Overall Rating 3.800002/5Overall Rating 3.800002/5Overall Rating 3.800002/5rating 3.800002rating 3.800002
Overall Rating 2.2/5Overall Rating 2.2/5rating 2.2rating 2.2rating 2.2

MIKE B.
05/20/2019
The sun is hot.
The Cone Ranger rides again.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

As always, it was a pleasure doing business with you! Thank you for your continued years of business!

IH
ILSA H.
05/17/2019
prompt service great customer service
identified and fixed the problem
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

It was wonderful meeting you! Thank you for your review and please remember that we are here for any and all of your automotive needs should any more arise. Welcome to our automotive family!

Jordan B.
Atlanta, GA
05/13/2019 Category: Service
Jordan said the only issue was that the work took half a day longer than predicted, as the part they ordered was damaged, so they had to reorder it.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

Thank you for the five star recommendation! I do apologize that the work was not completed within the scheduled day, but thank you for being understanding when we had to re-order your part and wait a bit longer.

05/07/2019
Theo's Response
Thank you for your response. Your assessment of the OIL leak are totally off base. Your first question should have been to the mechanic as to why did I have to bring my car back 4 separate times? So you are telling me that your mechanic couldn't diagnose why there was this mysterious oil leak. Look ,first the cleaning off and subsequent replacement of the oil filter gasket was not the issue it continued to leak. Also, to believe that the replacement of the transmission cooler lines was due to them leaking is nothing more than a blatant lie. There was absolutely no evidence that those lines were leaking. Because your mechanic told me that. Also it would be transmission fluid leaking which doesn't look like oil. I took your representatives word for it that their diagnosis was correct! Again no evidence that this was the issue and it's still leaking oil. That's number two in my mind lies about the oil leak.

Now as far as Mercedes Benz is concerned, once again I was the one who made the comment to your mechanic that at one time MB service manager had said that this was an issue with this model. The MB service manager knew my vehicle was not leaking oil and in fact just told me to keep an eye on it which I did whenever I took the car there for routine Service A or B maintenance. The point I am making is that this car did not leak oil until I brought it to your shop.

To tell me that that's just the way it goes and all mechanical things have a life span is hard to take! I understand you being protective of your business and I would do the same thing but I'm here to tell you that I have no reason to lie to you or anyone else. I ran a business as well and when we as an organization ran into these type of situations it is best to listen to your customers. Now I ask you if our rolls were reversed and you had me fix something that I did, and you continued to have problems with it when you had no problems before I worked on your product would you be satisfied? I don't believe you would!

Lastly, I was not looking for compensation for the repairs your company made on the supposed transmission hoses leaks. I was suggesting that since your company worked on not once but four separate times on my vehicle that not a single solution prescribed and paid for addressed the oil leak!

Susan H.
Porsche 911
05/06/2019 Category: Service
Susan said nothing went wrong at this business and they returned her vehicle on time and it ran after she got her vehicle back.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

Thank you for the recommendation and repeat business!

WM
WENDY M.
05/05/2019
Everyone at the shop is professional and courteous.
I was impressed with my interactions with the mechanics. They speak to you in a language that is understandable as it relates to the problems with your vehicle.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

We like to make sure that our customers understand what is going on with their vehicles so they can make informed decisions about what to do. We take pride in being honest and keeping our customers satisfied. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and remember we are here for all your automotive needs!

2007 Honda CR-V - TPMS Light
Had a TPMS system light (not tire pressure). Theo worked the issue himself and replaced the two rear sensors due to depleted sensor batteries. Bought the vehicle new and sensors lasted 12 years/171,000 miles so not unexpected. After retrieving and driving the car about 100 miles the TPMS light came back on. Theo recalibrated the TPMS system again and test drove over a couple days to ensure recalibration was effective and added gas to the car as well. Great communication and upfront quick response. Really like how he stands behind his work. Been customer for many years.

SHAREE C.
Riverdale, GA
05/01/2019
Sharee
I was very pleased with everyone especially Samantha and Mr. Jim. Even though at times I was a little to persistent the reassured all would be well. Theo’s was a great Blessing to my 4 kids and I!!
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

It was our pleasure meeting you!! I know we went back and forth and dealt with the warranty company, but we loved gaining you as a customer through it all. We are here for you, and your children, for all of your automotive needs should any arise in the future. Thank you for your review!

04/30/2019
Your Response
Thank you for your response. Your assessment of the OIL leak are totally off base. Your first question should have been to the mechanic as to why did I have to bring my car back 4 separate times? So you are telling me that your mechanic couldn't diagnose why there was with this mysterious oil leak. Look ,first the cleaning off and subsequent replacement of the oil filter gasket was not the issue it continued to leak. Also, to believe that the replacement of the transmission cooler lines was due to them leaking is nothing more than a blatant lie. There was absolutely no evidence that those lines were leaking. Because your mechanic told me that it would be transmission fluid which doesn't look like oil. I took your representatives word for it that their diagnosis was correct! Again no evidence that this was the issue and it's still leaking oil. That's number two in my mind lies about the oil leak.

By the way I didn't ask for any money back in my earlier reviews. So I don't where you think that was what I was insinuating.

04/29/2019
Earlier Post
I find it very interesting that Theo K responds to the positive reviews but has little or no regard for someone who trusted his shop to perform work that failed miserably. The oil leak that they caused on my vehicle plus the fleecing of another $700+ for telling a customer a blatant lie!
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 04/30/2019

We respond to all of our reviews here at Theo’s Automotive – good, bad, or indifferent. If you can see the dates of responses, you will notice we have not responded to any review since before you sent your original review the on April 13th. We were short staffed in the office last week, and I myself was out of the country so I personally have not had a chance to respond to any reviews since April 9th - even the good ones. I do apologize that you have not gotten a response until now. As far as your complaints go, when the car came in the second time, we addressed the obvious leaks first which was the oil filter gasket (which we replaced and cleaned off at no additional charge, as we had just done an oil change with your last visit). When the car came back again, we found the transmission cooler lines to be leaking, which you had us fix. When the car came back in January, after your trip, we did take multiple pictures, which is standard procedure. We do this for various reasons on any number of vehicles we see and in cases like these where we need to show that the work we have done is holding. Additionally, when you brought your vehicle back to us in January, you had told us that Mercedes Benz had previously told you about the oil cooler leak prior to ever coming to Theo’s Automotive, however they told you it wasn’t that bad at that point. We looked over the car and confirmed it was the oil cooler at which point we informed you that the leak had nothing to do with our previous repair and that the previously mentioned leak had worsened. Do to the fact that you weren’t happy with this response from us, we recommended taking the vehicle for a second opinion and letting us know what they say. This negative review is the first we have heard from you since that day. We are sorry that you are unhappy with your experience here, however, the issue you have with your vehicle is unrelated to work performed here and was a pre-existing condition that you yourself have even admitted to knowing about. It is absurd and misleading that you claim your vehicle was not leaking prior to bringing it here to us knowing that Mercedes Benz had already informed you of the leak. I believe from your nasty review that you are trying to justify getting a refund on the needed work we completed on your high mileage 170K+ ML320, in which we stand by. As you can see you from our 100s of positive reviews that we are honest and dependable, we stand by our work.

ROBERT C.
Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class
04/28/2019
Usual good service
My go to place
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

Happy to be here for your automotive needs for the past decade! Thank you for your five star review and taking the time to give us the recommendation.

RONALD G.
Chrysler 300M
04/16/2019
Quality and Service, with class!
My Wife and I have been a customer of Theo's for about 8 years. They have always resolved the issues with our vehicles. There are some issues that are especially difficult, Theo's will always take a methodical approach to resolve the issue, instead of throwing parts at the problem at your expense. They have always guaranteed their work . If you want your vehicle properly maintained and correctly resolve any mechanical issues that may develop, I recommend Theo's.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

Mr. Garber, I can not thank you enough for the kind words you've expressed about our automotive shop. We strive to keep repeat customers as yourself and we pride ourselves on being honest, reasonable, and upfront through all of our repairs. Customers as yourself make it easy to keep providing quality work. Thank you again!

ST
Stephanie T.
Chrysler PT Cruiser
04/16/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Stephanie's husband. He said they could not afford to get the repairs to the vehicle but he would recommend the business.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

Thank you for the recommendation! If there is anything you need in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

GLENN P.
Not sure at this time
I brought the car in looking for a mechanic I can stick with. I read reviews and felt good with selecting Theo's . I was texted and told my car was ready for pick up. I drove the car out the lot only to turn around with check engine light and a very rough idle....GLEN THE mechanic went back in and made a few adjustments and it seemed fine. I got about 5 miles away when my temperature gauge was near HOT.By the time I reached my home the dash RETURN OFF ENGINE CHECK COOLING... so the car is currently back at Theo's . I'm not sure what to say but had that car been test driven before contacting me and saying it was ready those errors would have surfaced to the mechanic immediately.....I have not given up on Theo's yet, I would like to think they will correct my situation and keep me as a customer as I have a few cars that need to be addressed for one reason or another....
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

Mr. Press, I'm sorry to be getting back to this review so late. I hope that Glen, our shop manager, was able to work everything out and correct your situation. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family and I do hope that we will be able to continue to service your cars in the future. If there is anything that you feel was left unresolved please contact the office. We would LOVE to keep you as a customer.

Misleading
I brought my 2008 Mercedes ML320 in to have the transfer case replaced along with an oil change. They performed the transfer case work without a hitch and I have no issues with the extent of work performed. This is where everything went south. I took my car on a 600 mile trip over the Christmas holidays and the car started leaking oil. I got the car home and immediately called Theo's and brought the car back. The mechanic told me that the oil filter has an O ring that had for some reason had failed and they went back and replaced it. Well brought car home again and it was still leaking oil. Brought it back a third time and this time the same mechanic told me that the transmission hoses were leaking. So $700+ they replaced the hoses. Brought the car home and it is still leaking oil! Brought it back a forth time! The mechanic then became very defensive and went out of his way to start coming up with other excuses! Just to let everyone know if you go on line and look at the reviews of this particular vehicle you will find that it has a problem with the oil cooler. My car didn't have that issue and had no leaked a drop of oil until I took it to Theo's. So the mechanic immediately jumped on this and started taking pictures etc. that was nothing more than to cover his rear end. The very least Theo's could do is reimburse me the $700 for the BS diagnosis I will never take my car to this place again!

SR
SCOTT R.
Alternator
Great service again. Alternator went out on March 5. Had my Pilot towed to Theo's, gave them the list of what was going on with the vehicle. On March 8, Theo called with what was going on with the truck and the cost. Wasn't sure when I would get the Pilot back (due to how busy they were). By noon on March 9 my SUV was ready for me to pick up. Truck is running great. Thank you again, Theo's Automotive
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

It's easy to provide great service when we have great customers as yourselves. Thank you again for your years of continued business, kind words, and recommendations. Having a customer basis that is like family is what we strive for and we love having you as part of our family!

James S.
Tyrone, GA
Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
04/12/2019 Category: Service
James said they did everything he wanted, they did it fast, and they were very helpful at explaining everything.
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

Thank you for your five star recommendation! It has been our pleasure servicing your vehicles for the past decade.

QL
QUINTON L.
Porsche Cayenne
04/10/2019
2008 cayenne service
Great work as usual!
Theo K. from Theo's Automotive responded on 05/22/2019

Thank you for your recommendation, taking the time to write a review, and for your years of continued business! Customers as yourself keep us going and being able to provide the best work.