The Brake Shop & Auto Repair

Overall Rating 2.3333333/5Overall Rating 2.3333333/5rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333
Joseph F. ReScore Review on 01/24/2017
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Joseph said everything was done to his satisfaction. He is completely satisfied with the work done at this business. They did the repairs and reimbursed him for the damages he did when backing into the pole. Everything has been resolved.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 12/16/2016
Review Created: 01/10/2017

Joseph said he had to take his vehicle back to this business because they missed a tire pressure issue. When he left he backed into a post in their parking lot.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 12/16/2016
Review Created: 01/10/2017
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 01/22/2017

I spoke with Joseph in regards to his concerns with his recent visit to The Brake Shop & Auto Repair. He explained how he was very satisfied with the level of service he initially received. However, a few days later his low tire indicator came on.  When he stopped by to have it checked, he backed into a guard pole surrounding our air conditioning unit when I asked him to pull his vehicle to the front of our bay doors. I expressed my concern as it was unfortunate that he had to stop back and secondly, I should have pulled the car around for Joseph.  I asked him to come by and allow myself to review his invoice for the body work needed for the incident.  Joseph stopped by the shop and we offered to pay for some of the body shop invoice and give him a credit for future services.  Joseph was pleased and accepted the offer.  Joseph also stated that he would re-rate his service on the Sure-Critic website.  We look forward to servicing Joseph's vehicle and greatly appreciate his understanding of the situation.

Jason Stem
Manager

Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 01/22/2017

Brad Fleming
Owner
(610) 253-2566
Linda B. ReScore Review on 10/25/2014
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"As I indicated before, it is a pleasant, well managed shop for a lady to take her car. "
Brad called me and was a very caring, concerned owner. He now knows that I realize mistakes/wrong decisions are made at times, and it didn't mean that I wouldn't come back. He generously offered me a L & O at no cost.
Vehicle: Saturn Vue
Service Date: 08/20/2014
Review Created: 10/04/2014 12:22 PM

"It's a clean, well managed shop with courteous employees."
This year I'm sorry to say was disappointed. I came in for inspection and a L & O. I don't think fast and Chip made me think the brake fluid and filter were connected to passing inspection. I didn't hear him say that much over $100, plus he should have given me the option of coming back another day. Almost $200 and sitting there for 3 hrs. both were a hardship for me. And I'll still have to get the L & O before winter.
Vehicle: Saturn Vue
Service Date: 08/20/2014
Review Created: 10/04/2014 12:22 PM
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 10/07/2014

I have left a message for Linda to call me back so we could discuss her concern and where the miscommunication may have taken place.  I appreciate the positive comment and recommendation, but it is very important to me that we are both on the same communication line and that Linda is satisfied.

Brad Fleming
Owner
(610) 253-2566
Dominick B. ReScore Review on 11/30/2012
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
Dominick said someone from the business went through and explained and showed him the deductions on his bill, he was satisfied.
Vehicle: Mazda 6
Service Date: 11/19/2012
Review Created: 11/21/2012

