The Brake Shop & Auto Repair

Overall Rating 2.3333333/5Overall Rating 2.3333333/5rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333rating 2.3333333
Shirley S. on 03/04/2017
Shirley said the service was a little expensive.
Vehicle: Hyundai Elantra
Category: Service
Service Date: 02/28/2017
Review Created: 03/04/2017
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 03/07/2017

I spoke with Shirley in regards to her review.  We are a little confused on why she gave the review that she did.  I explained to her that she recieved the coupon pricing on both her PA State Inspection and her Vehicle Maintenance Special which included an oil/filter change, topping off of her fluids and a complete maintenace inspection of her vehicle.  She understood that she paid exactly what the coupon pricing was that she brought in.  Her invoice totaled $90.68 including taxes for all the services she asked for and understood the invoice.  When I spoke with her, she said that she felt that it was a little expensive.  We are sorry she feels this way and I wish she would have mentioned that when she was in for the service.  We appreciate Shirley's business and welcome her back at any time for us to service her vehicle.

Jason Stem
Manager

Alex and Phyllis N. on 12/22/2015
"JEEP INSPECTION"
HAD TO WAIT TOO LONG. $50 FOR TWO BULB REPLACEMENTS IS A LITTLE MUCH...I KNOW THAT THEY ARE HARD TO REACH BUT THAT JUST SEEMS TOO MUCH FOR EXPERIENCED GUYS.
Vehicle: Jeep Liberty
Service Date: 12/10/2015
Review Created: 12/22/2015 06:39 AM
Mike S., General Manager at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 12/22/2015

I have just spoke with Mr. Nagurney and explained everything to him and he understands the charges. We have been doing business together for many years and I look forward to helping Mr. Nagurney any way I can in the future.

Mike Stefano
General Manager
Linda B. ReScore Review on 10/25/2014
Recommended? Yes
Surecritic checkman logo Verified
"As I indicated before, it is a pleasant, well managed shop for a lady to take her car. "
Brad called me and was a very caring, concerned owner. He now knows that I realize mistakes/wrong decisions are made at times, and it didn't mean that I wouldn't come back. He generously offered me a L & O at no cost.
Vehicle: Saturn Vue
Service Date: 08/20/2014
Review Created: 10/04/2014 12:22 PM

"It's a clean, well managed shop with courteous employees."
This year I'm sorry to say was disappointed. I came in for inspection and a L & O. I don't think fast and Chip made me think the brake fluid and filter were connected to passing inspection. I didn't hear him say that much over $100, plus he should have given me the option of coming back another day. Almost $200 and sitting there for 3 hrs. both were a hardship for me. And I'll still have to get the L & O before winter.
Vehicle: Saturn Vue
Service Date: 08/20/2014
Review Created: 10/04/2014 12:22 PM
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 10/07/2014

I have left a message for Linda to call me back so we could discuss her concern and where the miscommunication may have taken place.  I appreciate the positive comment and recommendation, but it is very important to me that we are both on the same communication line and that Linda is satisfied.

Brad Fleming
Owner
Mark and Loretta A. on 09/01/2014
"Close to home"
Again they mark on my bill that my tires were rotated but when I got home. Tires weren't rotated I could tell because I have slow leak in back tire. And I have differ trim on back. Still in the same place. I called they told me to bring it back in. I feel it should not have happened in first place
Vehicle: Pontiac G3
Service Date: 08/19/2014
Review Created: 09/01/2014 12:59 PM
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 09/02/2014

The PA State Safety Inspection Coupon that Mark had used automatically adds the rotation to the invoice.  According to our vehicle check out sheet, the front and rear tire treads were all even at 10/32 of an inch and indicated on the sheet by the technician that they were rotated.  We were not advised by Mark of his tire leak or we would have fixed it for him.

If the tires were not rotated as indicated by Mark due to the different trim in the same location, I apologize; we advised him when he called that we would gladly rotate the tires for him.

