2007 Reviews

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Dominik W.
MN
09/07/2019 Category: Service
Dominik said that they told him a bunch of work needed to be done. He didn't want to pay them so he found someone else. He found out that the work they told him he needed done wasn't necessary. He is out $600.

RP
ROGER P.
Volkswagen Golf Alltrack
08/08/2019 Category: Service
Routine service on 2017 VW Alltrack
Presented my 2017 VW Alltrack to VW of Duluth for routine service; appointment had been scheduled along with what was to be done (oil and filter change, tire rotation).
When getting checked out I questioned the amount of the charges as they were greater than what were expected as discussed on phone when appointment made. Service rep said the oil change/filter was more expensive because it was a DIESEL. And all this time I had been fueling it with gasoline!...and I believe VW stopped producing/selling diesels prior to the 2017 model year. I would hope your people would know the products better than this.
Service was done quickly (I hope well).

05/02/2019 Category: Sales
Decent service
Got a used car..

REBECCA S.
Chaska, MN
04/15/2019 Category: Sales
Used VW Purchase
Product and sales staff were very good but closing documentation department were not likewise.

SK
Sabrina K.
Superior, WI
04/08/2019 Category: Service
Sabrina said the service was good, but she had a bad experience with getting the appointment. When she first called the business, the staff did not want to help her, and they didn't have a loaner they could provide her. She stated she needed to get her husband involved in order to get the service she needed. Based on the way she was treated, she would not want to return to this business.

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
04/03/2019 Category: Sales
I like the car
I liked the sales guy. A couple of things that I was told was not quite accurate. I was told it had a new battery and it is not new but seems to be working fine. I was told that the car was completely gone over and it turns out all of the tires including the spare were quite low on air, 15 pounds of pressure instead of 35, and the wiper blades were shot. All in all small stuff in my book and I had a good experience in general. I liked the price and in general people were very helpful.

NP
Nate P.
MN
01/15/2019 Category: Service
Nate said he did not have a good experience with the business. He said his battery went dead and when the battery was charged, his vehicle did not recognize his key and he had to pay $75 to have his vehicle programmed.

BL
Breanna L.
11/16/2018 Category: Service
Breanna said the staff couldn't program her key and felt she was charged a lot.

MK
Michele K.
Eveleth, MN
11/15/2018 Category: Service
Michele said the staff did not have all the services she requested on record. She stated that the one particular thing she wanted done was overlooked. She noticed that a hubcap was missing and the vehicle was out of alignment after the visit. She said that since she returned to have the vehicle aligned is has being driving wobbly.

Bryan M.
11/08/2018 Category: Service
Spoke with Catherine. She said that the facility failed to update her by phone throughout the service even though she had provided her personal number to them.

LV
LIRIDONA V.
Spooner, WI
10/12/2018 Category: Sales
Not too happy with the service
I was not well informed about the vehicle and what all i am getting for the price.
Ana B. from Volkswagen of Duluth responded on 10/15/2018

Hi Liridona, I apologize for your experience. We strive to be as transparent as possible with our vehicles/price. Please let us know what we can do to earn your business.

MA
MICHAEL A.
Mount Horeb, WI
09/01/2018 Category: Sales
OK DEALER- PUSHY F & I PERSON-just doing her job- after telling no three times I was starting to get unhappy.
The car I bought was on website was said to have Sun roof and Navigation got there and it didn't have either. I bought it because it looks like it was taking care of and because it was certified .

08/14/2018 Category: Sales
Why average
Because I didn't get a tour of the vehicle's features and was told it uses unleaded reg when in fact it calls for premium AND I was told it had cruise control and it doesn't. I am unsure about the vehicle. It's got power and it's new. Only just turned 300 miles. Need more time. I'm unsure about recommendation as yet. Employees very pleasant.

GL
GLEN L.
Cloquet, MN
07/21/2018 Category: Sales
Sales staff was great. GM not so much.
Our salesman was kind and help us find the car that woks for our family. The General Manager kept try to sell us add-ons and would not take no for an answer. Take her out of the equation and I give it 5 stars.

SONJA H.
12/03/2017 Category: Service
Missed the mark
I really don't want to write a bad review but I really wasn't satisfied with my last experience. I spent 2 hours while they checked for the noise I had questions about. They came back and said they couldn't find anything of significance . Left but still the noise persisted. Found time to go again and this time they heard the noise. I also had a sqeaking noise and as I was paying the guy addressed that, too late. Have spent at least 6000 dollars in repairs to my 7 yr old 60,000 mile VW and although it is not the service dept fault I am not very happy. I also thought it was a bit much to have a big yellow sticker begging for a good review on my repair receipt. While I have been mostly satisfied with your service the last one missed the mark.

Michael W.
Aurora, MN
11/14/2017 Category: Service
Michael said there was some discussion about the price. They did some work and did not tell him how much it would cost. Kyle was new. However, they resolved it in the end. Even so, his experience was not as good as before.

PE
PETER E.
Esko, MN
Volkswagen Golf R
10/04/2017 Category: Service
No Loaners
The service department at VW of Duluth is very helpful, and has always fixed my car right the first time. However, they rarely have loaner cars available. This makes them no better than the average service department, which is why I rated them as "average."

ANASTASIA S.
Irvine, CA
Volkswagen Passat Wagon
08/13/2017 Category: Service
Left with 1 tire at 20 and 3 at 40! Car was filth and I had a timing belt, oil and all filters replaced
Great communication and nice service writer but when I picked up my car I was disappointed. I also asked to have my passenger side mirror fixed, it wasn't, fell off and coast 100 to replace!

WC
WALTER C.
CADILLAC CTS SEDAN
07/12/2017 Category: Sales
No second key fob. Dont think undercoat was necessary
Felt that I was forced into buying the undercoat. No second key fob. These two things cost over $800.

Tom S.
Cloquet, MN
03/15/2017 Category: Service
Tom said he had an appointment for an oil change and it took 2 hours. It should have taken 30 minutes or 45 minutes at the most.