Vic Williams Tire & Auto

SONIA M.
Hiram, GA
10/22/2015
A little disappointed on my last visit
I've had no issues with bringing my car here, but I was left wondering after this last visit for an oil change. They couldn't get my oil filter cap off, so with some feeling of nervousness but having confidence in them, I said ok to the potential replacement part cost and for them to do what needed to be done to get it off. They broke it, as I was warned would likely happen. The new oil filter cap was $53.27, which is just crazy. With the popularity of Corollas I think it would be a good idea to have the proper oil filter wrench and train the techs for the job, too. The last person to touch the oil filter before this visit was a tech at Vic Williams so if there was over-tightening involved it was their fault. I do understand that sometimes poop happens, and like I said I've been pretty happy with them for a few years now, but I was not happy this time.

I will choose "Yes" to recommend them to a friend, but I would relay this incident for full disclosure reasons.
Karen M. from Vic Williams Tire & Auto responded on 10/23/2015

Sonia, we consider this to be a Toyota design problem, it is such a problem that every parts store has oil filter covers in stock for several Toyota applications. The truck covers are now made of aluminum instead of plastic and are more durable and less expensive. It does seem that the longer the cover stays on the tighter it gets so maybe not waiting 12,000 for the next oil change would help - it has for other customers. Toyota makes a great vehicle but this is not their finest component and we, or whoever changes the oil, catches the brunt of the customers frustration.
   Thanks for you business and i hope to see you again.
Vic Williams

LEN B.
Hiram, GA
07/09/2015
Did nit test drive
When we picked up the Explorer it had a bad vibration when we turned corners. The problem (we were told) was in the power steering from moving the wheels during the brake job. If the car was properly test driven the issue would have been detected and driven more until the issue resolved itself; or at the very least notify us that the problem may occur and would go away with driving. Was not happy we had to return the vehicle to the shop wasting our time when it should have been detected before returning the vehicle to us.
Karen M. from Vic Williams Tire & Auto responded on 07/09/2015

Sir you were told that because it was true - all Rangers and Explorers with a rack and pinion steering as your vehicle is equipped are subject to this condition after wheels are turned in air with engine not running and I don't know of another vehicle that is prone to this anomaly- the engine can not be running while doing this and it does not happen every time. It was noticed on the test drive and sat overnight before delivery. This normally will allow the aeration to dissipate so the condition was not not noted on the ticket which turned out to be the wrong thing to do. If you do come back for any other services i would be glad to comp you an oil change for your trouble. This condition goes away by itself but i certainly know how unsettling this can be when felt, again i am sorry for the assumption that the aeration had abated overnight and hope to see you again.
Vic

V
very .
07/07/2015
takes forever
This shop was recommended by a family member. Came in for an oil change and 2 hours later my car was just taken into the garage. 1 customer was told his car was taking so long because its hard to get his air filter off. I want to leave but I've been here so long. All of workers seem to follow kenneth around and were just standing in the waiting area and eating popcorn. I went out to look in the garage and the ssme was happening except they were eating popsicles too. Current time is 10:30 and counting...

GJ
GERNI J.
Chevrolet Suburban
08/20/2014
too pricey
Too pricey, service needs affordable for our community

AJ
AMY J.
Volvo XC90
06/24/2013
oil change
The staff is great. I just always hate the wait.

SHIRLEY S.
05/30/2013
people are halpful and friendly.
close to my home.

CRYSTAL B.
Jeep Liberty
04/17/2013
Not sure, need to go back.
The very first thing I told the lady was that the tires vibrate when I put the brakes on. That was the main reason why I went. I also needed to be checked out for a long trip. The service is always friendly and I usually don't have too long a wait so I have no complaints there, but the jeep is doing the very thing that I went there for and worse now. I was told my brakes were still okay so I don't expect it to be shaking because of the brakes. There were 4 new tires put on so maybe one isn't balanced correctly. I haven't had a chance to go in again, but I will take it in to check it again and see why it still shakes as soon as I can.