Overall Rating 2.3333333/5Overall Rating 2.3333333/5rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333

Thomas M.
Easton, PA
04/04/2017 Category: Service
Thomas said the business provides good service at a fair price but he does not like their dishonesty. He was told he needed new brake drums because they were not the correct size. He opted to purchase his own brake drums and install them himself. He then realized there was nothing wrong with the drums in the first place.
Mike S., General Manager from The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 04/12/2017

I spoke with Mr. Marsters this morning and explained to him that when his vehicle was test driven there was a brake vibration coming from the rear brakes. Upon further inspection it was determined that the rear brake drums were warped. There was a breakdown in communication during the explanation of the concern.  Mr. Marsters was told his drums were too big. What was meant by this was that we could not resurface his brake drums to remove the pulsation because they would have exceeded the maximum allowable limit by the manufacturer.  After explaining this to Mr. Marsters he understood what I meant. I apologized and reassured him that we take our reviews very seriously and that we take great pride in being very honest about what is needed and not needed on the vehicles we repair.

Mike Stefano
General Manager

Joseph F.
Pennsylvania
01/10/2017 Category: Service
Joseph said everything was done to his satisfaction. He is completely satisfied with the work done at this business. They did the repairs and reimbursed him for the damages he did when backing into the pole. Everything has been resolved.

01/10/2017 Category: Service
Joseph said he had to take his vehicle back to this business because they missed a tire pressure issue. When he left he backed into a post in their parking lot.
Brad F., Owner from The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 01/22/2017

I spoke with Joseph in regards to his concerns with his recent visit to The Brake Shop & Auto Repair. He explained how he was very satisfied with the level of service he initially received. However, a few days later his low tire indicator came on.  When he stopped by to have it checked, he backed into a guard pole surrounding our air conditioning unit when I asked him to pull his vehicle to the front of our bay doors. I expressed my concern as it was unfortunate that he had to stop back and secondly, I should have pulled the car around for Joseph.  I asked him to come by and allow myself to review his invoice for the body work needed for the incident.  Joseph stopped by the shop and we offered to pay for some of the body shop invoice and give him a credit for future services.  Joseph was pleased and accepted the offer.  Joseph also stated that he would re-rate his service on the Sure-Critic website.  We look forward to servicing Joseph's vehicle and greatly appreciate his understanding of the situation.

Jason Stem

Helen M.
Easton, PA
Dodge Durango
10/10/2014 Category: Service
Helen said the business broke something on the headlight assembly and she has to return to have it repaired.
Brad F., Owner from The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 10/15/2014

We ordered in a new headlight assembly for Helen & Steve and installed it on Tuesday (10/14) for Steve at no charge.  Steve was pleased and very happy that it was done at no charge.  We apologize for any inconvenience and we are grateful that they still would recommend us.

Brad Fleming
Owner

Dennis S.
07/02/2013
2001 dodge caravan
Had a "leak" from my Air Conditioner ( and other repairs were made/inspection at this time ) Told them 1st time in..They could not locate it, filled it with FREON and put a "die" into it..so if it leaked..we would find it. Approximately 2 weeks later..only hot air..Took it back..found the leak, replaced the needed part(s). Was charged (again) for LABOR. I understand the first charge for LABOR ( again, I did state I had a "leak" at that time ), Sorry, this was extremely expensive, and I will not be back here again.
Brad F., Owner from The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 07/11/2013
Two attempts were made to contact Dennis to discuss his concern with no return response. During the vehicles first visit, no obvious leaks could be determined; our procedure is to fill the system with nitrogen and monitor for a leak, no leaks were found. Next we pull a vacuum on the system and monitor to see if the vacuum is maintained. We then fill the system with the proper amount of freon and add a dye to the system so if there is a future leak, it can be detected easily. The vehicle returned 26 days later blowing warm air, which indicates a small leak due to the time it took to blow warm. At this time we were able to determine that the AC Condenser was leaking freon. This was reviewed and approved by Dennis for repair. Dennis was only charged for 1/2 hour of labor to refill the system with freon not the 1 1/2 hour initial charge. All of the charges were discussed at the counter with Dennis during pick up along with letting him know that he was not charged the full 1 1/2 hours of labor to refill the system. Dennis did not indicate he had any issues with the service or price.

Dominick B.
PA
Mazda 6
11/21/2012 Category: Service
Dominick said someone from the business went through and explained and showed him the deductions on his bill, he was satisfied.

11/21/2012 Category: Service
Spoke with Dominick. He stated he was looking over the bill and didn't see any deductions from the AAA card and the coupons he gave. That is why he will not recommend the business to others.
Brad F., Owner from The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 11/28/2012
I contacted Dominick Basile in regards to his concerns. Dominick has asked someone to call him back from Surecritic so he can retract the negative review. He did not realize that he did receive the discounts for the coupons he brought in. The confusion was that he was under the impression that he was entitled to an additional AAA discount; our policy is that you cannot combine other offers, which is stated on all coupons. We make it a practice to make sure the customer gets credit for the offer that will save them the most money towards their invoice.