1988 Reviews

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Daniel L.
MN
07/13/2019 Category: Service
Daniel said he was going to have an emissions update done and he was told they would have to fix a problem before that was covered under warranty. He said after two or three days they called him and said it wouldn't be covered under warranty and would cost a thousand dollars. He said he did it but wasn't happy.

JJ
Josiah J.
06/19/2019 Category: Service
Spoke with Josiah. He said it took the business 8 weeks to finish the repair and a big part was about the insurance. He stated that he was calling the business practically everyday because the insurance was waiting for the repair to finish so they can work on the claim. The repair was not done to his satisfaction and he said he wouldn't be back to the business.

Superior, WI
04/13/2019 Category: Service
Bad service
Bad service representative was not helpful and did not know the information needed or how to get the information needed

CG
Chase G.
Winona, MN
03/17/2019
Still waiting
So I purchased a car in January, never got the warranty packet that I wanted and I wanted to know how to reset the airbag light also. So I called and called and they said they sent a packet finally in February (which I never recieved yet and its march now) and that would get back to me to let me know how to reset the light. However no attempts were made in helping me out. I have finally given up and will probably never buy from a dealer again!!!! Oh plus they keep spelling my name wrong, thank god it's actually spelt right on the title though....

01/20/2019 Category: Sales
Poor excuse for customer service
Typical Evergreen dealership. More interested in the immediate gratification of a sale than the customer. The sale itself was fine other than their sorry excuse for an offer on my trade. Upon arriving to take delivery of the car, even though they had been expecting me the car was buried in the lot, covered in an inch of ice, dirty inside and out, an empty fuel tank, no 21 day permit, and it does not appear to have been through the shop or had an oil change.

Basically, my expectations were low going in and they couldn't even meet that.
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 01/21/2019

Hello! I'm sorry you feel that you had a bad experience at our dealership. We truly do our best to give the very best sales experience possible.

Your vehicle was ready to go that Friday after the rustproofing was done, as mentioned by your salesman. There was a big snowstorm that day that is why your vehicle was buried in ice when you arrived Saturday. Unfortunately we did not know when you were going to stop in so we couldn't plan for it ahead of time. You did get a full tank of gas and a 21 day permit before you left our lot. I apologize that things might not have gone as smooth for your vehicle delivery as we would have liked.

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you in the future.

BL
BRIAN L.
Bruno, MN
12/18/2018 Category: Sales
Crappy
Sell vehicle vehicles that don't have proper tires on for winter then expect you to buy th
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 12/19/2018

Hi Brian, I'm sorry that you feel that way. We did have an agreement with you that if you provided the stipulations needed to finalize the financing that we would change the tires. Since you decided not to keep the truck and ended up returning it back to us, then there was no need for us to change the tires at the time. We would certainly like to earn your business in the future so please let us know how we can help.

TR
Trenton R.
Mcgregor, MN
10/12/2018 Category: Service
Trenton said the staff at this business did not get a hold of him ahead of time to let him know that his oil change service plan was about to expire after he had paid for 3 oil changes when he purchased this vehicle. Instead he was charged $80.00 for the oil change. He felt that the staff at this business could have honored the plan. He said now because of this slight, he will not be purchasing another vehicle from this business.

CQ
CODY Q.
Solon Springs, WI
07/16/2018 Category: Sales
Still waiting for services that have been paid for to be completed.
Walked in and basically handed the sale to the Salesman names Adam. During the paperwork process I opted to purchased the “Northland Protection” which is undercoating for the car. The dealer, Volkswagen of Duluth, was supposed to call me to set up a day to bring it in to have this done after receiving my vehicle. They have never contacted me to set this up and they will not return my phone calls and gave me the run around when I made a personal visit. At this point I am out $800 and will contacting the FTC and a lawyer.

Annabelle M.
Hancock, MI
06/20/2018
Terrible service -
I wanted to buy a 2018 VW from this dealer but they were totally unresponsive. I called the manager, talked to a salesperson and they never got back to me. I emailed them and asked them questions -- laid out clearly so they could easily respond by typing into my text. No response. Some random person from the dealer called (not one of the two I had contacted) and asked if I wanted to trade something -- no answers, or even any reference to, any of my previous questions. I'd hate to think how maddening it would be to get this kind of attention AFTER I bought a car from them. I am going elsewhere for sure. Probably all the way to Greenbay, WI!
I also notice that most of the reviews on this site seem to be written by a third party -- dealer. Notice that they say things like: "David B. said service was fast" and "Alain said the service was timely." Oh did they? If they were so impressed why didn't they take the time to write their own reviews?

CAROL B.
Proctor, MN
03/03/2018 Category: Service
Misleading
Took car into Voelkswagonfor its regular prepaid oil change and tire rotation. Like the scams you see on TV, the serviceman called to say they finished the requested work but our transmission was leaking badly and we have the kind of car that there is no tool to get at it so they have to take it all apart to fix it. He also said we needed to replace the battery and oil filter. This would cost us over $600 , We took it to our regular mechanic And He looked the car over and laughed when we told him the other service person said there wasn't a tool to get at the transmission. He had a tool that could do it. His inspection and replacement of the filter was $60. Battery was good for another year and transmission was fine. Getting a second opinion saved us over $500.

KR
KEITH R.
Ashland, WI
Volkswagen Tiguan
11/17/2017 Category: Service
Horrible service department
The service department has gone completely downhill and they will not be getting any further business from me either. I had an appointment to change my spark plugs and if they happened to find a defective ignition coil (or something else), I wanted to make sure I had an early enough of an appointment to make the part cut-off for the next day. They ran out of spark plugs right before my scheduled appointment and needed to order them. Being that I live 150 miles away (round trip) from the dealership, I was not happy that I had to wait for something I assumed would be in stock for my appointment. I could understand if something additional needed to be ordered but not for something that should have been in stock for this appointment. There was no regard for my time or the fact that I had a three-hour round-trip drive two days in a row.

VW Duluth charged an hour of labor for a diagnosis that was caught in a complimentary multi-point inspection at another dealership. On top of this I already had the engine codes and had the engine light reset by another VW dealer and was told to change the spark plugs and go from there. I’m still awaiting a return call regarding what VW of Duluth is willing to do to rectify my most recent visit.

PL
Pat L.
Littlefork, MN
08/13/2017
Stressful Day
Salesman called me and set a day for me to pick up my new car. When I arrived they told me he was not in that day. Another new person tried to help me - brought my new car around - gave me the key. I mentioned that there should be 2 keys. He found another key in the glove box, but it was not for that car. He then ran thru the lot clicking the key fob to see which vehicle it was for. Finally came back and said the key was laying on the floor. Started home (165 miles) and when I accelerated past 60 mph the car started to vibrate badly. Turned around and brought the car back. I said I would not drive the car home and asked for my old car back. He took me over to the service dept. - they said they were very busy but if I wanted to wait a couple hours they might be able to fit me in. Finally I flat out told them to get me my old car - I said "I still own that car - bring it to me" So, as of today, I have not heard from anyone at the dealership. I will go pick up the car when they get it fixed - and go turn my diesel in somewhere else. I never want to go back there.

KH
Kirstie H.
07/29/2017
Waste of TIme
I made an appointment for them to just look at my windshield wipers as they were faulty, for a 10:30 appointment. I was there until almost 1 PM with a big list of things "wrong" with my car (that my oil change appt somewhere else covered half of), and a $130 bill that I was not ever notified I'd even have!! I wanted to get my wipers fixed but thank god they didn't (over $250) but they did an overall "check-up" that I never asked for.

Catherine S.
Irvine, CA
05/17/2017 Category: Service
Catherine said she had to be picked up and towed because she was stranded. Her vehicle had to be taken back to the business.

KJ
Keri J.
05/08/2017 Category: Service
Keri said no active repair was done and they took advantage of her son. Her son recently purchased his vehicle about 3 weeks ago. A diagnostic was done, they confirmed his suspicion and was charged $125 for the diagnostic. She likes the salesperson but she is wary to have work done there in the future.

HK
HOPE K.
Superior, WI
VOLKSWAGEN JETTA SEDAN
04/17/2017 Category: Service
Mis diagnosed
Im still waiting for my refund

SJ
Shelly J.
Irvine, CA
12/03/2016 Category: Service
Shelly said it took 2 weeks for a part. They picked the vehicle up after the service and it still didn't work. The gas tank locked and they had to have it towed there again. They put in the new part and didn't program it. She would not recommend for reason stated.

EM
ELIAS M.
VOLKSWAGEN TIGUAN
03/21/2015 Category: Service
VW visit
Sad to see the change in customer service.

BC
BRADLEY C.
VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT
02/28/2015 Category: Service
Worst customer service ever
So glad to be trading in the VW to a different dealer and getting a new vehicle so I don't have to deal with VW of Duluth again! Once again, I had very rude interactions with staff. They also forgot to call and say that the key I ordered had arrived and could be programmed (at that point I didn't have a key to start the car so it was worthless to me).
Alan V., IT Director from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 03/02/2015

Bradley -

Thank you for the feedback. As you can imagine it is not our goal to disappoint you; we appreciate every opportunity to help our customers. With that said, please call Jon Campbell to discuss the issues outlined in this review. With your feedback we can improve our performance.

SA
SUZZANE A.
Floodwood, MN
VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT
02/13/2015 Category: Service
sorry about the rating
I thought I gave a 5 star rarting but only hit a 1 there is nothing wrong with the service I recieved

02/13/2015 Category: Service
50,000 mile check up
clean, friendly, excellent service
Alan V., IT Director from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 02/14/2015

Thank you for the review Suzanne - It looks as though you enjoyed your visit to Volkswagen of Duluth. What would it take to turn your 1-star (less than pleasant) experience into a 5-star (extremely happy and satisfied) experience? We will send you a rescore just in case the 1-star was sent in error.

Thank you.