Viking Automotive

Latest Review about 2 years ago

Drew D. on 07/28/2015
"Overpriced! "
My wife made an appointment for an oil change here. She took our Subaru Impreza down there and it took them 1 1/2 to change the oil and rotate the tires. If it was me I wouldn't have cared but my wife is 9 months pregnant. Then when it came time to settle up they charged her $68! I could go to a hundred places in SLC and get two oil changes for that price. You can't tell me that there service on an oil change is that much better than the next place...
Service Date: 07/28/2015
Review Created: 07/28/2015 05:50 PM
Romar K. on 02/04/2013
"Expert auto knowledge!"
Both Erick and Patrick knew exactly what the problem was after my description of the symptoms. The job was quick and they explained everything. Great experience!
Vehicle: Toyota Tacoma
Service Date: 01/29/2013
Review Created: 02/04/2013 08:58 PM
Jared H. on 01/28/2013
"Fantastic Customer Service!"
My van is running like new again thanks to Viking Automotive! They not only got my van fixed quickly they checked everything else out on my van to make sure no other work was needed! The customer service is not only personal but friendly! I look forward to working with them in the future!
Vehicle: Dodge Grand Caravan
Service Date: 01/25/2013
Review Created: 01/28/2013 08:14 AM
Mitch M. on 01/23/2013
"Great service. Much better than a dealership or national chain"
Patrick was extremely friendly and outgoing, and answered all questions effectively. The mechanic's recommendations matched Honda's maintenance schedule pretty closely. I ended up getting an oil change, air filter, transmission drain & fill, and new wiper blades. The air filter and transmission drain & fill were more expensive than I was expecting (not Viking's fault - non-standard air filter and pricey ATF). However, I noticed an improvement in shifting smoothness immediately when I left the shop, and I'm looking forward to seeing an improvement in MPG since the old filter was really dirty. They also didn't charge labor on little things like changing the air filter and wiper blades. I don't think they marked up the parts cost, but I wouldn't mind all that much if they did... saves me the hassle of changing those things myself, and I get to support a local business.

The oil change was pretty much as expected. I asked about full synthetic, but Patrick mentioned that he does a synthetic blend for the same price as conventional oil, and talked me out of the extra $40 for full synthetic. Nice guy, right? Could have easily had another $40 from me, but knew it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Anyway, I highly recommend Viking.
Vehicle: Honda Fit
Service Date: 01/21/2013
Review Created: 01/23/2013 09:19 AM
Kelly H. on 01/22/2013
Kelly said they came to her home to pick the vehicle up. She said her vehicle was out of gas and the battery was dead, but she did not know about it. The business took care of everything and they text messaged and called her to keep her updated.
Vehicle: Suzuki Forenza
Service Date: 01/15/2013
Review Created: 01/22/2013
Sherrie D. on 01/19/2013
Sherrie said they told her she needed certain work on her vehicle but she really didn't need it.
Vehicle: Ford Focus
Service Date: 01/02/2013
Review Created: 01/19/2013
Edy A. on 01/15/2013
Edy said the location is convenient and the service is great.
Vehicle: Infiniti G35
Service Date: 12/28/2012
Cody H. on 01/15/2013
Cody said this business was very helpful and they worked with his schedule.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Silverado
Service Date: 01/07/2013
Steve B. on 01/15/2013
Steve said this business is personable, they do a good job at fair prices.
Vehicle: Honda Accord
Service Date: 01/11/2013
Leslie S. on 01/14/2013
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Thorough, honest, fair, and does great work"
Every time I take my car in I end up spending less than other estimates I'm given and they do the job well. The service is great, staff is friendly, and I would highly recommend them!
Service Date: 01/14/2013
Review Created: 01/14/2013 05:26 PM
Shawn W. on 01/14/2013
"You are there when we need you!"
As a business owner, it is hard to predict when things will go south with my fleet of trucks. Viking Automotive does a great job of helping me get my trucks fixed and back on the road. I cannot afford to have my guys without their truck! Thanks Viking!!
Vehicle: Dodge Pickup
Service Date: 01/11/2013
Review Created: 01/14/2013 03:43 PM
Jeramiah L. on 01/12/2013
Jeramiah said the business gets the truck in when needed. Time is of the essence because it is a snow plow truck. They provide good customer service, don't upscale and bill for only the work done. He likes how they provide a ride to and from the shop.
Vehicle: Ford Pickup
Service Date: 12/28/2012
Review Created: 01/12/2013
Brittany L. on 01/11/2013
"The People"
Great Service however the part took longer to get there than expected.
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 01/10/2013
Review Created: 01/11/2013 10:10 AM
JD M. on 01/10/2013
"Fantastic Work"
These guys are top notch. Not only are the personable, they are clear and concise. They picked up my car, got it serviced, let me know of what things needed to be done now and down the road, and will be saving me $600+. I've felt that they really knew what they were talking about, and were able to nicely explain it to someone who is a little less knowledgeable without being condescending. I would highly recommend them, and am proud to call them MY mechanic!
Service Date: 01/10/2013
Review Created: 01/10/2013 02:43 PM
Josh S. on 01/07/2013
"Went for a simple oil change and found damages belts!!! Thanks"
These guys are great! I have referred many people to them and they have all been grateful. This is one mechanic that is extremely fair and are willing to do everything in their power to keep the cost down.
This was the first time I have needed them for my own car and they got me in and handled in a timely fashion. Thanks guys.
Vehicle: Subaru Legacy
Service Date: 01/03/2013
Review Created: 01/07/2013 07:39 AM
Michael G. on 01/04/2013
"Satisfying and Informative"
My family and I were headed to California in October. I took my wife's car in for an oil change and I asked the crew member to inspect the car in preparation for a road trip. Each crew member seemed to love what they were doing and enjoyed talking about it to me. They let me know what were big concerns and what were little items that could be fixed whenever I got around to it. I will take my vehicles back to Viking Automotive.
Service Date: 10/10/2012
Review Created: 01/04/2013 11:59 AM
Sarah P. on 01/03/2013
"Great"
very friendly and helpful!
Vehicle: Dodge Neon
Service Date: 12/31/2012
Review Created: 01/03/2013 12:29 PM
Steve G. on 01/03/2013
"Great and honest service!"
I know nothing about servicing cars and in the past have been taken advantage of. These guys could've charged me to replace the alternator but instead were honest and replaced the battery!
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 12/31/2012
Review Created: 01/03/2013 09:51 AM
Daniel H. on 01/02/2013
"Check Engine Light on Again..."
They always address the issue and let you know what's wrong without the high pressure sales of having to do it right now, if it's something that isn't urgent. I have used them since moving here a year ago and will continue to do so.
Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Service Date: 12/19/2012
Review Created: 01/02/2013 02:13 PM
Nikki D. on 12/29/2012
"12.27.2012"
Informative, fast, fair pricing.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey