Overall Rating 4.7368421/5Overall Rating 4.7368421/5Overall Rating 4.7368421/5Overall Rating 4.7368421/5rating 4.7368421
Overall Rating 2.4736884/5Overall Rating 2.4736884/5rating 2.4736884rating 2.4736884rating 2.4736884

Depew, NY
04/14/2019 Category: Service
AC Compressor makes screaming/screeching sound
They did not use my warranty to fix my AC compressor
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 04/15/2019

THE A/C WARRANTY IS 5YRS OR 60K (WHICHEVER OCCURS 1'ST) FOR DEFECTIVE PARTS. ( 1 YEAR UNLIMITED MILEAGE FROM PURCHASE DATE ON NEW VEHICLE TO RECHARGE A/C)
YOUR A/C COOLS THE VEHICLE AS DESIGNED, YOUR CONCERN IS THE INTERMITTENT PRESSURE RELEASE SOUND THE A/C MAKES WHEN THE VEHICLE IS TURNED OFF. WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED BY A HYUNDAI FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER THAT THE SOUND IS A NORMAL CHARACTERISTIC VENTING. THIS CONCERN ONLY HAPPENS WHEN THE VEHICLE IS TURNED OFF. INTERMITTENTLY THERE IS A SOUND LIKE A BALLOON LETTING THE AIR OUT. IT LAST FOR SECONDS; AND THEN ITS DONE. EVERYTHING WORKS AS NORMAL - THERE ARE NO SAFETY ISSUES INVOLVED. IF HYUNDAI STATES THAT THEY HAVE A REPAIR FOR THIS - WE WILL BE HAPPY TO PERFORM; BUT AT THIS TIME WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT THIS SOUND IS CHARACTERISTIC OF THIS NEW A/C FREON SYSTEM, R-1234yf.
WE HAVE ALSO NOTED THIS SOUND IN OTHER NEW (NON HYUNDAI) VEHICLES.

Orchard Park, NY
03/09/2019 Category: Service
Better customer service and follow up on the problem with the vehicle
I would like to know where this issue stands and what Hyundai is going to do to fix it.
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 03/11/2019

THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE, OVER SITE ON MY PART. RECTIFIED TODAY!!
THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE!!

2011 Hyundai Elantra
02/10/2019 Category: Service
Annoyed
This has nothing to do with Towne Hyundai, Mike Luce and his crew are great. My recent service was at the Quick Lane portion of your dealership. Lately I've noticed things I find fishy. I've always brought my car there for oil changes and they have also done extensive other work for me too. Three oil changes ago, the mileage on the sticker they put on my windshield didn't match to 5000 miles from the odometer, ok, a mistake. Two oil changes ago, same thing. OK, a coincidence. This last time, different again. And this time I even looked at the mileage that was put down on the "mileage in" on the paperwork they gave me after I paid. 645 miles different than what was on my odometer. And the sticker on my windshield was different than both of those numbers. To me, it screams scam to get people back in sooner than when their 5000 miles come up.
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 02/11/2019

SORRY TO READ A RESPONSE LIKE THIS. QUICK LANE USUALLY GETS HIGH REMARKS FROM CUSTOMERS, I WILL FORWARD THIS TO THEIR MANAGER PAT O'CONNOR. HE WILL BE CONTACTING YOU. SORRY YOUR EXPERIENCE WASN'T UP TO ) STANDARD
NEED ANYTHING - GIVE ME A CALL

MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 02/12/2019

I HAVE TO SEND A RE-SCORE, PART OF THE PROGRAM, IF PAT WAS ABLE TO HELP - GREAT. I HOPE SO.

Charles H.
East Aurora, NY
01/26/2019 Category: Service
recent experience
disappointing
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 01/28/2019

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO SPEAK WITH ME THIS MORNING. APPARENTLY WE DIDN'T DO A GOOD ENOUGH JOB ADVISING YOU PRIOR TO THE REPAIR AND AFTER THE REPAIR - THE ITEMS TO BE COMPLETED. WE DID THE OIL CHANGE AND REPLACED THE WIPERS; WE ALSO ROTATED YOUR TIRES AND PERFORMED A EMISSION UPDATE RECALL ALSO. THE UPDATE CAN TAKE UP TO A 1/2 HOUR BY ITSELF. BUT WE MUST NOT HAVE EXPLAINED THIS AND GIVEN YOU A PROPER TIME QUOTE FOR COMPLETING THIS UP FRONT.  YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN ADVISED ON COMPLETION AGAIN WHAT WAS DONE.
ATTENTION TO DETAIL IS IMPORTANT TO US; WE FAILED ON THIS AND APOLOGIZE. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME!!
WE WILL ADDRESS THIS WITH THE "TEAM"

09/28/2018 Category: Service
Condescending Service Manager
Service manager that contacted me talked to me like I was an idiot. Offered options that weren't really of help. Previous service has been sub par. Will never return, will never recommend to friends or family.
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 09/28/2018

SORRY YOU FEEL THIS WAY - I SPENT ALOT OF TIME PERSONALY WORKING WITH THE TECH TO DETERMINE THE CAUSE OF THE WATER LEAK IN YOUR VEHICLE. SORRY YOU DON'T AGREE.

KH
Kevin H.
Angola, NY
2012 Hyundai Veloster
08/27/2018 Category: Service
held hostage for gas money
do you think I care if you hold this repair over me buying a vechicle or not.
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 08/28/2018

SORRY WE CAN'T PROCESS THE FUEL MILEAGE PROGRAM WHEN YOU HAVE A "OPEN" RECALL ON THE VEHICLE. HYUNDAI WILL NOT PROCESS THE REQUEST UNLESS SAID OPEN RECALL/S ARE PERFORMED. NOT A MATTER OF HOLDING HOSTAGES, A MATTER OF MAKING SURE YOU HAVE A SAFE VEHICLE TO DRIVE!! SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
THE HYUNDAI SERVICE TEAM

Michael R.
West Seneca, NY
08/22/2018 Category: Service
Nothing
Na
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 08/23/2018

SORRY I WAS UNABLE TO REACH YOU BOTH TIMES TODAY. I PULLED YOUR REPAIR ORDER. THE TIME WRITTEN UP WAS 1PM - TIME DONE WAS 2:30PM. IF ALL WE DID WAS THE TIRE REPLACEMENT AND OIL CHANGE I WOULD AGREE THAT THIS WAS TOO MUCH TIME; HOWEVER ALL TIRES WERE ROTATED AND THE VEHICLE ALSO HAD A RECALL POWER CONTROL MODULE UPDATE PERFORMED. THESE EXTRA 2 ITEMS ARE PROBABLY WHAT GOT YOU TO THE HOUR AND 1/2 TOTAL TIME FOR REPAIR. I'M SORRY THE CAR WASH MAN WAS OFF THE DAY OF YOUR SERVICE VISIT. NEW TIRES WILL HAVE COLORED DOTS ON THEM. WE SHOULD HAVE REMOVED THIS BEFORE RETURNING THE VEHICLE TO YOU. I WILL SEND SOME FREE CAR WASH CERTIFICATES FOR YOUR USE (DELTA SONIC)

PH
Paula H.
08/02/2018 Category: Service
2017 New Hyundai Tuscon Engine Problem
Tell it like it is, If the certified mechanic does not make money on an oil change, shame on you.

08/02/2018 Category: Service
They do not check out the car as well as they should.
Tell the customer like it is. Talk at the customer, not down the customer.
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 08/03/2018

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO SPEAK WITH ME TODAY, SERVICE WILL GET YOU GOING!

Getzville, NY
07/27/2018 Category: Service
Service advisor did not listen to me concerns because they ignored one issue all together
Would like to be contacted to resolve this issue.
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 07/30/2018

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO SPEAK WITH ME THIS MORNING, I LOOK FORWARD TO OUR NEXT VISIT TO RESOLVE THE CONCERN. APPRECIATE YOUR TIME!!!!

2009 Hyundai Sonata
07/26/2018 Category: Service
Appointment misunderstanding.
Together we resolve my concerns ,very happy they took the time to address my problem and explain why things happened the way they did.

07/26/2018 Category: Service
Not good
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 07/27/2018

I 'M SORRY I COULDN'T REACH YOU TODAY(FRIDAY) TRIED THIS MORNING AND THIS AFTERNOON, (LEFT MESSAGE BOTH TIMES). AFTER YOUR VEHICLE FAILED THE INITIAL INSPECTION. WE WERE NOT ABLE TO GET YOU IN THE NEXT DAY(RIGHT AWAY) TO RE-INSPECT YOUR VEHICLE AFTER YOU HAD THE REPAIRS COMPLETED (OUTSIDE FACILITY??)  WE WERE ABLE TO GET YOU OVER TO OUR QUICKLANE WITHOUT ANY APPT AND IT LOOKS LIKE THEY WERE ABLE TO GET YOU IN AND OUT IN APPROX 50 MINUTES. SORRY WE COULDN'T GET YOU IN SOONER!!

Orchard Park, NY
03/18/2018 Category: Service
Not so good this time
Didn’t do it right
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 03/19/2018

PLEASURE GETTING TO TALK WITH YOU, AS PER OUR PRIOR DISCUSSION, WHEN THE NEW PARTS GET IN - I WILL CALL AND GET YOU SET UP FOR A LOANER AND THE REPAIR.
THANKS FOR CALLING BACK

NH
Nancy H.
Derby, NY
10/26/2017 Category: Service
The Customer is not Number One.
Poor Customer Service.
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 10/26/2017

SPOKE WITH YOUR WIFE EARLIER TODAY. HOPEFULLY WE CAN TOUCH BASE ON FRIDAY. IF THERE IS A BETTER PHONE TO CALL PLEASE LEAVE ME A MESSAGE AT
662-6512 X2528.
SRV MGR

MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 11/08/2017

APPRECIATE TALKING WITH YOU, BECAUSE OF YOUR FEEDBACK WE WERE ABLE TO IDENTIFY A WEAK SPOT IN OUR SYSTEM. WE HAVE ADDED 1 SMALL STEP IN OUR "WAITING" CUSTOMER LIST.

2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/05/2017 Category: Service
Really?
trying to sell stuff that isn't necessary; happens consistently; then i get told "I'm not trying to sell you anything" in a snotty tone after I was quoted prices... obviously if you are quoting prices at me, you are trying to sell
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 08/07/2017

TIRES ARE NECESSARY, 2 IN THE YELLOW ZONE, 2 IN THE RED ZONE. AS I ADVISED ON THE PHONE WE CAN DO A PRO RATE ON THE TIRES IN THE FALL - WHEN THE FRONT TIRES AT 4-5
ARE A LITTLE LOWER TO QUALIFY FOR PRO RATE ADJUSTMENT.
HYUNDAI SERVICE TEAM

Brooke H.
05/15/2017 Category: Service
Service.
Friendliness not there. Car was fixed and everything worked out but I'll make sure to not bring my car there the next time.
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 05/16/2017

ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE WAS CORRECT IN TOWING TO US IF YOU HAD WISHED. HOWEVER YOUR VEHICLE HAS A ROAD HAZARD WARRANTY THAT IS ONLY RECOGNIZED AT THE SELLING DEALER (NOT US). WE TRIED - THEY WOULDN'T BUDGE. SO YOU HAD TO PAY THE REPAIR AND SEEK RESTITUTION. WE ARE SORRY WE WERE NOT ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE. IT WASN'T FOR THE LACK OF TRYING.
PERHAPS WE MAY BE OF SOME ASSISTANCE IN THE FUTURE

John S.
12/16/2016 Category: Service
very friendly atmosphere
sure
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 12/16/2016

SPOKE WITH YOU ON THE PHONE, SOUNDS LIKE WRONG "BUTTON" PUSHED THEY WILL SEND A NEW SURVEY
APPRECIATE YOUR GIVING US A 5
THANKS AGAIN

Joseph P.
Warsaw, NY
2014 Hyundai Elantra
08/10/2016 Category: Service
Joe Petrillo
Towne Hyundai made an error analyzing brake condition, but was quick to resolve the situation.
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 08/10/2016

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BACK IN, MUCH APPRECIATED - AFTER SPEAKING WITH THE TECH AND ADVISOR, WE DECIDED IT WAS A 2 WAY COMMUNICATION ERROR ON OUR END. THE SERVICE YOU HAD ASKED FOR IN THE BEGINNING, WE TOOK CARE OF AT NO CHARGE. IF WE MAKE A MISTAKE - WE WANT TO MAKE IT RIGHT. THANKS AGAIN

RK
Raymond K.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
07/18/2016 Category: Service
Thank you for rectifying the mishap on such a timely manner Mike. You have renewed my faith back your service

07/18/2016 Category: Service
Sounded like a scam going on.
Made me buy more than I wanted.
I already typed in my review on the 1st page.
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 07/19/2016

NO SCAM, JUST HUMAN ERROR. WE ORDERED AND HAD WAITING HERE FOR YOU, THE WRONG SIZE TIRES. THEY WERE COVERED BY THE BUY 3; 4'TH FOR $1. AFTER YOU DROPPED OFF WE FOUND OUR MISTAKE. BUT THE  CORRECT SIZE TIRES ON THE PROGRAM WOULDN'T BE AVAILABE TILL NEXT DAY OR TWO. YOU NEEDED TIRES ASAP. ONLY THING AVAILABLE WAS A TIRE NOT ON THE HYUNDAI PROGRAM LIST. WE AGREE - WE SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH THE ORIGINAL DEAL. YOU WILL BE GETTING (AS PER MY PHONE CALL TO YOU) A CHECK FOR THE FULL COST OF THAT 4'TH TIRE (PLUS TAX) WITHIN THE WEEK
THANKS AND ENJOY THE SUMMER TRAVEL

Lake View, NY
2012 Hyundai Tucson
08/22/2014 Category: Service
Service work
Service writer and/or tech did not completely test what I described and came up with what I consider to be insulting reasons to explain the noises the vehicle is making. Their explanations of the cause of the noise (which the car still makes) insinuated that I don't know what I'm talking about.
MICHAEL K L. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 08/26/2014

WE ALWAYS PREFER TO ROAD TEST WITH THE CUSTOMER FOR ABNORMAL NOISE CONCERNS. ITS THE BEST WAY TO VERIFY WE ARE BOTH LOOKING FOR THE SAME THING. I KNOW YOU HAD TO DROP OFF YOUR VEHICLE PRIOR TO US OPENING. I'M HOPING YOU CAN GET A CHANCE TO STOP IN AND ROAD TEST WITH MYSELF OR ONE OF OUR TECHS. OUR AIM IS ALWAYS TO REPAIR THE VEHICLE.

AD
ANNETTE D.
Elma, NY
2010 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
11/02/2012 Category: Service
Hyundai can't make a decision
The dealership is great. It's Hyundai I have an issue with. They are giving me the runaway when it comes to making a decision on how they are going to deal with buying back my car. Everyday I'm told "tomorrow you will get an answer". and It just doesn't get resolved. I work for a lawyer who says this is unacceptable. I'm ready to hand the case over to him. Maybe "today" I will finally get my answer as enough is enough. My car has been looked at 5 different times for the same issue and no resolution has been made. When does Hyundai stop putting money into trying to fix it? They have put more into the car than what I paid for it. My patience is running out Hyundai. Let's make a decision-TODAY.
Ian W. from Towne Hyundai Orchard Park responded on 06/07/2013
Hi Annette, I was going through our reviews through SureCritic and came across yours. Did we do everything to satisfy your issue with Hyundai? Thank you in advance.