car off at 8:15am. We checked back around 3pm and they haven't even started the process yet! It was finally done around 4pm. A simple inspection like this should never take almost 8 hours! I have had this done at other places in around 30 minutes before so this is totally unacceptable. To treat us like our time is worthless, I don't think I will go back to this place again.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 11/30/2016
Review Created: 12/01/2016 06:11 AM
Mike S., General Manager at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 12/08/2016

I spoke with Mr. Low in regards to his latest visit to The Brake Shop & Auto Repair. He explained to me that he was unhappy with the amount of time it took to perform the State Inspection and Emissions test and the lack of communication from my staff.  I explained to Mr. Low that when vehicles are dropped off with no specific pickup time we assume that the vehicle is to be ready by 5:00 pm.  Mr. Low explained to me that he was never told that when he dropped the vehicle off.  I assured Mr. Low that this will never happen again and that his vehicles will be handled in a timely manner and returned to him by his requested time.  Mr. Low was appreciative that I reached out to him, but that does not change how he felt about his visit.  I explained to him that I completely understand where he was coming from.  I explained to him that we have over 900 positive SureCritic reviews and that customer satisfaction is our main priority.   I also made him aware that I would be responding to his post as per our conversation and he was ok with that.  Myself and the staff at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair look forward to helping the Low Family with all their vehicle repair needs for many years to come.

Sincerely,
Mike Stefano
General Manager
(610) 253-2566

Michael S. on 03/09/2016
Michael said he was not satisfied with his overall experience because they tried to put in a new blower fan, and they burned it out. He paid a lot of money and now he was left with nothing. He is driving around with no fan. As a result of this experience, he will not recommend this business for service and will tell others not to go there.
Vehicle: Buick LeSabre
Category: Service
Service Date: 03/07/2016
Review Created: 03/09/2016
Mike S., General Manager at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 03/11/2016

I spoke with Michael this morning in regards to his submitted Sure-Critic Review. When Michael contacted me in regards to his blower motor not working, he made me aware that he diagnosed the motor be faulty and would be providing the part himself for us to install and it was not necessary for us to do our diagnostic. I explained to him that we would install the blower motor as per his request, but if it did not work we could not accept responsibility being that we did not diagnose the original concern. We installed his provided blower motor and the problem still existed. We made Michael aware of this and offered to him for us to further diagnose the issue. Michael declined our diagnostic and mentioned that he was going to get rid of the vehicle.
After speaking with Michael this morning and discussing the previous conversations we had during his visit, Michael decided he would like to bring the vehicle in for us to perform a diagnostic test and advise him of what we found. Michael said he was very appreciative of me reaching out to him and will be in soon to have us look deeper into the problem.

Mike Stefano
General Manager
(610) 253-2566
Zakkiyah S. on 07/08/2014
"quality of service"
Good
Vehicle: Nissan Versa
Service Date: 07/03/2014
Review Created: 07/08/2014 08:18 AM
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 07/15/2014
We have trired to contact Zakkiyah to discuss the 1 of 5 Star Rating.  Zakkiyah states that she would recommend us and the quality of service was "good".  We are thinking and hoping that it was a misunderstanding in the star rating with 5 being the highest rating not the lowest. We will continue to try and make contact with her or hopefully she will respond to our response.
Brad Fleming
Owner
Robert & Karen P. on 08/26/2012
"VERY UNSATISFIED"
LEFT MY VEHICLE AT THIS FACILITY FOR ANNUAL INSPECTION. MY WIFE WENT TO THE STORE AND NOTICED MY VEHICLE IN THE PARKING LOT WITH THE WINDOW OPEN AND THE VEHICLE RUNNING. EMPLOYEE WAS INSIDE THE BUILDING SHOPPING AND LEFT VEHICLE UNATTENDED. SHE WAS JUST READY TO PULL THE VEHICLE AWAY WHEN THE EMPLOYEE EXITED THE STORE. THE EMPLOYEES RESPONSE TO THIS SITUATION WAS " ALL STATE INSPECTIONS REQUIRE A ROAD TEST". I ASKED HIM IF THE STATE ALSO REQUIRED HIM TO GO SHOPPING ON MY GAS AND TO LEAVE MY VEHICLE RUNNING WITH THE WINDOW OPEN UNATTENDED? BRAD HE OWNER STATES HE CAN NOT FIRE HIM FOR THIS BECAUSE HE NEVER TOLD HIM IN WRITING THAT HE COULN'T SHOP ON A TEST RUN AND HE COULD GET IN TROUBLE WITH THE LABOR BOARD IF HE FIRED HIM!!! I THOUGHT IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO LEAVE A VEHICLE RUNNING AND UNATTENDED. THEY DID NOT OFFER ME ANY FREE SERVICE FOR THIS HORRIBLE STRESSFUL SITUATION AND WILL NEVER TRUST THEM AGAIN.
Vehicle: Chevrolet S10 Pickup
Service Date: 08/24/2012
Review Created: 08/26/2012 02:58 PM
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 08/30/2012
I personally spoke with Karen & Bob Parella Wednesday, 8/29/12 in regards to the situation that took place during their visit to The Brake Shop & Auto Repair. I explained to them that I had taken full responsibility for my technician stopping at the store with their vehicle during the test drive. In my 22 years of business my policy has always been that customers vehicles are to be test driven only with no stops along the way. Although I feel it is common sense on his part, he stated to me that he was never advised of the policy in which he is correct, I just took it for granted that he knew. I deeply aplogized to both of them for this situation and asked them to please judge the shop on their past positive experiences they have had with us and that we would love to keep them as customers. I believe that Karen was satisfied with our conversation and I did advise her that I was going to respond to her review. Karen stated that is was ok with her to write that we spoke. Again, I express my apologies to Karen & Bob. Brad Fleming, Owner