Spoke with Dominick. He stated he was looking over the bill and didn't see any deductions from the AAA card and the coupons he gave. That is why he will not recommend the business to others.
Vehicle: Mazda 6
Service Date: 11/19/2012
Review Created: 11/21/2012
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 11/28/2012
I contacted Dominick Basile in regards to his concerns. Dominick has asked someone to call him back from Surecritic so he can retract the negative review. He did not realize that he did receive the discounts for the coupons he brought in. The confusion was that he was under the impression that he was entitled to an additional AAA discount; our policy is that you cannot combine other offers, which is stated on all coupons. We make it a practice to make sure the customer gets credit for the offer that will save them the most money towards their invoice.
Robert and Wanda H. on 01/13/2018
"Everything is always great"
Thw workers are great
Vehicle: Ford Edge
Service Date: 01/11/2018
Review Created: 01/13/2018 10:58 AM
James and Gemella M. on 01/13/2018
"Motor Head/valve work & replacement door"
one day turnaround for a replacement door assembly on my Chevy Express got me back to work ASAP. Also, did valve/head gasket and valve replacement on my jeep liberty with a one day turnaround. This place has the brains, ability, and specialized tools to get it done fast.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Chevy Express
Service Date: 01/12/2018
Review Created: 01/13/2018 07:47 AM
Howard M. on 01/10/2018
"Quick, Efficient, Convenient"
Brake shop was able to get me in quickly for an inspection after I was ticketed for missing my inspection when due. They were fast, efficient, and convenient.
Vehicle: Honda Civic Coupe
Service Date: 01/09/2018
Review Created: 01/10/2018 07:32 AM
Robert and Wanda H. on 01/06/2018
"The workers are great"
Everyone in the brake shop is working for you and make sure that everything is good.
Vehicle: Cadillac CTS
Service Date: 01/05/2018
Review Created: 01/06/2018 09:26 AM
Joseph B. on 01/04/2018
"Thank you taking me on short notice "
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Service Date: 01/03/2018
Review Created: 01/04/2018 08:15 AM
Linda and Ed F. on 01/04/2018
"inspection/brakes"
As usual service was great with no surprises. Everything was done in a timely manner and held to the estimate that was given to me 2 months ago.
Vehicle: Hyundai Veracruz
Service Date: 01/03/2018
Review Created: 01/04/2018 06:41 AM
Rich E. on 01/03/2018
"Took my car at 5:00 PM and fixed a bad tire!!!"
Love these guys....they take care of my three cars and are complete professionals. I initially tried another auto repair shop when I moved into Forks Township/Easton two years ago and they dropped the ball!
Vehicle: BMW Z4
Service Date: 01/02/2018
Review Created: 01/03/2018 05:50 AM
Phyllis M. on 12/30/2017
"Always good service"
I've been going here for about 10 yrs now. They always are pleasant and help me and always fix my car (which is an old one) . They are all nice guys, have even helped me with minute things (with no charge) and they also back up their work and sale of parts(I.e. a car battery).
Thanks guys...appreciate your service and 'niceness'.
Vehicle: Toyota Corolla
Service Date: 12/29/2017
Review Created: 12/30/2017 10:49 AM
Stephanie B. on 12/30/2017
Stephanie said the employees were great, accommodating, professional and trustworthy. Their prices were fair.
Vehicle: Audi A4
Service Date: 12/29/2017
Review Created: 12/30/2017
John M. on 12/29/2017
John said the gentleman in the front was very personable and they were really nice.
Vehicle: Subaru Impreza Coupe
Service Date: 12/08/2017
Review Created: 12/29/2017
John J. on 12/26/2017
"Staff is very helpful."
I took my car in for a state inspection and emissions. It didn't take long and I was on my way. Very satisfied.
Vehicle: Cadillac CT6 Sedan
Service Date: 12/12/2017
Review Created: 12/26/2017 02:51 PM
James V. on 12/22/2017
James said the staff provided excellent service. They were attentive and responsible.
Vehicle: Honda Accord Cpe
Service Date: 11/27/2017
Review Created: 12/22/2017
Colleen K. on 12/20/2017
Colleen said she was happy with the service.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 12/15/2017
Review Created: 12/20/2017
Patricia R. on 12/16/2017
Patricia said the business provided good service and she had no issues.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 12/12/2017
Review Created: 12/16/2017
Melissa V. on 12/12/2017
"Service above & beyond"
I brought the car in for an inspection and oil change. They told me my car had passed the inspection, but they noticed some issues with my fuel line. I approved the replacement, which saved me from a breakdown and fuel spill that would have happened when I hit the very next pothole. Great job looking out for future problems!
Vehicle: Saturn Ion
Service Date: 12/06/2017
Review Created: 12/12/2017 11:58 AM
Cindy B. on 12/06/2017
Cindy said the business is awesome.
Vehicle: Ford Fusion
Service Date: 12/05/2017
Review Created: 12/06/2017
Carl S. on 12/05/2017
Carl said the staff were professional and helpful.
Vehicle: Toyota Tundra