We can not seem to satisfy Mark; we have 538 positive reviews and Mark has sent two non-satisfying reviews in within the last two months.  We want Mark happy and confident with his service and I think he knows that we will go to great levels to make that happen.

Brad Fleming, Owner

Mark and Lisa A. on 07/08/2014
"Close to home"
Not happy with my problem
Vehicle: GMC Sonoma
Service Date: 05/09/2014
Review Created: 07/08/2014 06:54 AM
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 07/15/2014
I have left a message with Mark to give me a call to discuss the recent review that was submitted.  Mark has been a customer for a long period of time.  We are not quite sure what Mark;s comment of "Not happy with my problem" means or is in reference to.  He has always seemed to be happy with the service and his review states that he would recommend us.  We would hope that Mark contacts us to discuss the review.
Brad Fleming
Owner
Kathy B. on 10/03/2013
"Change brake fluid and serviced brake pads"
My brakes still are not right.
Vehicle: Kia Rio
Service Date: 09/24/2013
Review Created: 10/03/2013 06:07 PM
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 10/10/2013

Mike (Manager) contacted Kathy and had her stop by for us to check out her vehicle in regards to her concern.  She was experiencing a rear brake noise in the mornings when applying her brakes.  When she came in, the noise was not happeneing for her.  We asked her if we could come to her home one morning so we could experience it and bring it back to the shop if adjustments needed to be made.  Kathy has agreed and we are waiting for a time that would be convenient for her.

William P. on 09/21/2013
"Service!"
I had a small problem this time around. My appointment had been mistakingly written down elsewhere and the gentleman at the gate thought I was someone else coming in for an inspection, which I had two weeks prior. We then realized that somehow my insurance card is missing, which had been in the hands of The Brake Shop. Now I need a replacement card.

This is the first time the service had not been exemplary, but we all make mistakes. Usually the service outshines all comers.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 09/19/2013
Review Created: 09/21/2013 07:02 AM
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 09/28/2013

We contacted William to discuss his concerns. We admit that we did make a mistake with the scheduling; we inserted the appointment for Tuesday rather than the requested day of Thursday. The advisor that William was greeted by at the counter is a new advisor and did confuse the service for a state inspection due to our mistake with scheduling.  In regards to the insurance card missing; we discussed it with William and that concern has been solved.
Again we apologize to William; he is a great customer and our main concern is that he is happy.

Lori & Paul P. on 04/10/2013
"Large Expense on a car approaching 100K miles"
Very unsure if this is the shop that I want to be my "go-to" for future repairs for my three cars. Expenditure was very high as a percentage of the NBV of the car. I don't have a strong feeling that this was a good investment. I guess time will tell. I was just hoping that I could find a place where I was sure that I wasn't just being hosed. I think that a lot of car repair/maintenance places don't understand that the customer may not be interested in just chiseling the last nickel out of a business owner---they just want to know that they can leave their car at a place where it will be repaired to a safe condition at a fair cost. I'm not saying that this business hosed me-----It's just that the total cost was very high and I have no confidence that tomorrow I may have to invest a like amount to keep it on the road, but I will them be at a point where it would have been better to just trade it in. A small thing was that I left a coupon for a "free" PA inspection, but the invoice was as difficult to read as a cell phone bill, so I don't really know if I got credit for this dopey little coupon. Bottom line--jury is still out--I just wish it wasn't so expensive for me to test the waters.
Vehicle: Honda Civic
Service Date: 04/02/2013
Review Created: 04/10/2013 05:57 PM
Brad F., Owner at The Brake Shop & Auto Repair responded on 04/16/2013
I contacted Paul to discuss his concerns he had with his last visit. Paul was fine with the work he was just concerned with investing the amount of money into his vehicle with that high of mileage. I insured him that doing that type of service at 1000,000 miles could get him another 100,000 miles of life. I also emailed Paul another version of our invoice which is easier to understand in which we have changed for all customers moving forward; this also shows discounts or coupons in an easier manner. I advised Paul that we were going to reply to his concerns on our SureCritic site and he was okay with it. Mike Stefano, Manager